Chapter Twenty Six

Maddie looked over towards Kalani and smiled.

"What're you smiling at, you goof?" Kalani chuckled.

Just the way your eyes are gleaming in the sunlight, the way your curls are lightly bouncing off your shoulders, and how I know you're nervous but you flash your gorgeous smile to pretend like you're not. "Nothing," Maddie smiled shyly then quickly looked away.

"Madison Ziegler, you are the cutest person I've ever met," she grinned as she squeezed Maddie's cheeks with one hand and placed her lips on hers.

"Thanks but have you seen yourself? You look absolutely stunning," Maddie stumbled out.

"What? This old thing? They could of done better," she chuckled as she referred to the cap and gown she was wearing.

"Shut up," Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Okay, girls. One more picture then we can go!" Kira squealed.

Kalani smiled as she effortlessly threw her arm around Maddie and pulled her in close for the picture.

"Okay, that's the one! I'll be in the car."

Kalani turned to follow her mom but was stopped by a tug on her sleeve. "What's wrong honey?"

"Nothing with me. Lani, I know you're nervous and you can't try to play it off with me because I know. It's okay to be nervous, you're graduating high school. Just know that I'm always going to be here for you. I'm going to be by your side for everything. So, if you're nervous, just know that I got you, okay?"

Kalani breathed out, "thank you, Madison. You mean everything to me."

Kalani lightly kissed Maddie's hand before leading her to the car. After a few minute drive, they arrived.

"You ready, kiddo?" Kalani's mom smiled.

"Nope," she chuckled.

"We're going to find our seats, I'll see you soon," she smiled.

"Hey, you got this. I'm so proud of you, Lani. I love you," Maddie said as she wrapped her arms around Kalani and squeezed.

"I love you," Kalani replied before heading to her seat.

After a long hour of waiting, they finally moved onto the H's. Kalani knew she was next as a feeling of anxiousness rushed over her. She slightly turned her head and every ounce of nerves flushed away as her eyes connected with those pretty blues.

"Kalani Hilliker."

This is it. I'm graduating.

Kalani breathed out as she went on stage to grab her diploma. Soon after, she was throwing her cap into the air and rushing to Maddie.

"Lani, I'm so proud of you," Maddie said as the tears rushed down her cheeks.

"So am I, sweetie," her mom smiled as they both wrapped her into a hug.

"Thanks. Can we head home? This whole thing was just really crazy," Kalani said plainly.

"Oh, yeah, sure. Let's go."

They quickly made their way home.

"Sweetie, I know you had a stressful night. I'm going to go over to your aunts house for the night so you and Maddie can just relax. I'll see you tomorrow, okay? Remember I'm so proud of you."

Before Kalani could answer, her mom was out the door.

"That was weird," Kalani admitted.

"A little bit, yeah. Anyways, now that you're officially and adult, how would you like to celebrate?"