Chapter Twelve (Edited 9/17/2020)

I can't believe we've reached 1.2K views! If only we could get to that many votes :) Keep the comments and votes flowing ;)

Every single comment I read makes writing this book worth it, please keep commenting ❤️

9/17/2020 - This chapter is now really, really long. I didn't want to add a whole new chapter, so I just added a scene to this one that honestly could be its own part. So for those of you that like long chapters, here you go! ALSO: attached cover is from @basicbxtchrepellent :)

---

Silently Falling: Chapter Twelve

Once West walks away, leaving me scowling that he once again got the last word, I get into the back seat of Toby's truck with Alyse. The passenger seat stays empty, which is actually pretty normal since Alyse and I like to tease Toby about how he's practically our Uber driver.

Toby turns to face us, eyes narrowed since neither of us sat in the front with him.

"If one of you says some silly ass name-"

"Thank you Uber driver, I'll be sure to give you 5 stars," Alyse cuts him off with a triumphant grin.

I nearly snort and hide my smile behind my hand. Toby shifts his brown eyes to her, and even though I can tell he wants to come off as annoyed and pissed, all I can see is the admiration in his gaze and the way he's trying to bite back a grin.

"Alyse?"

"Yes?"

"Would you like to walk home?"

"Now that is not the way to get a 5 star review," she replies, childishly sticking out her tongue.

Toby gives up and with a huff turns back around and starts the truck, muttering something under his breath. Alyse blushes slightly from their cute interaction, and I watch the way she discreetly covers her giddy grin and looks out the window.

I tap her shoulder so that she'll look at me and smirk.

"How cute. Could you be any more in love?"

She quickly covers up my hands with her own, eyeing Toby's back to check and see if he was looking at us while I signed what I did.

"I will kill you," she whispers with wide eyes, then quickly changes the subject. "So, do you guys think West did it?"

"Who else would have?"

Toby is able to read my signs through the rear view mirror since we are now caught in the line of cars waiting to pull out onto the main road.

"She's right. The only others who would have would be me, Ty, and Gray. And we clearly didn't."

"Is he going to get in trouble?" I ask, an odd feeling of worry washing over me.

Toby shakes his head, "No. We told Warren I was with West during lunch, and I won't back off on that alibi if Warren does try and press charges."

"You'd do that for him?"

Toby reads the signs through the mirror again and I hear him sigh slightly and he turns around to catch my eye.

"Look, any guy who does that to defend my little sister is a guy I guess I should give a chance to. Plus, I don't want Warren to win in this situation at all."