Chapter 18

I woke up feeling amazing, that me, Skye Hale, has finally filled that empty hole in her heart but as I looked beside me to see the love of my life, my ecstatic smile turned into a sad smile. I realized that today was the day I will go back to my territory, to my home and the day I will live my life normally and forget that Nate had ever happened. My heart clenched tightly knowing it wouldn't be easy as it seems.

Could I just simply walk away from the one thing that's good in my life?

And would he let me just walk away like that after everything we have done together?

My lower lip quivered as I thought about my life without Nate. I put my face into the palms of my hands and cried silently, I didn't want to leave Nate but I had to. What me and Nate have was a bond, you can say soul mates but he already vowed his love to someone else. He barely even knows me and the only thing keeping me and him together was this stupid bond of ours. I then slowly and gently got out of bed not wanting to wake Nate up, and started changing.

I was about to walk out of the room not only the room but to walk out of Nate's life. My one and only love. As I got all my clothes on I started heading towards the door until I felt someone grabbed my arm and the hand spun me around and of course I was faced with none other than the person who is gonna make my leave so hard to do. "Don't tell me you are still planning this?" he asked, His eyes searching for answers within my eyes. "I told you, nothing and no one is gonna stop me from doing this," I said softly. "Then what about last night? Didn't it mean anything to you?" he asked I could see the hurt in his eyes. My wolf was now whimpering from inside.

"It meant everything, but as I step foot out this door it will mean nothing," I lied because no matter what I do, where I go or what I say. The moment that me and Nate mated will be the best thing that has ever happened in my life. "You're lying Skye," he said as he gripped my shoulders. "Don't make this any harder Nate it would be best--" "If you would stay, It will be best if you will stay with me," he cut me off. I shook my head slowly and took his hands off my shoulders but as I turned around to walk away I was yet again spun around and this time we were chest to chest.

"I love you Skye, please stay with me," he was now crying, my heart broke as I saw the pain in his eyes and the tears that rolled down his face. "Please Skye... Please," he begged. He broke down on both of his knees hugging my legs. I stood there not knowing what to do or say. "We will live a new life together, new pack, new place, we will raise little pups and I will forget Nikki and--" but I blocked his voice out of my mind and remembered the name Nikki it was because of her we ran away, because of her Nate rejected me, because of her my dad didn't pay attention to me and it was also because of her why I was leaving Nate.

Rage and Anger boiled within me like a pot on full steam and my rage took over, I furiously pushed Nate not as hard as he may have pushed me but enough to make him lie on the floor, he looked at me with a bewildered expression and I yelled at him "Nate you don't love me at all, it is just the bond that is telling you that, the stupid bond that binds me and you together!" Shocked by my outrage I then backed away from the shock and hurt Nate that was lying on the floor. I then fled from where I stood, I fled from the life that I was destined to be and I fled from the one thing that I have been searching all my life

my mate.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        I ran and ran not caring what I left and who I left. My heart was breaking and I won't deny it and I was stupid for leaving the one thing that made me feel happy, the one thing that made me feel complete and I will forever regret it. I was tired and my legs were about to give up but I urged them forward but once as I reached my territory I then shifted in my wolf without thinking that my clothes will shred and if I shift back to human before I got to my house then I'll be naked.