Chapter 10

Percy's point of view

My little girl is eight now, a while ago we tried putting her in different sports to see if she would like any of them. After trying a few she took a liking to gymnastics. I am beginning to get a suspicion about who her mother might be. I suspect her mother might be Aphrodite,She seems like the most likely goddess to meet someone at a bar. I won't know for sure until Silena is claimed, though.

Silena's personality and interests are what led me to those suspicions. Considering the fact that Silena has a girly side. She likes dressing up sometimes, but not all the time, she also enjoys playing outside. Silena seemed to really enjoy gymnastics, so she has continued with it. In fact, later today she has a practice. Obviously, she's still pretty young and still learning so she isn't competing just yet.

I'm guessing that even though it may not seem like it at first glance what she is learning in gymnastics may help her when she is older and monsters start coming after her. As much as I don't like it I know that they will eventually come for her since she is a demigod after all, and monsters never leave us alone. That is quite annoying, but there isn't anything I can do about it other than killing the monsters when they come for me and hope they don't come back for a while.

Silena had let the idea of getting a cat go, but more recently other questions have come up. One of those was whether or not she could have a cell phone. I made it pretty clear that the answer to that question was no. for starters she didn't really need one since she didn't have anyone that she would need to call or text. Secondly, most demigods don't have cell phones since they attract monsters. I never even got one even though I'm living in the mortal world and one would be helpful.

After I told her a firm no, she went to my mom and paul hoping they would get her one, but they also refused since they knew the same things as I did, they also knew that having a cell phone makes it easier for monsters to track demigods. I think she had pretty much given up on that idea since we had made it pretty clear that she wasn't getting one.

She had also asked to get her ears pierced, that I might allow in the future, but I think it will have to wait until she's a little older. She had also asked about her mother again, but I had once again told her what I could at the moment, and dodged the questions that I couldn't answer yet. I will tell her when she is old enough to know more, but it isn't exactly appropriate to tell an eight-year-old that she was born as a result of a drunken one-night stand.

They say everything heals with time, but whoever originally said that hadn't had their heart broken. even though it's been a little over eight years since Annabeth left me and broke my heart I still feel the effects of that heartbreak every day and I haven't really allowed myself to get close to anyone that isn't family or the friends I'd contacted at camp. I'd only let a few new people into my life, and I had never really gotten close to them.

I built walls around my heart and refused to let them down for anyone. I knew that I shouldn't still be upset, it had been several years since the breakup and I couldn't pull myself out of my misery. No matter what my mom, Paul, my dad, and my friends tried to do nothing worked, I continued to suffer through the endless pain wondering if I would ever get free of it.

Silena's Point of view

I know that my daddy really cares about me, but as I have grown older I can tell that he isn't completely happy. For as long as I can remember something has been bothering him. I don't know what it is, though, he's never told me. He tries to hide it but I can see it.

He has never told me much about my mother, he promised to tell me more when I'm older, but I can't help but wonder how long I will have to wait to find out. Sometimes it seems like that is his favourite phrase. When you're older, I guess I'll have to just wait until he decides that I'm old enough to know.

Whether my dad realizes it or not I have occasionally overheard him when he is talking to Nico, Thalia, Grover, or my grandparents, I can't help but wonder what it all meant I'd heard him mention friends of his that I didn't know, and he'd said something about a camp. I wondered if he would ever tell me about what that all meant, I couldn't exactly ask him or he'd know I'd overheard him.

I like a lot of different things, I've enjoyed swimming for a long time now, and more recently I have also taken a liking to gymnastics. School could be worse, my grandpa Paul helps me since I have ADHD and dyslexia. Apparently, my dad had them as well, and that was one reason why he couldn't help me.

Between school and gymnastics, I have made a few friends, and I spend time with them when I can, but I am also quite happy to stay at home or spend time with my grandparents. Well except for when grandpa paul is trying to help me with my schoolwork.

My grandma is an amazing cook, she makes the best cookies, my dad has tried to make some of her recipes himself, but his never turn out quite as well as hers, sometimes she lets me help her bake, but most of the time I just enjoy the results.

That afternoon my daddy took me to gymnastics, he stayed and watched. Even though it was just a practice Grandma Sally and Grandpa Paul watched me as well. I'm pretty sure they know what is bothering my dad, but I doubted they would tell me if I asked. They'd probably either tell me that my dad would tell me when I'm older, or that it wasn't their story to tell and I would have to wait for my dad to tell me.

Due to this, I didn't see any point in asking them about it either. Hopefully, someday I will learn the answers to all these questions, but I guess I will have to wait a while longer.