Chapter 31

Percy's point of view

The day went by pretty normally, I taught sword classes as usual and partway through the afternoon I talked to Silena for a while. She is picking everything up fairly quickly, so if she decides to go back to school in the fall I can at least be a bit less worried about her. Obviously, I will still worry about her, she's my daughter what would you expect? But at least I'll know that she isn't completely helpless when facing a monster.

I figured I'd take luke to see my mom tomorrow, I knew they were both interested in meeting so as long as I had the time I would do it then. Silena had mentioned that she wanted to come with us since she missed her grandmother and wanted to see her again. I couldn't really blame her since I always used to miss mom when I was at camp. I knew Silena was close to my mom and Paul so it was understandable that Silena would miss them.

I hadn't seen Aphrodite since this morning but I was okay with that, sure it would be nice to see her but I would be fine if she didn't come back tonight. I was on my way back to my dad's cabin after the campfire when somewhat to my surprise Aphrodite Appeared not far away from me. I walked over to her and the other campers kept on going not noticing where I had gone or the goddess that had just appeared out of nowhere.

"Why don't we go somewhere more private," Aphrodite suggested.

I agreed considering that we couldn't very well stay in my dad's cabin together Michael and Luke were there, and even if they weren't the beds weren't really that big, not to mention that dad might be able to sense us there. Aphrodite transported us to her palace on Olympus, While most people might think that everything in her palace would be bright pink or other colours that are commonly associated with love, sure there were some of those colours but not everything was those colours. The walls and most of the furniture were white, and while white is often associated with love it wasn't as bright and girly as bright pink or bright red would have been. The palace also included gold basically the place went against practically every assumption someone would make about what Aphrodite's palace would probably look like.

While I was still looking around Aphrodite's attention suddenly left me and focused on what I assumed was the front door, She said, "I should have known this might Happen," before walking towards it. I was slightly confused about what was going on but as soon as she opened the door I came up with a pretty good guess, She had admitted to me that Ares was still trying to get her to take him back even though she had no intention of doing so.

Due to that, I guessed what was probably happening. I guessed that Ares was probably there and I kind of hoped Aphrodite would be able to get him to leave without him finding out about me. I was sure I could probably handle him if I had to but I would rather not have to. I stayed back preferring not to get involved unless I had too, I could hear Aphrodite trying to tell Ares that she wasn't taking him back since he hadn't really loved her.

Based on what I overheard it sounded like he hadn't cared about her as a person, all he saw was her beauty and not the woman that was underneath. It sounded like to him their relationship had just been little more than meaningless sex and that wasn't what Aphrodite had wanted. Unfortunately, while he was arguing with Aphrodite Ares figured out that she wasn't alone, and he figured out that I was there.

Once he realized that He seemed to get more annoyed and I figured that it was partially because he has never been that fond of me, to begin with, and now Aphrodite chose me over him so I didn't think that would make him suddenly like me. Finally, Aphrodite managed to get him to leave even though he was still rather annoyed because of me.

Once he was gone Aphrodite and I spent the rest of that night together but I knew I would have to return to camp in the morning so I could teach the sword classes and Take Luke and Silena to see my mom and Paul. Not to mention that I would have to get back early enough that no-one would suspect where I was. I knew it would only be a matter of weeks before camp was over for the summer, and Luke and Silena would have to decide whether they were going to stay at camp or go home.