Hate & Voices {6}

Chloe's POV

I scroll aimlessly through the comments on the video of Joe and I. Some of them are nice and funny and I smile at them widely. Then I stop on one that said 'She's a slut. She's ugly- why is she your girlfriend? She doesn't even deserve you'.

I stared at the screen for a minute before I felt the tears well in my eyes. Another one read 'Joe, no offence, but your girlfriend is so ugly that I had a hard time telling the difference between the animals in the video and her. Lol.'

Tears drip down my face and I run to the bathroom and slam the door. I get a blade out and stare at the shining metal. I haven't cut in so long, things have been so good to me. But those comments triggered a part of my brain which I have suppressed since I was a teenager.

Slowly I place the blade to my skin and I press it into my arm. I'm worthless. I wince at every cut I do and blood drips down my arm. I cry even harder and run my arm under the tap to try and clean the cuts. Why did I just do that?

I hear the front door open and panic fills me. Joe is home.

"Honey I'm home!" Joe shouts and I put down the blade. What can I do? I don't want him to worry about me.

But it's too late.

I hear a gasp from downstairs and I guess he must have seen those comments. The door opens and Joe rushes to my side.

He gasps even louder when he sees my arm and I pull it away from him. I don't want him to pity me. It's not his fault.

"Hey, it's ok," he says slowly then the voices come back. I haven't heard them for so long.

Calm down Chloe.

"I CANT CALM DOWN! PLEASE NO!" I scream back to them, and then I break down.

I fall to the floor and curl into a small ball. I know Joe doesn't know what to do but I hear him turn off the tap and then he sits on the floor next to me and strokes my hair comfortingly.

"I don't know whats wrong with me Joe," I whisper when I am slightly calmer and I sit up.

"Nothing is wrong with you. I promise," he cuddles me and I know he is right.

He sits with me for half an hour and he tells me how beautiful and perfect I am. When I stop crying I have the urge to vlog, to tell someone other than Joe.

"I'm going to vlog," I say defiantly before getting up.

"Before you do, here-" he puts bandages around my arm and kisses them.

"Thanks," I say and kiss him on his nose.

I go out the bathroom and I grab the camera and go into the bedroom. I close the door and I sit down. I don't know why I'm doing this, I just feel like letting everyone know that things aren't always fine with me.

"I don't know why I'm vlogging this but sometimes it all gets to much. Life isn't always perfect," I say, wiping my eyes but I am still crying.

I explain the rest to them about the comments and the cutting. Finally I turn it off and I wipe my eyes, and put on some new mascara. I leave the room and slowly walked down the stairs. Joe is talking to Zoe but when they both see me they look concerned. I fake smile and I go to sit next to joe on the sofa.

But the voices are back.

What are the voices? This was a sad chapter :( please remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed!