Chapter 10

My heart was beating violently against my chest, my feet was running as fast as it can go. My hand was holding on to Nates' as if my life depended on it, and it did. My pack was behind us, chasing us like we were the bad guys but honestly I had no idea who was the bad guy here.

Even though I was a wolf, my legs started to hurt because we have been running for hours. "Ah--Ouch!" I said as my foot got caught in a small hole. I fell to the ground, starting to feel weary. "Skye," Nate whispered as he helped me up. "Can you run?" he asked, I shook my head as tears started pouring from my eyes. He looked at me with so much love and concern. A look I have been wanting to see for a long time, but sadly it came at a very wrong time. He quickly picked me up and started running, he was having hard time though since my backpack was in the way. "N... Nate," I stuttered, he looked at me and I said "We need to shift now! We can carry our stuff with our mouths," He nodded and quickly put me down.

Soon he did something that amazed me, he quickly ran and did a back flip as he shifted into his dark black wolf and instead of ogling over him, I quickly shifted also. Soon we grabbed out bags with our mouths and ran away. An hour later, we have lost the people who were chasing us.

-------------------------------------------------------------

        The sun was about to rise, me and Nate were still running just to make sure we have lost them for now but better for good. Soon I could hear him in my mind 'we should shift back and find somewhere to stay' he said and I just nodded my head and first he went behind a tree and shifted back and when he came out, he was wearing only jeans. I swore if I was in my human form, I would be blushing. It finally hit me of what really happened last night. It made me shy but at the same time having a stronger claim on him.

He chuckled which made my stomach swarm with butterflies. "Go shift, I won't look, I promise!" he said, I dropped my bag then he said "Maybe just a peek," I growled and he just chuckled again as he threw a blanket over my wolf body, I went over behind a tree and shifted back to my human form. I wrapped myself in the blanket and went to get my bag. "Even though we had a steamy make out session last night, doesn't mean we're gonna jump into another one comfortably," I said, now my stubbornness was setting in.

He smirked. "I was drunk," I said behind the tree as I changed into some clothes. He snorted then said "Oh, yeah you were," sarcastically. I came out behind the tree and said him "Okay! Let's say I wasn't and I was just planning this all along. You know, the runaway and how Nikki betrayed her own sister and whoever you are to her," His smirk faded and it was replaced with a frown, "She did nothing wrong, she was just trying to be a good girlfriend but she came out over-protective," he said, Why was he defending her!? My blood boiled and I feared I was about to shift again, and shred a pair of new clothes. "Why are you defending her!?" I snapped at him.

Girlfriend!? So he just made out with me out of lust, he just used me. HE MADE OUT WITH ME WHILE HE HAD A GIRLFRIEND. I growled and started stomping away from him. "Where are you going?" he asked, as if what he just said was taken lightly-- not!

"Anywhere away from you! I can't believe I trusted you, I mean I almost had sex with you! But you just used me. I guess it wasn't only Chloe and Nikki betraying me, apparently we have the biggest betrayer here!" I said as I looked at him with fire and rage in my eyes, or so I felt it there. "Are you jealous?" he asked, I groaned and rolled my eyes. "God!! Why are you even my fucking mate!?" As I stomped away again. but soon he was following me. "Wait! Wait! Are you saying that everything last night you took seriously?" he asked as if he asked if I believed in a joke. "Uh duh! You were the one who said we should stick together and get through this," I said, he laughed then he said "I was drunk."

I looked at him with no expression, "Uh-huh!" As I began to walk faster trying to lose him. "Skye!" he groaned. "Nope! Nate you can't touch me if you have a girlfriend, it's just so disloyal," I said as we came to a main road and just a few yards away was a small diner and motel. The walk to the motel/Diner was quiet. I knew that Nate was only acting because I guess he loved his chick boy image. Which didn't suit him in my opinion.

Once we got to the motel, inside was a young lady about my age but it looked like she graduated from high school already and took over family business. "Hey how may I help you?" she squeaked, as she eyed Nate like he was a delicious lollipop. I hid a growl but Nate noticed it and he chuckled. I then slammed my hand on the counter and said politely "My fiance and me wants to check in," she looked at me and her dimple smile faded. "Here," she said with a frown as she gave me the keys. I smiled and grabbed Nate's hand and walked off to our room and as we were out of her sight he started asking questions. "What was that for?" I rolled my eyes and said "Nothing," I could tell he was smirking.

I walked inside the room and was about to say something insulting or anything to get back Nate but instead of me saying those big nasty words, he covered my mouth with his as he open mouth kissed me. Which instantly sent desire and heat to my abdomen and butterflies again invaded my stomach, No matter how much I wanted to push him away and tell him how disloyal he was, I couldn't fight the feeling that I wanted and needed him. I moaned as he started leaving trails of kisses on my jawline to my neck and once he softly kissed and sucked on the mark he made, I moaned out his name out loud, that I think the girl down stairs could here me, I wish she can.

Finally he reached into my shirt and started touching and massaging my breasts, making me arch my back onto the bed and once my back hit the soft bed, I wrapped my legs around his waist so he was dry humping me. I could feel his member bulging inside his pants making me wetter by the second. "Please Nate," I started begging him since the desire was too much to resist but then he pulled away and smirked at me, "Too drunk ey? You haven't had anything to eat or drink today and now you are begging," he said as he got off me and walked out the door leaving me on the bed, half angry, half horny and burning with desire but most of all, I was hurt.

I couldn't believe what he had just did. Did he not want me? I felt his bulging member, can he even fake it? Or was he thinking about Nikki? I thought that having a mate was to only crave and desire for that one person, I guess it doesn't work for Alphas. I mean look at my father, his mate left him because of my mother. I guess I was just unlucky when it came to Mates and especially Love. I sat up on the bed and pondered on everything that Nate has done to me, first he was so sweet and protective and stuff but now that I let him get to me, let him see how easy he affected and how fast it changes me, he took advantage of that by just playing with me. What happen to Nate who protected me from Alpha Mason, who came to my rescue from Chloe?

It was him.

and I guess he is gone.

And there was only one way to find out, I have to fight back the urges once more. I came back home to not be bullied again and to not get pushed over like before. I came here to show them that I am stronger, that I am capable of anything and that's how I'm gonna treat Nate, if it's a game he wants then it's a game he'll get.