Dyslexia {15}

Chloe's POV

Joe and I are starting to get worried about Hazel, she hasn't talked to us since her friends left her. I understand that she is upset and it can't be easy for her, but if she would just let us help her, everything could be so much easier.

She has been back chatting and muttering things which is completely out of her character. I imagine it must be hard being dyslexic and not been able to read with her friends. She's at the age where it's easy to feel left out and I remember what I was like as a teenager.

Suddenly, she bursts out her room and goes into the kitchen; she hums to herself as she gets a drink.

I look over at Joe and he stares at me, we both know that we have to talk to her. Hazel walks out the kitchen and back to her room and she shuts the door.

I stand up and go into our bedroom and feel like crying. I feel like I'm losing my daughter.

I set up my MacBook and I look through all the pictures of when Hazel was a baby. I land on one when she was first born and Joe is holding her. He looks so happy to hold her and I remember how much joy filled me on that day.

I decide to do a montage of our family videos for Joe's channel which is still doing well. Everyone has accepted our family and enjoys the videos that Joe puts out. He now has over five graphic novels published and is starring in a new big movie which is supposed to do well at the box office. I'm so proud of how far he has come.

I edit the video and Joe comes in to see what I'm doing. To finish it, I put 'Photograph' by Ed Sheeran as the background music.

"Can I see it?" he asks and I nod slightly, wondering what he will think of it.

While I watch it, I start crying uncontrollably. It's so hard not talking to Hazel, I miss her so much.

"Why is it always us?" I whisper through my tears.

"It's ok, it will blow over. Here, let me upload this to my channel," he goes onto YouTube and uploads it.

"Love you Chloe," he mumbles into my ear and I smile slightly.

"Love you Joe," we lean in and kiss slightly and I feel the same love for him that I always have.

"I'm going to check on Hazel," Joe says, giving me the laptop before walking out.

Joe's POV

I knock on Hazel's door and go inside. She is sat on the floor crying as she tries to read a book. When she notices me, she cries even more. Tears form in my eyes and I feel so bad for her.

"Dad," she stands up and she runs to me. I hug her tightly and don't ever want to let go. Even though she's sixteen, I like to think that she still needs Chloe and I to help her out sometimes.

"Let me help you," I say and she sits down on her floor with the book open on the first page.

I start reading the book to her and we both laugh at the joke in the book. I haven't seen Hazel look this happy in months, maybe we need to read to her more often.

Chloe's POV

I open the door to Hazel's room and see Joe reading to her; they both laugh at a funny part of the story and I watch and smile at them. Maybe things are finally going to get better.

So is Hazel going to be happy from now on? You'll have to wait and see ;) please vote and comment if you enjoyed!