Papyrus x Anxious! Depressed! Reader

A/N: A small trigger warning! Don't like sad things don't read please for your own sake. I do have to say the end of this one-shot is comfort so if you want to skip the sad stuff I'll let you know with the bold word like in this authors note. 

You hung out with Papyrus most of the time after you came to the underground. He made you feel happy for a little while but your depression got the better of you. You were to scared to try and hurt yourself so you did it mentally by calling yourself names in your head or sometimes outloud when you are alone. Papyrus had started to notice the change in your behavior and wanted to confront you about it. "(Y/N), IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG? OR SOMETHING YOU JUST WANT TO TALK ABOUT?" Papyrus asked. You were afraid that he would make fun of you if you told him, or that he wouldn't understand because he was so innocent you felt as though he would shun you because of how un-innocent you were. So, you did the only thing you could, you put on a mask (metaphorically). "Yup! I'm perfectly fine Papy!" You say giving a fake happiness to your voice and a fake smile. 

"OK, BUT IF YOU EVER NEED TO TELL ME SOMETHING, OR GET SOMETHING OFF YOUR CHEST COME FIND ME, OK?" Papyrus says. "Ok!" You say giving another fake smile. "OH (Y/N)! I WANTED TO HAVE YOU TRY OUT MY NEW PUZZLES!" Papyrus said excitedly. "O..Oh, I would love to Pap but I think I need to go take a nap." You say nervously. "BUT, IT'S HARDLY NOON?" "W..well, you see, I, uh, I was exercising really early this morning and I'm quiet exhausted." You say. "A..alrighty then, I'LL JUST HAVE UNDYNE TRY THEM OUT! NYEH HEHEHE!" Papyrus stands and proudly marches out the front door.

You didn't want to do the puzzle, not because they were bad, actually the opposite. You just couldn't solve half of his puzzles. You felt really stupid because it took you so long and you were given so many hints. So you avoided doing them. You went upstairs to the spare room you stayed in. You sat in the corner of the room and began to insult yourself and your insecurities. You started to cry but kept going and something new happened your (f/c) soul shown and a crack appeared from the top to the middle. This caused your anxiety to start and you began to hyperventilate.

You hear the front door open. You glanced over at the clock and it was late. Have you really been here on the floor that long? You place and hand over your mouth and try to stifle your hyperventilating and whimpering. It apparently didn't work because the door began to slowly open. Papyrus stepped in the room and saw your trembling form. "(Y/N)! ARE YOU OK?!" Papyrus asked worriedly and ran over to you. He knelt down next to you. Even though he could see you were a sad mess you tried to play it off. "Y..ya P..Papy..rus i'm g..great! J..jus..t g..got s..some..something i..in my e..eye." You say giving a very unconvincing smile. 

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS KNOW FOR A FACT YOU ARE NOT OK!" Papyrus states. "N..no r..re..a..a..ll..y p..p..a..p i..i..m f..f..fi..fine..." You start to cry and shake again. Papyrus gathers you in his arms and carries you to the bed. He hugs you close. "(Y/n), have you been lying to me all this time?" He asks calmly. You continue to shake but even more so now. You nod slowly afraid of what he would do. "Why? I only want to help you. I'm not mad, I just, it hurts to see you like this." Papyrus says. "Y..y..yo..u sh..shouldn't w..wa..waste y..y..your t..time on s..s..o..som..some..on..one as p..p..path..etic a..as m..m..e." You say quietly through sobs. "You are no waste of time, (y/n), you deserve plenty of my time and other time as well. 

*****************************Ok you can read now********************

"Do you think you could tell me whats wrong?" Papyrus asks. You try to speak again but you were to choked up. "It's ok, I can wait till you calm down." Papyrus says. He begins to softly stroke you hair. "There there (y/n), it is going to be ok." He says quietly. Your sobbing just continued as you clutched onto him. "I..I  d..d..on..t  d..des..s..erve c..c..om..for..t *sob* o..o..r  y..y..ou, I..I..m su..ch a..a horrib..le p..p..pers..on." You cry. Papyrus looks down at you sadly. "Hey now, is this what the problem is? Of course you deserve comfort, especially from the great Papyrus! No matter what you have done, don't define yourself by it. If you feel sorry than you are still a good person!" Papyrus says offering a smile. You sobbing begins to slow. "Y..you d..don..t th..think I'm a b..b..ad p..person?" You ask. 

"No! Of course not! You are very special (y/n)! We all make mistakes,even the great papyrus makes mistakes to! Even if it wasn't a mistake and you just chose wrong, as long as you have learned from it you are a good person. Don't hold it to yourself, ok?" Papyrus says. You nod and your sobbing has gone down. "Thank you, P..Papyrus." You hug him tightly. You couldn't help but let out a small yawn. You were emotionaly drained and that made you sleepy. "You need some rest (y/n)." Papyrus said and pulled back the covers back. He laid you down on the bed and pulled e cover over you. Papyrus stood up to leave but you reached out for him. "P..Paps, can y..you stay with m..me." You ask blushing a bit. "O..of course (y/n)!" Papyrus said and pulled back the covers just enough to slip in next to you. "U..um, (y/n). There has been something I..I have been needing to tell you." Papyrus said with an orange hue on his cheek bones. "I..I love you....I understand if you don't share the same feelin..." You kiss Papyrus on the forehead. "I love you to Paps." You say. 

"W..wowie!" Papyrus wrapped his arms around your waist giving yo a quick skelekiss on your lips. He then nuzzled you with a sigh of joy. Somehow a warmth was radiating off his body and started to lull you to sleep. For the first time in a long time you felt true happiness.