Chapter 10

You made your way to another room with your head down. Gon and Kurapika were having a conversation by the window and you didn't want to interrupt so you tried to be quiet but Gon noticed you.

"Hey (Y/n)!"

"'Sup?" you said with no emotion.

"Are you ok?" Kurapika asked "You haven't talked much."

"I've just been thinking a lot"

"About what?" Gon questioned.

"I'd rather not talk about it... You know what, I could really go for a walk, you guys wanna come?"

"Sure."

"Ok."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were at the final phase site and were slightly excited because you were one step closer to becoming a hunter.

The final phase was a fight against all applicants and if anyone was disqualified then everyone passes except for the person who was disqualified.

First it was Gon against Hanzo. You cheered for Gon throughout the whole fight.

When he was knocked out and won you went to the room he was taken to since your fight wasn't until much later.

You sat next to Gon's bed and saw the nurses taking care of him.

When they were done you thought about how brave he was and admired that. You leaned in closer to him to get a better look and realized how cute he looked up close.

Unfortunately that wasn't a good idea. He grabbed your arm and hugged it in his sleep. You couldn't help but blush and struggled to get out of his grasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A bit of time had passed and Gon had let go of your arm but it was dead.

Someone came to tell you that the exam was over and you passed but who was disqualified?

~Time skip~

Gon woke up and was now being told what happened but you were both surprised when Satotz said that Killua was disqualified.

You and Gon went to the room where the other applicants were.

You sat next to Kurapika and listened to Gon and Illumi's conversation.

The atmosphere was very tense and everyone was shocked. It was obvious that Gon wanted to help Killua and so now you had another goal to achieve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked out of the exam's final phase site along with the other applicants.

You went over to Kurapika and had a talk.

"Hey" you said.

"Hi" Kurapika greeted back.

"Today was very... eventful."

"Uhuh"

"So how did your fight go?"

"Well I won... Listen there's something I need to tell you..."

"What is it?"

He grabbed your hands and took a deep breath. You blushed and didn't know what to do.

"I know it hasn't been that long since we met but I really l-like you and I-I find you really fun to be around... I have a c-crush on you..."

You were speechless. Why would he tell you this now? Do you like him back?

Gon listened to their conversation and felt his heart break.

"W-Will you be my g-girlfriend?" Kurapika asked.

The next thing you said made Gon break into tears.

"...Y-Yes"

Gon ran away and wiped up the tears to not cause any suspicion. He put on a normal face and acted like nothing happened when he came back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N)

Unfortunately for Gon he didn't listen to the rest of your conversation so maybe there is still hope for him...

You'll have to see in the next chapter.