Chapter 37

Silena's Point of view.

As the summer continued I still spent time with my friends, Luke, my dad and Ezra, for now, my dad didn't know about Ezra and me but he would probably find out sooner or later and I hoped he wouldn't freak out about it. I don't know what exactly he'd do when he did find out but I hoped that he would accept the fact that I wanted to be with Ezra.

I knew that he seemed like a great guy, and as we continued spending time together we were getting closer. One day we sat just talking but we both sat rather close together and his arm was wrapped around me. We weren't exactly trying to hide how we felt so I was kind of surprised that my dad hadn't found out already but somehow he hadn't and I wasn't really complaining either.

That evening after the campfire Ezra and I didn't go our separate ways until we reached the cabins. I'd already seen my dad go into the Poseidon cabin with Luke and Michael, and just before I was going to go to my mom's cabin Ezra kissed me, it was just a quick peck but still, I hadn't been expecting it. Although I was slightly surprised I found myself wanting to close the distance between us once again.

I did just that and the second kiss lasted a little longer than the first. Before too long though we stopped since it wouldn't be long before the harpies were out, not to mention that our half-siblings would probably wonder what we were up to, well mine would probably figure it out quickly enough but Ezra's probably wouldn't be so quick to figure it out.

After I went into my mom's cabin I saw knowing looks appearing on most of my half sibling's faces, well the ones that bothered to look at me anyway, some of them were already lying in bed although they probably weren't asleep yet. I'm kind of surprised that no-one told my dad about me and Ezra, it's not like no-one had seen us together so I kind of thought that someone might have said something by now since it had been a while since I'd first realized I had feelings for Ezra. I was pretty sure that at least one child of Hermes had seen us so I thought that one of them might have said something if they realised how protective he was of me. clearly, no-one had since my dad hadn't said anything to me or Ezra.

Percy's Point of view

I was with Aphrodite, it wasn't the weekend so we were in my apartment, We ended up having a discussion that I hadn't expected, it started when Aphrodite said, "You know I think you're a little too protective of Silena,"

Sighing I replied, "Yeah I know but I can't really help it. I don't want her to go through what I went through so I don't know what else to do,"

Aphrodite seemed to understand but she still suggested that I trust Silena more, and reminded me that I can't control what happens to her so whether I liked it or not she would go through some tough times and there would be no way I could stop it. In my head, Silena was still the sweet little girl that played with Barbie dolls and watched cartoons, but in reality, I knew that those days were long gone and that she was a teenager who for the most part could take care of herself and would not want to be sheltered.

Unfortunately, I also knew that sooner or later she would meet someone that she would come to like in a romantic way, and trying to force them apart wouldn't do any good since that would probably just make them want to see each other more. If nothing else they would probably just ignore me. As Aphrodite and I spoke it seemed like she knew something that I didn't. although I wondered about it I didn't ask her, if it was important she might tell me, and if not I might still find out anyway.

I knew I would certainly be far from thrilled if I found out that Silena was dating someone but I knew I couldn't do much to stop her if she was. I knew how Annabeth and I had been even though both our parents hadn't approved. Aphrodite Pointed most of that out to me and I reluctantly admitted that she was probably right. After all, she is the love goddess so she should know a lot about it since it's her domain.