Chapter Twenty Six - I Remember // FINAL CHAPTER

(Y/n)'s POV

I waited for Alphonse to come out but he never came down. I kept looking out the window, waiting for the big, metal arm to come out but it never did. I couldn't wait any longer... I have to find my friends!

The rain seemed as if it was getting harder and harder. The ground was moist and getting all over my clothes and my bare feet. But that didn't matter.

I coughed a bit and felt something warm come out. I looked at my hand and saw a bit of blood. "No... please, not right now." I said to myself. "Ed! Ariana!" I yell. My metal arm started getting hard to move. I ignored the pain. "ED! ARIANA!" All I heard was an echo of my own voice and the rain hit the mud.

"Why did you get out? How did you get out, dear?" I heard. I felt chills go down my spine and my eyes widened. I looked behind me and there he was. Please no... please not right now.

"They are over there... in the basement. Get them out, honey." He said softly as he pointed to the basement. My heart was racing. I looked over to where he was pointing. I looked back at him, then back at the basement door.

I slowly walked to the basement door. I fell to my knees, despite the mud getting all over my lower half. I was hesitant. I was scared. I was scared of what I would see.

I wanted to see Ed and Ariana but... if they were in a basement, what condition would they be in? How would they react to me? Are they angry with me? What if they hate me? The dude who caused this is my dad so it's my fault, right? All of these thoughts clouded my thought.

I took a deep breath. My eyes started to give me a foggy vision. I used my good arm to slowly open both doors. I shut my eyes, scared of what I would see.

I slowly opened one eye and saw them both. I saw Ariana laying on the ground with her head on the wall. Her hair was messy and she had dark circles under her eyes.

Then I saw Edward. He immediately looked back up at me with those golden eyes. It felt so familiar. I felt my eyes well up. Edward looked so sick and his braid didn't look like so much like a braid anymore.

I took another deep breath and forced a smile. A real smile. "Oh shit! (Y/n)!" Ariana said. I held my hand out for the both of them. Ariana smiled and grabbed my hand first. I pulled her up with all the effort I had in my good arm.

Then there was Edward. My smile became bigger. He grabbed my hand and had a small smile. I pulled him up while still keeping eye contact with him.

He stood up and looked down at me while I was still on my knees. I looked back at him. He kneeled down and looked deep into my (e/c) eyes.

"E-Edward. I'm so sorry... for everything. I didn't mean for this-" I coughed into my elbow with blood tripping a bit.

"(Y/n)... Are you okay? What did that bastard do to you?" Ed said as he set his arm on my thigh. I lightly blushed upon my (s/c) skin.

"I-I'm fine. I'm just sorry... the both of you. I'm sorry for everything... I didn't mean for anyone to get hurt. Especially over m-"

"(Y/N)!" I heard Edward's voice yell before I felt my body get hit. Everything else was a solid sound. I couldn't hear anything. But I saw something. I wasn't sure it was real until I heard screaming.

"OH MY GOD!" I heard Ariana yell.

I saw my father holding an axe. The blade covered in blood as rain fell on the corpse of... no. It can't be.