The BBQ {9}

Chloe's POV

We are having a BBQ now and the sun is shining over us like a sign that today is going to be a good day. I have never been so excited in my life for something like this! Well I have when I was a kid before my parents sadly passed away; we used to have barbecues every weekend in summer- it was like a tradition. But this is not a time to cry.

Today, for Joe and Zoe and everyone's sake, I've got to stay calm so then the voices will be calm. I hope they never come back, I just want to live my life again.

The voices seem to take over my life and I am constantly worrying about them. I think about them more than I think about myself.

Alfie is back and he is flipping sausages on the BBQ. I met him earlier on today when he came back from the shop and he pulled me into a big hug. Zoe is helping him and Joe and I are just sitting in the sun together.

"Ever since I met you my life has changed," he says to me and I smile. He knows exactly what to say to make me happy.

"The first time I ever kissed you, everything went away," I say, leaning closer to him.

I kiss him gently and he reciprocates; everything around us doesn't matter as we kiss and I feel butterflies flutter in my stomach.

"Sorry if I ruined your snogging session but the sausages are ready," Zoe says and we both blush in embarrassment.

She gives us a plate with a bun and sausage and it smells heavenly! I put some tomato ketchup on my sausage and I start to eat with Zoe. The hotdogs taste so good and I eat mine in a minute, the meaty flavour filling my mouth.

The boys go crazy with the sauce so every time they bite into their hotdog, sauce flies everywhere.

Someone suggests we do piggyback races and we race Zoe and Alfie. I laugh so much as Joe and Alfie grunt and run as fast as they can with us on their backs. Joe trips over something and we both come crashing to the ground, which means that Zoe and Alfie win.

I can't wipe the grin off my face- this day has been so perfect.

***

We sit down and start to watch 'Me Before You' which makes both Zoe and I cry at the end because it's so sad. I think even Joe has a tear in his eye even though he denies it.

"I just have something in my eye," he whispers to me as the end credits begin to roll.

I rest my head on Joe's shoulder and close my eyes but before I fall asleep I hear,

"I love you so much Chloe."

"Love you too Joe," I mumble and he strokes my hair before kissing me on my forehead.

Slowly, I fall asleep, still smiling at how perfect the day has been.

Joe's POV

Chloe falls asleep and so does Zoe; Alfie and I both take them to bed. I tuck Chloe in and kiss her forehead.

I look at her for a moment and marvel at how beautiful she is, and how lucky I am to have her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

"Love you Chloe," I mumble again quietly and I leave our bedroom, shutting the door...

So this was a pretty perfect BBQ! What will happen next I wonder ;) please remember to vote and comment if you enjoyed!