Epilogue

Percy's Point of View

It had been a few months since Aphrodite and I had gotten married. and a lot has happened since then. For starters not long after we returned from our honeymoon we found out Aphrodite was pregnant. Honestly I was happy about it. I was kind of looking forward to being a father again, although I knew our child would most likely be a minor god or goddess so it would grow up more quickly than a normal child.

Of course I would never forget about Silena and Luke, my first two children. I would continue to visit them, and Iris message them. I was also hoping that to figure out a reason to make them immortal, that wasn't just the fact that I didn't want to lose them. Of course even if I did find a way I wasn't sure if they would want to become immortal and I wasn't going to force them to do it.

Right now they seem to be happy with their lives. Silena is in college, and is currently dating one of her female classmates. Luke is training to become a police officer, but I don't think he is dating anyone right now. I also still sometimes visit my mom and Paul. They seem happy for me and I think mom was just happy to be sure that I would outlive her now. Of course I knew I would eventually lose her and Paul, and that sometimes bothers me. I know it probably would have happened regardless of whether I accepted immortality or not. I know I will be extremely upset when it does eventually happen, and so will Luke and Silena. I just hoped it wouldn't happen too soon for all our sakes. Unfortunately they are in their sixties now so it will probably happen sooner than I'd like. Their health is still good though so maybe not. I just didn't know and I would only find out when it eventually happens.

Right now I am with Aphrodite in our palace. We hadn't been going out as much lately, since our baby is due any day now. I sat by Aphrodite's side and kissed her softly. I knew I was happy with her and I couldn't imagine being with someone else. l love her so much that I'm not sure how to describe it. We sat there for a while, talking and occasionally kissing. Eventually our peace was interrupted though as Aphrodite's expression changed to a grimace and her hand quickly moved to her stomach. I suspected the reason for that but Aphrodite quickly confirmed it. "The baby is coming," she quickly managed to say through her pain.

I nodded and hurried off to find the nymph who was supposed to act as a midwife for her. Once I found her we hurried back to the palace where Aphrodite was waiting for us. I stayed by Aphrodite's side as she gave birth to our second child. It took a while before I finally heard our newborn son's first cries. Soon afterward the nymph swaddled him in a blanket before passing him to Aphrodite.

That was when I finally got a better view of him. He seemed like he would have my black hair, but his eyes were clearly Aphrodites since his eyes seemed to change colours randomly. There were two colours that his eyes seemed to shift to most often though, and those were, a shade of green identical to my own, and the shade of blue that Aphrodtie's eyes always appeared to be to me.

When we had been discussing possible names we had mainly considered ancient greek names since our baby would probably eventually be a minor god. So we thought a Greek name would be more appropriate than a more modern one. We had discussed girl's and boys' names since we didn't know which one our baby would be, but now we would obviously need the boy's name.

Aphrodite was smiling down at our son who she was still holding in her arms. I gently brushed some hairs off her face; they were sticking there due to the sweat that beaded her forehead. she looked tired, but that was understandable considering what she'd just finished doing moments before. "Do you still like the name we chose?" I asked her.

"Yes, do you?"

"Yes," I agreed.

So that settled that, We had decided to call him Cadmus. We knew the first guy with that name had ended up getting turned into a snake, but before that had happened he seemed to be a decent guy compared to most other guys from that time. Not only that but I doubted our son would have such bad luck considering that he would probably be a minor god when he is older. He would just have to receive a domain, or maybe more than one. We would find out for sure eventually.

Aphrodite passed him to me so I could hold him and she laid down so she could get some rest. I'm sure she needed it and I could take care of our son while she rested.

A few days after that my father came for a visit. Now that I am a god I liked being able to see him more often, but I still spend most of my time on Olympus with Aphrodite. I knew this visit was mainly so he could see Cadmus. although I really didn't mind. The next day Aphrodte and I went and visited my mom and Paul and of course we took Cadmus with us so they could see him. Although I couldn't visit my mom and Paul as much as I'd like I still wanted them to know all their grandchildren.

For a while most of my time with Aphrodite was spent taking care of our son. although we also still had to take care of our godly duties, and of course I visited Silena and Luke as much as I could. I also sometimes visited my friends at the two demigod camps. Most of them were also married and some of them also had kids so they were all busy with their own lives.

I was pretty sure that Annabeth still wasn't dating anyone, not that that really mattered to me. I rarely see her anymore since we never really became friends again after everything that had happened. Of course we had always tried to be civil for Luke's sake but I never really forgave her for not telling me about him sooner.

Aphrodite and I were in our palace, and Cadmus was playing in a different room. He had grown a lot during the past few months, and he had certainly kept us busy. I didn't really mind much though, I loved him and I was happy to have him. I had to admit though I was happy that Aphrodite and I could have this moment alone. Especially since I had been busy the past few days helping Demigods get to either Camp, The wolf House, or the Hunters. Yes Artemis trusts me enough that I can get near them without getting arrows shot at me.

Aphrodite asked me, "comment vas-tu mon amour?"

"je vais bien mon amour,"

I wasn't too surprised when she spoke in french since she occasionally does that so I won't forget what she has already taught me, and she is still teaching me even more of the language.

It has been difficult but I am getting it slowly.

I kissed her softly and slowly, savouring the moment for as long as I could.

I love her so much, I couldn't even imagine being with someone else. I wasn't sure what would happen in our future, but  I was so happy I could spend the rest of it with her. 

A/N Well that was the final part of this story, It's kind of hard to believe since I have been writing this story for so long but it is and I hope you enjoyed it. I don't plan on writing a sequel, I always planned for this story to be a mostly happy one with no war or anything so Percy could finally live a somewhat normal life in peace and then eventually marry Aphrodite.