Chapter 38

A/N I know this took a while, I will try and update again soon, but I still have my other stories to work on as well.

Percy's point of view.

I did tell Annabeth about Silena's theory about what might be bothering Luke, and Annabeth said she would look into it since she was just as worried about Luke as I was. Hopefully, the school would do something if there had been something going on at Luke's school that was bothering him. I didn't know what else it could be since Luke had seemed a little better when he was at camp. Annabeth did go to Luke's school to try and get them to do something, but We would only know if anything had changed once the new school year got underway.

Luke and Silena returned to school although Neither one of them were super thrilled about that. I knew that the person Annabeth had contacted at Luke's School had claimed that they were unaware of anything bad happening to Luke, but they also said they would try and find out what was going on.

I wasn't sure if they just said that last part to satisfy Annabeth or If they were actually going to do something. If the school didn't stop what was going on, it might be best for Luke to go to a different school. I also knew that if I stepped in they might actually make an effort to do something, and if not I might have to take matters into my own hands rather than leaving it to the school to do something. Whatever happens, we would try and help Luke and hopefully get him back to his old self eventually. Based on how upset he seemed to be, I knew it would probably take a while for Luke to get back to normal but hopefully, he would eventually.

As the first weeks of the new school year went by nothing really seemed to change, and Luke didn't seem to get any better if anything he was getting worse, and as you would expect Annabeth and I were extremely worried about him. He had become quiet, too quiet, and according to Annabeth most of the music he listened to nowadays was depressing.

We were honestly worried about him since we were starting to think that maybe he'd gone from just being upset to depression. I certainly hoped not, but we just weren't sure. I knew how I'd felt after Annabeth first dumped me and in those first few months there were moments when I thought it might just be easiest to end it all but I never tried to follow through on those thoughts, and After Zephyrus showed up with Silena she'd given me a reason to keep going on with my life.

Now I was just hoping that Luke wasn't having similar thoughts since he wouldn't open up to us and I certainly didn't want to lose him especially since I hadn't even known he existed until he was twelve. We have gotten pretty close since then and try to see each other often, but he still refused to tell me what was going on so I honestly didn't know what I should do. I wanted to help him but I didn't know how since I didn't want to resort to desperate measures just yet.

Silena was going to school as well, but I knew that she quite often iris messaged her boyfriend, and sometimes wanted to visit camp on the weekend. I was still getting used to the fact that she had a boyfriend but I hadn't done anything to try and separate them and I was hoping that their relationship wouldn't end badly. I wouldn't be too surprised if Silena's boyfriend leaves camp sometimes to come see her. So far he seemed like he was a decent guy but I knew that might not last.

Due to how close we are I was still spending a lot of time with Aphrodite in the evenings, but I still hadn't mentioned the idea I had about how to find out what's bothering Luke, after all, I didn't want to resort to that unless I absolutely had to. I knew that if we didn't find out what was wrong soon though, I might just give in and resort to my desperate plan, if Aphrodite agreed of course, but I figured she probably would, she might try to talk me out of it but I think if I refused to do that she might give in.