Chapter Eleven

Kalani's heart sunk. Chloe shuffled around before falling off Maddie's bed. Maddie sat up an tried to keep her balance.

Tears viscously pricked at Kalani's eyes.

"The fuck do you want, cheater?" Maddie slurred.

"I-I, um.." She couldn't seem to find the right words. "I didn't cheat on you."

"Uh huh," Maddie chuckled.

"You on the other hand..." Kalani trailed off.

"Don't you talk-"

"Shut the fuck up, Chloe. I'm here to talk to Madison, not you," Kalani said sternly as she climbed through the window. "Now, I ask you nicely, please leave."

Chloe glanced at Maddie, who nodded at her.

"If you need me, call me." Chloe said before leaving.

"Are you still intoxicated?" Kalani questioned as she cautiously sat on the end of Maddie's bed.

"Not much."

Kalani looked down and cleared her throat. "I didn't cheat on you."

"You fucking kissed him, Kalani," Maddie choked up.

"It wasn't like that," she whispered.

"Yeah? Then the fuck was it like?"

Kalani winced as Maddie raised her voice. She gulped before trying to explain.

"I was sitting against a wall just laughing at all the dumb kids playing truth or dare when chase stood in front of me. I asked what he wanted and smelt the alcohol on his breath when he answered me. He forcefully pushed me against the wall, and him being a lot bigger than me, I couldn't get away. He then kissed me before I bit his lip really hard and he left. You don't have to believe me, Madison, but that's what happened."

"That's what happened?" She whispered.

"Yeah."

"I'm sorry I didn't let you explain."

"It's okay."

Maddie reached over and offered her lips to Kalani but she quickly refused.

"What?" Maddie questioned. "I believe you."

"I know but you still almost just fucked Chloe," Kalani said in disgust.

"You hurt me, Lani. I mean, I thought you did anyway. Plus I was drunk and wasn't thinking straight. Even if you did cheat on me, I still would of regretted Chloe tomorrow," Maddie admitted.

"You still kissed Chloe, on purpose," she huffed.

"I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean it," Maddie said truthfully. "I have no feelings for Chloe. I thought you hurt me. Please forgive me."

"Okay. It's pretty late. I think I should go," Kalani said as she moved for the window.

Maddie instinctively grabbed Kalani's hand and softly kissed it. Kalani closed her eyes and bit her lip.

Maddie stood up and turned so Kalani would face her. She looked up into the big brown eyes that were filled with hurt at the moment.

"Forgive me," she whispered before gently putting her lips onto Kalani's.

Kalani held the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away.

"I forgive you," she sniffled.

Maddie smiled before kissing her again.

"I should really go though," Kalani said. "Have a good night and sleep well, okay?" She said before gently kissing Maddie's forehead.

"You too. Drive safe," she smiled as she watched Kalani climb out the window.