Chapter 3

All the applicants who got to the end were now exhausted and catching their breaths.

There was a small incident with the examiner but that was all cleared up.

Now you were running through the swamp. You watched as the number of applicants died down.

~Time skip~

As you were running you felt a familiar, disturbing presence. It was Hisoka.

He was surrounded by men, who had tags on so you knew they were applicants. In a flash, they were all lying on the ground, dead.

In the distance you saw Kurapika and Leorio so you knew they might get caught. That's when Hisoka turned around. He looked as if he didn't spot you but you knew he knew you were there because the whole time you were there he had that creepy smirk of his.

For a while you couldn't understand what was happening. Was Hisoka speaking to them? You couldn't tell since his back was facing you.

Then what happened surprised you. It was smart. Kurapika and Leorio ran in opposite directions.

After a while Leorio came back. "What the hell is he doing?!"

You couldn't make out the words Leorio said but then he tried to attack him and Hisoka disappeared. Leorio looked confused but then Hisoka was about to attack until a fishing rod came and hit him. It looked painful but didn't affect Hisoka.

He turned around, obviously amused, to see Gon. Leorio tried to help Gon by hitting Hisoka but that didn't work as he hit him unconscious.

He approached Gon.

You watched as Gon kept attacking and Hisoka kept defending by disappearing.

He got a hold of Gon's neck and strangled him. That's when you got mad and came out of hiding. You knew this would be a risk of your reputation since Hisoka knew your past, but he wouldn't reveal it right? Besides, you could knock him out before he said anything.

"Well, well, she finally appears." Said Hisoka with a smile on his face.

"Shut up! Let go of Gon! Now!" You said back with a tone of anger in your voice.

"My, my! Aren't you persistent!" He still wouldn't let go of Gon. "Are you sure you want me to let go of him? I could just tell them your past."

You gave him a death glare.

"Fine! I guess they'll find out soon enough."

He let go of Gon.

~Time skip~

You were now walking back with Kurapika and Gon.

Kurapika joined you after what just happened.

"(Y/n). If you don't mind my asking. What was Hisoka talking about back there? Do you know him?" Kurapika questioned you.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot tell you." You replied.

"Aww. Why not?" Gon asked sadly.

"Now's not the time. I'll tell you when I can."

"Oh! I forgot to say. Thanks (Y/n), for helping me back there."

"No problem!" You blushed.

"Huh? What is this feeling? I feel... warm. Is this what it feels like to have friends? I like it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived at the exam's second phase and waited for it to start.

When it started the doors began to open.

Inside were tables everywhere and at the back were two examiners.

"Welcome to the exam's second phase!" Said the woman "My name is Menchi."

"And I'm Buhara." Said the man.

"For the second phase you will be..." Everyone waited for her response "cooking!"

People around us looked angry and confused.

"Why do we have to cook?" Someone asked.

"Because we are gourmet hunters!"

People started to laugh.

"The required ingredient is pork." Buhara said.

"The second phase begins... Now!"

Everyone started to run into the forest.

When you got into the forest people started to look around in the same area. You decided to look somewhere with less people so you went with Gon, Killua, Kurapika and Leorio.

Gon slid down a mountain whilst the others followed. Gon suddenly stopped and they bumped into each other. You silently chuckled and used your feet to slide down, not bumping into the others.

In front of you, you saw lots of pigs.

"Found them!" Gon said.

You and the others stared at the pigs, wide eyed since they were eating bones.

A pig spotted you and got mad.

You all ran away, frightened.

After a while, Gon found their weak spot, their foreheads.

You used your fist to punch a pig that was next to you, in the head and knocked it unconscious, probably dead.

You gave it another punch to make sure it was actually dead.

"H-Hey um (Y/n)? Want me to carry that for you?" asked Killua "I mean, it looks pretty heavy."

"What this?" You asked pointing at the pig "It's not heavy at all."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

You ran back to the site before he spoke to you anymore.

"What's wrong with me? Why did I stutter?" Killua thought.