Chapter Eleven (Edited 9/14/2020)

The author behind the story ;)

9/14/2020 - I completely rewrote this chapter. So, for you RR's, I hope you enjoy getting pretty much a new chapter! Get those inline comments back up :)

Silently Falling: Chapter Eleven

The next day, as I walk through the hallway, I can feel my exhaustion catching up to me. I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, my dreams were consumed with memories of Warren. Every time his icy blue eyes crossed my mind I would shoot up in a cold sweat. I doubt I got more than two or three hours. I know it's because of Toby's slip-up in our argument, but I'm not angry with him. He feels guilty enough for what he said, and he ended up staying instead of heading to Tina's for their "project."

After I told him to give West a chance, the pizza he ordered conveniently showed up and saved him from a response. He didn't let me revisit the subject during dinner, but that may be a good thing. It could have sparked another argument that I don't think I had the mental capacity to deal with.

Now I'm headed to my second class of the day. Toby couldn't meet me at his locker because his first block teacher asked him to stay after and go over a quiz he didn't do too well on, and Alyse had to leave Music early to go and meet with our counselor about her schedule next year. I walk past some freshmen glued to their phones, AirPods in and heads softly bobbing to whatever beat their listening to.

I head to the stairwell to bring me upstairs to class, already running slightly late. There aren't many people in the halls anymore, since we only have a few minutes before class. I'm the only one in the stairwell.

"Raine."

At least I thought I was.

My skin jumps and then turns ice cold when I round the staircase and run into Warren standing at the top, a chilling grin on his face. I can feel my heart rate start to accelerate to dangerous speeds; so fast I can hear it and worry he can see it through my chest.

I start backing down the steps, but Warren swiftly walks closer to me and I stop out of fear.

"Ah, ah, ah. You aren't going anywhere."

I want to move. I want to run back down the steps. I want to get out of here. But my feet are frozen under his chilling gaze.

"You seem to be getting rather close to West," he says, eyes narrowing. "Teaching him sign language, really?"

My breath starts to get shaky the closer he gets to me. My mind starts begging Toby, Tyler, or Gray to appear and help me.

"I sure hope you aren't getting close enough to expose our little secret," he says lowly, threateningly.

He's so close I can smell his vile cologne. The same cologne he wore when he was friends with Toby. When he attacked me.

"You tell him and I can promise you'll regret it."

His eyes travel down my body, and I can see the hunger taking him over. He's next to me on the stairs, and I'm backed against the wall. We're face to face, only he towers over me. Memories start to resurface, flashing across my eyes so that Warren and I aren't at school anymore. We're in that room. He's shoving me back towards the bed. I'm about to cry out for help, only to have him on top of me with his hand covering my mouth to muffle my screams.

"Raine!"

I barely register Tyler's voice and footsteps racing down the steps. It sounds like an echo in my brain and I can't stop seeing the scene from that night. Tears spring to my eyes, and I feel a few slip down my cheeks. Warren's laugh does nothing to help.