Chapter 45

A/N I'm sorry to say that this story is almost done It will probably only have one more chapter, or one more and an epilogue at most. I also won't be writing a sequel. 

Percy's Point of view 

It was almost hard to believe that both of my children would be graduating only a few days from now. It's not that I didn't believe they would, it's just that time seems to go by so fast, and it didn't seem that long ago that Silena hadn't even started high school yet, and I didn't know about Luke. Well that and both of them found school difficult, although Luke seemed to find it easier than Silena did.

I was extremely proud of both of them and although Silena hadn't decided what she would do now that she was graduating, I'd learned that Luke had already decided what he wanted to do. Although I wasn't exactly thrilled when I found out what he had in mind I hadn't tried to talk him out of it either. I did talk to him about it though if only to make sure that he knew what he would be getting himself into.

Luke and Silena had already been to their proms and I think they'd enjoyed themselves. Although Silena wasn't dating anyone that I knew of, she had gone to her prom with a guy from her school, I didn't think they were a couple, not yet anyway. I knew that Luke had gone to his with one of his friends.

The day of Silena's graduation was when I once again had to acknowledge just how much Silena had grown up. With some help from my mom and Paul I'd raised her, and now she'd become a kind, smart, brave, and beautiful young woman.

When it came to her appearance I knew she had gotten most of her looks from Aphrodite but still she had gotten her hair and eye colour from me. Of course, her looks meant that she got a lot of attention, but I think she'd been doing her best to ignore that ever since she had broken up with her boyfriend last summer. I'd been surprised when I found out that she'd broken up with him, and once I found out why she'd done it I was also kind of annoyed at the kid because he clearly hurt her.

I had to admit though that I could kind of sympathize with the kid since I'd had a difficult life and even now it is kind of hard for me to trust new people and because of everything that happened to me during my life I had occasionally found it hard to fully trust Aphrodite. I don't doubt her anymore, but there had been times when I did and I shouldn't have.

A few years later still Percy's Pov

A lot has changed during the past few years, I'm pretty much on my own now with the exception of frequent visits from Aphrodite. Luke and Silena are in their early twenties now, Luke is out on his own and he's training to become a police officer, as for Silena, has also moved out and she's in college right now. Sometimes they come to visit, but I don't see them as much as I used to. Although Silena had been going to camp during the summer ever since I told her the truth about her parentage, not having her here with me still seemed kind of strange to me.

I had just been going on with my life occasionally visiting my mom and Paul. I still visit camp on the weekends and while I'm there I usually also spend time with my old friends. With the exception of occasional monster attacks, my life was pretty normal. What I didn't realize was that wasn't going to last very long and soon my life was going to change drammatically. A few more weeks passed without any change but that didn't last.

Poseidon's Point of view

We were in the middle of a council meeting, I had called it to discuss an idea I had come up with not too long ago. I had already told the others what my idea was and now they were all arguing about it. Eventually, Zeus shouted, "Silence!"

Everyone else quieted down so we could vote on my idea. My idea had to do with Percy, and I would go get him if everyone else agreed to it. I didn't know for sure if Percy would agree with my idea, but I thought he probably would.

When I found out about Percy's relationship with Aphrodite, I had been concerned that Aphrodite would hurt him since I didn't think she would stay faithful to him. She had clearly proven me wrong since they were still together now after so many years. That relationship was why I thought Percy would agree to what we'd been discussing.

The vote decided that we were going to offer Percy godhood again. Technically if he accepted he would just be a minor god, but at least I wouldn't have to eventually lose him. When we'd voted The only ones who had voted against offering Percy godhood were Ares and Dionysus. I was slightly surprised when Zeus agreed with it but I guess even he had to admit that Percy deserved it after everything he had done for us during the wars. After we'd decided I went to get him.

When I arrived at his apartment I knocked on his door, moments afterward he opened it.

"Dad!" he said in surprise, clearly not expecting to see me.

I smiled at him and said, "Percy, I'm here to take you to Olympus you are needed at a council meeting.

He was obviously surprised but he didn't argue and I took him to Olympus. Once we got there I returned to my throne before I started telling Percy why I'd brought him there. I said, "Percy, the reason why we needed you here is because we have decided to offer you godhood again, Will you accept this time?"

To say Percy was surprised would be an understatement, he clearly hadn't been expecting that news, but he didn't take long to make up his mind. Before he spoke his gaze shifted from me to Aphrodite who was looking at him with a hopeful expression much like I was. Percy was still looking at her when he said, "I would be honoured to accept your offer,"

Obviously, we were pleased that he'd accepted this time, although I suspect his main reason for doing so was Aphrodite. I also suspected that if I hadn't suggested we offer Percy immortality again, she probably would have done it instead. It was obvious to me now that she wanted to stay with him and based on the amount of time they'd stayed together already. It was clear she would remain loyal to him. It seemed that my granddaughter Silena had been the last demigod child she'd had and that made it clear that Percy had been the only man she'd been interested in for a while now.

I think that Aphrodite and I were both relieved when Percy accepted. I suspect that if he hadn't Zeus would have been furious and most likely would have tried to punish him somehow. Of course, I wouldn't have let him hurt Percy and I'm sure that at least a few of the other gods would have also defended him. Now that Percy had agreed we made him a god and the fates appeared to announce his domains.

None of them really surprised me except maybe one of them. What really surprised me was that the fates clearly had different plans from us since it turned out that he'd gotten several domains, more than any minor god had. That only meant one thing, he would be an Olympian, not just a minor god. Although I was obviously surprised by this it didn't bother me, I was proud of him and I had to admit that I was happy to finally have one of my children on the council. Zeus clearly wasn't thrilled by this, after all, until that day the council had only included our siblings and his children.

Percy's domains were the tides, heroes, swordsmanship, loyalty, and fatherhood. Because Percy joining the council left us with an uneven number of council members we let Hestia rejoin the council. We also decided that his sacred animal would be the Pegasus, and Hephaestus would alter his sword Riptide so it could be his symbol of power. He wouldn't have to be trained since as a god he would instinctively know how to use his powers.