Chapter 9

Okay, guys, I made a pretty big time jump for this chapter, but I ran out of ideas of what to write when Silena is a toddler.

Percy's Point of view

I can't believe that Silena is six now, it doesn't seem that long ago that she was just a baby. At the moment she's trying to learn how to ride a bike without training wheels, she had gotten the hang of it with them, but she hadn't tried it without them yet. While she stood there with her bike I stood nearby watching her. I said, "You can do it, give it a try."

After that encouragement, she got on her bike, but she hesitated and didn't try to pedal it. I had learned how to ride a bike growing up, but in the end, I hadn't really done it much. Now Silena was learning how. If she decided she liked it once she learned how I could get one myself and we could go more often.

I gave her more encouragement, and she finally started to pedal her bike. It took a few attempts, but she eventually got the hang of it. it's hard to believe that she's in school now, so far it seems that her ADHD and dyslexia aren't quite as bad as mine, that makes school a bit easier for her, but not that much.

I'm starting to get the feeling based on her looks that I'll be chasing away a lot of boys when she's older. It seems as though she isn't a complete girly girl, she does have a tomboyish side. She does like to dress up sometimes but she's not crazy about it. I've been thinking about entering her in different sports, when and if she finds one she likes she can continue to play it.

We already know that she enjoys swimming, that has become quite obvious during our annual trips to Montauk. I always avoid using my powers since she would most likely ask questions if I did. I've been teaching her to swim normally like anyone else would since I still don't know if she inherited any of my powers.

My life has been pretty good the last few years, it has been kind of normal with interruptions from monsters every so often but I didn't expect them to leave me alone. I am still in contact with Thalia, Nico, and Grover, as well as my dad. Grover, Thalia, and Nico visit when they can.

Tyson has visited a few times as well, and I made sure he didn't crush Silena in one of his hugs, I'm pretty sure the mist obscured his one eye from Silena since she didn't say anything about it thank the gods. I still kind of miss some of my other friends that I hadn't contacted, I sometimes miss Chiron as well, but I'm not ready to return to camp yet.

Something rather unexpected happened a few weeks ago, Silena asked me a question that I hadn't really been expecting to hear. One day she asked me, "Daddy, can we get a kitten?"

Somewhat surprised by her question I answered, "Sorry sweetheart the landlord doesn't allow pets."

She said, "We could move."

I replied, "We're not moving just so we can get a cat."

Even if the apartment did allow pets, I'm more of a dog person, but I didn't tell her that.

I couldn't help but wonder why she suddenly wanted a cat, she had never mentioned it before.

I asked why she wanted one since I wondered how she had gotten the idea in her head. She told me that one of the other girls at her school had been talking about how she had gotten a cat, and that's how Silena had suddenly decided she wanted one. I tried to tell her no as nicely as I could manage.

Surprisingly she has always been a pretty good kid, she doesn't usually throw tantrums unless she really wants something. There was one occasion when she threw one when we wouldn't let her have any more of my mom's cookies, saying she had already eaten enough. I almost couldn't blame her for that one, mom is an amazing cook.

I'm not sure if she had accepted that we weren't getting a cat, if she hadn't I would have to tell her again the next time she brings it up. I've actually tried to learn how to make some of my mom's recipes, but mine are never quite as good as hers.

Part of me wants to contact Chiron, but I don't want to return to camp, and depending on when I might Iris Message him, he could be around the campers , and I don't want them to know yet. I'll wait, I'll surprise him when I return with Silena. After all, he won't be expecting me to return.

The gods made sure that he and the campers knew I wasn't dead, but beyond that Chiron doesn't know anything that has happened to me since I left camp, but he was told enough so he wouldn't send search parties looking for me. I think he knows that I'm living in the city, but was told not to search for me.

A few days later, Sally's Point of view

Today Silena has the day off school, but Percy still had to work. Paul is also gone because even though the students had the day off the teachers didn't. Silena is here with me until Percy gets off work.

Silena walked over to me, she was watching TV, but when I glanced at the television I realized that the show she was watching was over, and she didn't watch the show that was coming on next.

She asked me, "Grandma can we make cookies?"

Smiling at my granddaughter I agreed and began getting the ingredients out of the cupboard. I got out a mixing bowl, measuring spoons, a measuring cup, and a baking sheet. I preheated the oven, and then we began making the cookies. I cracked the eggs and added some of the other ingredients. I allowed Silena to add some of the ingredients as well. After the dough was mixed I put the cookies on the baking sheet and put it in the oven. As we waited for the cookies to bake Silena got some paper and crayons and began drawing. When they were done I took the cookies out of the oven and set them on a rack to cool.

Turning toward Silena I told her, "Now they're still hot, wait a few minutes before you take one."

Ever since Silena arrived I could tell that Percy was much happier, than he was before. After I helped him out he has done a good job taking care of Silena, and it's obvious how much he cares about her, as it should be.

I always know when he has been in a fight since he usually still has monster dust on him, and on rare occasions, he might be injured. I know that Percy is still upset over Annabeth and that he isn't ready to return to camp half blood. If he didn't have Silena I would worry about him harming himself, but now that he has Silena to think about I know he would never do that.

AN/ guys imagine Percy's face if she had asked for a guinea pig instead of a cat. I laughed so hard when I thought of that.