Chapter 23

My feet carried me towards Nate's house as fast as it could go, the trees around me were a blur and the wind swooshed through my ears. All that was on my mind was,

Nate.

Jane was running beside me but as I passed her she smirked knowing I was too excited to see him and as I got to his house people were already surrounding the house awaiting their Alpha to come out, I ran passed them and into the house. At the top of the stairs I saw Daniel smiling warmly at me but I just literally pushed him aside making him fall to the floor so I could reach Nate's room. 

As I got to the place were I wanted to be I saw Nate as he just pushed himself off the bed. I let out a sob of joy and covered my mouth with my right hand and stumbled a bit back. His head then snapped up and our eyes met, it felt like the bond between me and him grew stronger and nothing mattered. 

It was just me and Nate.

"Skye?" He called out my name, his voice sending shivers down my spine. It was the voice I have craved to hear, a voice I was desperately dying to wait for and now that he is here. In a blink of an eye I ran from where I stood and crashed into Nate's arms not wanting to tear apart ever again. I don't care if people saw him as an enemy, I don't care if he loved Nikki and planned to marry her in the past because all that matters was the moment I was in and a moment that I wanted to live in forever.

His arms wrapped around my petite body and my small arms wrapped around his neck and as he buried his face in the crook of my neck he whispered "I'm so glad you are safe," Tears of joy was falling down my face. "I'm glad you are awake," I replied and as we both pulled back, we both leaned in for a kiss. At first it was sweet and soft but then it grew into a hungry kiss. We both craved for each other and I felt my wolf and his wolf connecting in peace, we no longer was a secret and we no longer was gonna hide. 

He then pulled me on top of him making me squeal in delight, "Nate, you're still injured," I said as I playfully hit his strong well built chest, "Doesn't mean I can't have my mate," he said as he playfully growled at me, he then started kissing my neck leaving a few hickeys here and there. "Are you sure you are okay to do this?" I asked as he still was kissing my neck but once he kissed and licked my soft part, the question I asked him was long forgotten and I started moaning his name. 

He really knew how to shut me up.

He started taking off the shirt I had on and I also carefully took off his bandages and to my surprise there was no bruises or an open wound just a scar. Nate's hands traveled to my legs and once his finger felt the scar where Mason shot me he pulled away and looked at it. "Is this--" I cut him off by humming Uh-hmm. He then kneeled down and gently kissing the scar on my leg. He then started leaving trails of kisses from my legs until he reached my lips. "Did you eat anything? You lost some weight," he said as he pulled away from our steamy kiss, I didn't want to answer that knowing he would quit what we were doing and make me eat and rest so I reached down into his boxers and started stroking his member making him forget his own question. He moaned a bit making me feel happy that I had this affect on him. 

Of course almost all day we spent it inside the room not wanting to leave but eventually we had to for his pack was waiting for him. I helped Nate put on his jeans since he was a bit injured due to our small but intense activity. We both laughed as he almost lost his balance and I pulled by closer to me by the front of his jeans. His green eyes then stared into my hazel ones and he whispered "I feel it," I chuckled awkwardly and then continued doing his jeans and putting on his belt. "What do you mean you feel it?" as my eyes wandered down to his jeans rather than looking at his green eyes that was still staring right at me.

As I was trying to ignore his stare he quickly lifted my chin with his fingers making my eyes connect with his, no matter how many times I'll look into his eyes his stare would always make me melt from the inside. It makes me shiver but in a good way. He smiled and not the usual smile that you see everyday, a killer smile that makes you pass out every time you get a glimpse of it but luckily I did not pass out.

"I feel love," he said, I was still confused with his statement. I smiled a smile that says 'get to the point' he just chuckled and said "I just don't feel the bond that binds us together, I feel love towards you.... and I am not saying that because we are mates I am saying that because I love you Skye. You make me happy and you deserve better than me... but I am a selfish mean Alpha," he said as he gently lifted me off the ground making me giggle and wrap my legs around his waist "And I want you all to myself, I don't like sharing nor giving away and I'll make sure that you will be the happiest woman alive. I'll protect you and and take care of you when you are sick and most of all I'll love you forever," he said as he leaned his forehead on mine.

My heart was soaring and the butterflies in my stomach violently swarmed. I couldn't believe my ears but before I could say anything his smile faded and he looked down as if something was bothering him, "What's wrong Nate?" I asked as I unwrapped my legs from his waist and went under his head to look at him. "You must be terrified of how I killed Mason," he said not meeting my eyes once. I remembered how he violently killed Mason. I smiled warmly at him and cupped his face making his eyes contact with mine. "Nate.... you are not a killer... you were protecting the pack... protecting me. You had a purpose unlike Mason who was trying to kill us," I said as I finally saw a smile creep onto his face,

"Call me Nathaniel," he said, I tilted my head to the side. Confused why would he want me to call him that and as he looked at me he knew what I wanted to ask. "My parents used to call me that... I'm finally over my past now that I have you," he said as he covered my hands with his.

"I love you Skye," he said, "I love you Nathaniel," I said as we both shared a sweet and soft kiss.

My once upon a time was just beginning and I was finally happy.

Hey guys! This is not the end, this is just a simple yet romantic chapter of Skye and Nate. There is still more to come... and more to discover. Journey with Skye and Nate as they go through their happy beginning and stay updated to find out if they'll ever have a happy ending? DUN DUN DUUUUUUN. moo-hahahaha