Chapter 42

Percy's point of view

These days not much has changed, and although Aphrodite is still with me I just can't quite shake my worries about whether that will last. One reason for that is probably the fact that she's gorgeous and could easily find someone else if she wanted to. So far it seems like she's still happy with me so I've been trying to hide my worries from her I wouldn't be too surprised if she finds out though since it seems like she knows me too well to overlook when I'm worried about something.

It was September now and Luke and Silena had once again returned to school, things were pretty normal other than my paranoia about possibly losing Aphrodite. I've tried to put that behind me and stop worrying but I just can't seem to do it. Tonight I will probably see her again since we are supposed to be going out tonight. I went to work as usual and the day was honestly pretty normal, at least it was by my standards anyway.

In the evening I waited for Aphrodite to arrive while Silena was supposed to be doing homework. When Aphrodite eventually arrived things didn't exactly go how we'd planned. It was obvious that when she arrived Aphrodite seemed to quickly become concerned. It seemed like she momentarily forgot what we had planned and quickly came toward me.

I wasn't an idiot I guessed that she probably noticed that I seemed a bit worried. I had been trying to hide my worry but I should have known that she knew me well enough to see it easily, "What's wrong?" she asked.

Since I knew it was probably kind of stupid of me to be so worried I didn't want to admit why I was worried. Despite that, I didn't really want to lie to her either. I also guessed that even if I did lie she'd probably be able to tell that I was. Due to that I reluctantly admitted why I was kind of worried. As I explained I was a bit concerned that I would upset her, or anger her, but she seemed to take it pretty well despite learning that more recently I'd begun to wonder if our relationship could really last.

It's not that I didn't trust her I knew she was different than what everyone else sees her as, but since I knew from experience that not all relationships work out I was kind of worried that she'd leave me, well that and I'd recently noticed that my age was beginning to show. Although I really didn't want to admit it I was getting older, on top of that, she's beautiful and that wasn't going to change since she's an immortal goddess. Now that she knew the reason for how I was feeling she tried to reassure me that she wasn't going anywhere. She said, "Percy I love you, I'm not going to leave you. You're the only person I want to be with. There's nothing wrong with how you look, you don't need to worry,"

Somewhat reassured I would try and put my worries aside but I knew I probably wouldn't be able to do it right away. Shoving my worries aside for the moment I said, "I think we had a date planned didn't we,"

Aphrodite smiled before we left to carry out the plans we'd made. After our date, we returned to my apartment and spent that night together. For now, it seemed Aphrodite wasn't going to leave me, but only time would reveal if that was going to last. The next morning I woke up, Aphrodite still by my side. We kissed one last time before Aphrodite left since I had to go to work, not to mention that Silena had to go to school and since she's not exactly a morning person so I have to make sure she's ready on time.

I know you're probably thinking that I was never a morning person either, but that had kind of changed since I had to get up early to be ready for work on time. Sure any day that I can sleep in I certainly would, but I'd gotten used to getting up early rather than wanting to sleep in.

Things at work are much the same as always, some days are better than others since there are days when there isn't as much going on. Although it means I'm not as busy that's certainly good for everyone in Manhattan since it means that not as many people are getting hurt.

Two years Later still Percy's POV

It's hard to believe that Silena is sixteen now, and like most teens her age, she was eager to learn how to drive. Now that she was learning though I could tell she was nervous. I guess I couldn't blame her and I was trying to be encouraging so she wouldn't be so nervous. It's times like this that I can't help but think of how fast she's growing up and remember the sweet little girl she was when she was younger.

"Careful," I said as Silena was about to try and park the car. Had it been hard for me to let her behind the wheel? Yeah, kind of but I could tell she was eager to learn, and she was old enough so I knew that it was probably best for me to let her learn. She was doing pretty well, all things considered, although her nerves sometimes led to her making mistakes. Thankfully though that hadn't led to any accidents and I certainly hoped it wouldn't since I didn't want her to get hurt or possibly hurt someone else.

Hopefully, with a bit more time and experience, she would get over her nerves so she would be less likely to make a mistake or possibly get hurt.

She succeeded at parking the car, although since she was still learning it obviously took her longer than it would have taken me to do it. I was proud of her she has done pretty well in school despite her ADHD and dyslexia, she's made quite a few friends both at her school and at camp, and she has also done rather well in her training at camp.

Much like her Luke also seems to be doing well. As he recovered from the depression the bullying had caused his grades had started to go back up so now he was also once again doing well in school and seemed to be much like his old self. I was obviously happy to see that since when he was depressed I'd been extremely worried about him. Things are pretty good these days, Aphrodite is still with me, so I guess it had probably been stupid of me to worry about her possibly leaving me. for now, we're happy but we obviously couldn't know what would happen in the future. 

Maybe things will stay like this for a while or the fates might come up with some new challenge for us. Only they know what might happen in the future but I certainly hoped that they'd just let things stay the way they are, at least for a while longer since I didn't want anyone in my family to get hurt. Unfortunately though, it seemed the fates still had a few surprises in store for us although we did have a little time left before we would find that out.

A/N I have a question for you guys, I've been thinking about what to do in future chapters of this story, and there is something I've considered but I can't decide what to do. Since I can't decide I will let you all tell me what you'd rather see. I think I know what at least some of you will say but here's the question anyway. what would you rather see happen in Silena's love life, I've considered having her and her boyfriend break up but still stay on pretty good terms. obviously, after that, I would eventually put her with someone else but I also haven't decided whether that person would be a guy or another girl.  I could also just leave her love life as it is and have her stay with Ezra for the duration of this story.  Let me know what you guys would rather see in this story.