Chapter 25

Unpleasant dreams haunted me, my solitude became unbearable, I was growing weak by the second. Nate was too caught up in keeping me and the pack safe. I should be enjoying my honeymoon and recalling the wonderful memories of my wedding ceremony.

But I'm not.

 I was actually in a state of misery. Watching my husband come home exhausted and seeing him leave the house as if he was late for something. My heart sunk deeper into my chest knowing that me and my mate were drifting apart it was like every step I take towards him was a step backwards. I tried persuading Nate to just stay home but his reply would be I must keep you safe and when I would tell him to just spend a few minutes with me he would say I must get back to work but wasn't being with me keeping me safe? Wasn't staying home with me safer than being apart? Nights of endless tears and mornings of emptiness filled my days.

Days that I now dread to live, Days without Nate.

It was night and I was waiting for Nate to come home, as usual his cold dinner was sitting at the table. When it stroked midnight I then went to the door but instead of seeing the usual tired and exhausted Nate he came barging in and went straight up to me and pulled me into a passionate kiss, at first I was surprised and shock by this unexpected gesture from Nate who said he must keep me and the pack safe but this night he just kissed me as if he'll never see me tomorrow. I then regrettably pulled away from our steamy kiss and looked into his green eyes and asked "Is something wrong?"

He just had a sexy grin on his face and he said as he cupped my face "I missed you and tomorrow night I cannot come home because we have spotted rogues last night and we are gonna have an all night patrol," he said, my heart dropped knowing he won't be in the same bed as me tomorrow. "Can't somebody else do it?" I asked as my hands were on his chest. He put his forehead against mine and said "I'm sorry but I must lead the pack and keep you safe," I bit my lower lip and said "Just please be careful," As a tear slid down my face. He quickly kissed the tear away and said "I will baby, I wish I could just be in bed with you so I could hold you close,"

"But tonight shall only be about me and you," he growled sexily as he did that sexy grin again that would always get me excited. "Hmm.. I like the sound of that, the Alpha and me," I growled back, his lips quickly covered mine and we both started kissing each other roughly showing how we missed each other and craved each other no matter the distance. He then pinned me to the door making me whimper in pleasure as I felt his weight on my body but we both never stopped kissing each other. I felt his member bulging inside his pants, he was hard for me.

"Let's take this to the bedroom," I whispered sexily in his ear. He then scooped me up bridal style making me giggle, he then made his way towards the bedroom where our bed await us.

***

        I then woke up to a beautiful morning with the smell of omelettes in the air, I then pushed myself off the bed to see I was alone naked in my bed. I was looking forward to seeing Nate in my bed with his bewitching green eyes staring at mine but what's even more sexy is finding your lover cooking breakfast. I then got out of bed not caring about my bedhead, I just washed my face and put Nate's shirt on and walked downstairs.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Nate cooking breakfast with nothing on except a pink apron. I silently giggled at the sight as him cooking omelettes with just a pink apron on and swaying his hips to the music of Closing Time by: Semisonic I then walked inside and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. "Good morning!" I sang in a melodic voice, he turned his head to kiss the top of my head and said "Good morning sexy!" in a melodic voice also. "You're in a good mood today," I said as I slapped his butt cheek and sat down on a stool grabbing a cookie that was on a plate in front of me.

But he slapped my hand before I could even eat the cookie and said "Don't spoil your appetite, Yes I am because I get to spend the rest of the day until dinner with my beautiful wife," I grinned at him I was about to say something to him but all of a sudden I felt an uneasy feeling. Like something dangerous, my stomach then rumbled-- very dangerous indeed. I then dashed to the bathroom and vomited everything that I ate last night, my throat burned and my stomach clenched with pain. Behind me was Nate and his pink Apron with mittens and holding the frying pan containing the omelettes.

"Baby, are you alright? You don't feel well?" he asked with concern, I wiped my mouth with the sink towel thinking and wondering what on earth did I ate last night that would make me vomit but then an idea struck me. When was my last period? "Did you eat something bad?" Nate asked, if I was really pregnant what would his reaction be? Would he be mad because he would have more people to protect or would he be happy? Only one way to find out.

"I'm pregnant," I whispered in a low voice, no words came from Nate but just the sound of the frying pan hitting the ground making it echo throughout the house. I looked at Nate and he had an expression that couldn't be read and as I tried to reach to him through our bond I knew that he was still wondering how he should react to it. "Na--" before I could even call his name he quickly scooped me up in his arms and then started running outside of the house not before putting mine and his robes on "Nate where are we going?" I asked but as I looked over to the direction he was carrying me we were making our way to the pack doctor's home.

Without even knocking he kicked down the door making it fall down to the ground with a big thud the doctor and a woman he was checking up looked at us with shocked eyes. "Alpha, is anything wrong?" the doctor asked as his eyes scanned me and Nate. "Please check up Skye here. Something is wrong with her," he said, what!? Wrong with me, I am pregnant!!

The doctor then whispered something to his other patient and the patient nodded and went over to the waiting rooms. Once the check up was done the doctor went over to me and Nate with a smile on his face "Luna, Alpha... You're both now parents," he said, a smile crept onto my face knowing a little Nathaniel Stark was growing inside my tummy. I looked over to Nathaniel and was expecting a frown upon his face since it would add more problems to the current situation but before I could even see the expression on his face he suddenly lifted me off the ground and spinning me while cheering

"I am going to be a father!!" this time my heart didn't soar through the sky as it would always do because this time joy and happiness soared through my heart making it literally flutter.  I then felt my feet reached the ground again but I was quickly pulled into a living embrace by none other than the proudest man in the world at the moment, my husband.

The whole village of our territory from the moonlight pack to the Elite pack and to other packs out there was informed of our greatest news ever. I was with child not just any child but the child of the Alpha and the moon lady. I also worried about the fate of my child and how he or she would be strong, it might be a burden. I just hope my child-- scratch that mine and Nate's child doesn't have to go through the stuff that I have gone through my life starting with being the Nerdy filthy fat Skye Hale, being bullied by everyone including my crush, then my best friend betrayed me and I had to go through knowing who my real mother was that she was a witch, then my mate was the enemy's Alpha and we had to hide it but as we hid it he also rejected me which caused me much pain then we ran away being chased by my crazy ass sister and ex-crush who used to be my possessive Alpha then now some danger of rogues was lurking through our territory and I had gone so through much that I sometimes wonder how I was still standing and breathing.

Nate proudly told anyone as we passed them that he was a father then he would kiss me tenderly, last night and this day surely made up for those weeks that he wasn't there for me. For the rest of the day Nate has showered me with his love and attention, which made me feel like the luckiest girl in the world and I was proud to say that this time Nate's dinner wasn't left cold waiting on the table anymore. We both had dinner together discussing names for the baby and where he or she is gonna sleep, Nate suggests that we have a door connected to our room and the baby's room but I told him we'll figure that out very soon but he had to go since it was his first time being late for a territory patrol.

After kisses and hugs he finally left, the two pack members were at the door guarding the house and two more was at the back door and another was circling the house but another was circling the house since Nate is being more over-protective since he was now gonna be a father. I decided to retire for the night, change into my white night gown and went over to my bed and snuggled into the pillows smelling the scent of Nate imagining he was here wrapping his arms around me.

but then I woke up in the middle of the night to a sound of frying pans being dropped.