Chapter Twenty Two

"What's her deal?" Gino asked as Maddie walked back into the room.

"I don't know," Maddie crossed her arms.

"Okay, boys, it's time for you to leave. Everyone else out except Kenzie," Chloe said.

The boys and girls huffed as they filed out of the room. Chloe and Kenzie quickly wrapped Maddie in a hug as they shut the door.

"Talk to us, kiddo," Kenzie whispered.

"I just don't know what to do," Maddie cried. "Kalani doesn't want to tell anyone about us which I understand her reasoning."

"Then what's the problem?" Chloe chimed in.

"I just don't understand why we can't tell everyone. What does she want to do? Keep us a secret forever? I don't know about her but I can definitely see a future with us but we can't have a future if we are a secret, you know?"

"Yeah, I get that," Kenzie said. "I think you two just need to put all emotions aside from tonight and explain each other's feelings and figure it out. You guys will be fine, I know it."

Just then, Abby barged in, "Kenzie, what are you doing? Get to your room now."

Kenzie's eyes went wide as she rushed out the door.

"Just came to check on you two. Needed to make sure my duet was getting a good night sleep. Get to bed, now," Abby said before she left.

"Go talk to Kalani. I'll cover for you if Abby comes back," Chloe half smiled.

"Thanks, Chlo."

Maddie hurried out the door to Kalani's door and quietly knocked.

"Maddie? What's up?" Paige asked.

"Kalani. I need to talk to Kalani."

"I don't really think she wants to talk to you, Mads."

"Paige, please. Just ask her to come out."

Paige sighed before shaking her head, "one sec."

Maddie waited before Kalani came out.

"Madison, I don't want to talk to you," she huffed.

"Can we please just talk about things?"

"No, Madison, we can't. What part of I don't want to fucking talk to you do you not understand? We are done and that's not changing. I do not want you. Leave," she said sternly before closing the door.

Maddie felt a stabbing pain in her chest as the words "I do not want you" left Kalani's mouth. She went back to her room as tears rushed down her cheeks.

"What happened, Mads? Come here," Chloe said as she pulled Maddie into a hug.

"We're done, Chloe. She doesn't want me," she said as she cried into Chloe's shoulder.

"Lay down, sweetie."

Maddie laid down as Chloe wrapped her up in her arms.

"You're such a great person, Maddie, and she's gonna realize that. You're the smartest, funniest, nicest, prettiest girl I know. I know for a fact you are for Kalani too. She's going to miss you, Mads. Just like I miss you," Chloe said as she whispered the last part.

Maddie sniffled as she squeezed Chloe's hand. "You really think that?"

"Of course. I love you, Maddie."

"I love you, Chlo."

"I'm gonna change then we can get some sleep, okay?"

Maddie shook her head as Chloe got up. She watched as the tall blonde slipped her shirt off, exposing her toned stomach. Maddie thought about the way Kalani said she didn't want her. She quickly looked up and bit her lip as Chloe slipped off her sweat pants.