Chapter Six

Maddie woke up to the sound of light snoring. Her head pounded as she sat up. To her left she saw Chloe passed out next to her. To her right she found aspirin and water.

She gulped down the pills then gently shook Chloe.

"Hmmm?" Chloe groaned with her eyes still closed.

"Dude, wake up," Maddie mumbled while rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"What, Maddie?" She said as she got up.

Maddie furrowed her eyebrows but didn't know what to say.

"Oh, my god," Chloe gasped as if she remembered something.

"What?"

"What the fuck happened last night?"

Maddie breathed in as realization hit her.

"W-what do you mean?"

"You went upstairs with Kalani," Chloe rolled her eyes. "Did you sleep with her?"

"What? No!" Maddie basically yelled.

"Don't lie to me, Maddie," she giggled. "You're wearing a sports bra and I can see hickeys."

Maddie looked down and quickly got up to find a shirt.

"Whatever," she blushed from embarrassment. "We didn't do anything like that."

"So, she didn't fuck you?"

Maddie face turned bright red at Chloe's language.

"No," she squeaked out. "How'd I get back here anyway?"

"Well, after like thirty minutes after I realized where you were I went up there. You were walking down with a smile before you passed out. So, I took you home," Chloe remembered as she started laughing.

"Well, that's nice."

Maddie walked into her bathroom to take a quick shower. After she got out she sat in her bed while Chloe got in.

After a minute or so she heard her phone go off. She was surprised when she saw Kalani's name on her screen.

"Can we talk?"

Maddie furrowed her eyebrows as she thought.

"Yeah. When?"

"In an hour at Starbucks on 5th?"

"Yeah sure."

"Thanks."

"Who are you texting?" Maddie jumped at Chloe's voice. She turned to see her wrapped in a towel.

"Just, um, Kalani." She gulped.

"Kalani?" Chloe smirked as she went through Maddie's closet looking for clothes. "What'd she say?"

"She wants to talk."

"Oooooh. She wants to talk." She smirked some more.

"It's probably not like that. She'll probably tell me to just forget about what happened and beg me not to tell anyone," Maddie laughed.

"Eh, we'll see," Chloe shrugged. "Where are you guys meeting?"

"Starbucks on 5th in an hour. Mom probably took my keys to work so I'll probably have to walk."

"Then let's go now. It's a twenty minute walk and ten minutes from my house. You can come to my house and say hi to Clara before you go."

"Yeah, sure," she said as she walked towards her door.