Chapter 1

Percy's point of view

Hi I'm Percy Jackson, you may have heard of me as the two time savior of Olympus and survivor of Tartarus. Those are just a couple of my titles, but if we went over them all we would be here all night. Yes I said night, that is because I am currently sitting at a bar drowning my sorrows, trying to forget the pain.

You might ask what happened what made me stoop so low as to partake in Mr. D's domain, well the answer to that only requires one word, Annabeth. The love of my life the girl I fell in Tartarus for, dumped me. We dated for five years and then she decides that her work is more important and that she can't work and be with me. So she chose work and kicked me to the curb like I meant nothing to her. 

I couldn't believe her I loved her, she was everything to me. I fell into literal hell for her and that's how she repays me!  Apparently she couldn't let me down easy either, she had to just get it over with by bringing it up at the start of our conversation.  So because of this I am currently sitting in a bar, drinking for the first time, so due to this I barely noticed when a blond woman sat down to my right.

 "Why are you so upset?" she asked in a tone that sounded sympathetic. 

I told her, although due to my current state my words were slurred. After I had explained to her what had happened her face got even sadder, I assumed she just felt bad for me, perhaps she had been through something similar, although I found that hard to believe considering how beautiful she was. Okay, where did that thought come from? I guess I'm just drunk. I barely heard her when she said, "I never wished for this to happen, you have always been one of my favourites Perseus. You have been ever since your father claimed you." 

Drunk and absorbed in my own thoughts I didn't register what she had just said.  She seemed to think for a minute, before saying, "I wish to help you Perseus, I will give you love."

The next morning I woke up with a horrible hangover, my head was pounding, and I couldn't remember much of last night beyond a certain point. I didn't do much that day since because of the hangover I spent most of it in bed.  Once I got over the hangover I swore to myself that I wouldn't drink again, or if I did drink it would definitely be in moderation.

In the days following that day, I decided that I wouldn't be going back to camp, so I tried to find work in the city. Once I got enough money I might even get an apartment in the city, I didn't want to be a burden on my Mom and Paul for much longer. Even though they were fine with me staying with them I figured that it would still be a good idea.

  I eventually got a part-time job, and I also started volunteering at a marine animal rescue shelter. The months passed without much going on, I was attacked by Monsters a few times, but that's nothing new.  Much to my surprise nobody from camp came looking for me, but I wasn't complaining.  Three days after Annabeth dumped me my dad came to see me, I guess he had heard what happened.

"How Are you doing?" He asked. 

"I'm fine." I lied. I'm pretty sure he knew I was lying.

 He said, "No you're not. Dionysus told me that you went and got drunk the other night."

  I didn't say anything. There wasn't any point in denying it.

We were both silent until he said, "Ugh when I get my hands on that Athena spawn..." 

I interrupted his comment and said, " Dad you'll probably think I'm crazy, but don't kill her. She doesn't deserve to die for that, couples break up every day leave her alone."  

 He seemed stunned by my words,  and he was silent until he said, "but..."  

I said, "No buts swear it on the Styx."  I looked him right in the eyes. eventually, he sighed and did as I asked.