Chapter 8

A/N: I'm so glad everyone is enjoying the book so far!!! Thanks for all the <3 Please be sure to vote, comment and fan at the end of the chapter!

Enjoy!!!

Opening my eyes from the sun-light shining into my face. I wondered how long I'd been sleeping.
Glancing at the clock I saw it was eight in the morning.
Rio laid next to me sleeping peacefully, his breathing deep and relaxed as his chest rose and fell with each intake of air.
He was in need of a major haircut but he still looked handsome.
"Good morning." He said slowly opening his eyes startling me.
I guess he could sense I was staring at him.
"Good morning." I said blushing.
"What you was staring at?" He asked pulling me closer to him.
"How do you know I was staring at you?"
"I see everything." He said smiling.
Kissing my forehead he stood up from the bed stretching.
"You hungry?"
"Yeah." I said standing up to make my way to the bathroom while quickly wrapping the covers around my body.
I was so self conscious about the cesarean scar on my stomach, I hated it.
Stopping me in my tracks Rio pulled the cover from around my body pulling me into his arms.
"I have morning breath." I said hoping to take his mind off my scar.
"Why you always tryin' to hide yo body?" He asked while resting his hands on my ass and kissing my forehead again.
"I don't like it." I mumbled holding my head down.
Lifting my head up he looked into my eyes.
"I like it."
Smiling I kissed his lips.
"We spendin' the day together so don't take all day in the shower." He said pulling away from me and lightly tapping my ass. "Hurry up."
Walking into the bathroom and over to the tub I started the shower water.
I couldn't believe he'd bought me a truck, a Range Rover at that.
Smiling to myself I took my under clothes off stepping into the lukewarm water.
I stayed in the shower until my hands wrinkled like prunes.
Stepping out I dried off walking into the room. Rio was already dress in a pair of khaki cargo shorts, white tee, denim vest with red and white Jordan's breds.
"You ready?" He asked while putting on a fitted hat to match his shoes.
"Do I look ready?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "Beauty takes time."
I was completely naked under my towel.
Sitting on the bed I applied lotion from head to toe.
"Your already beautiful." He said taking the lotion from me and putting it on my back rubbing it in.
Rolling my eyes at his corniness I walked over to the closet pulling out a sundress I bought yesterday at the mall.
"You still at the shop?" Rio asked into his phone as I got dressed. "I need you to line me up."
I knew he was talking to Black.
"I can do it." I said interrupting his conversation.
"Nah baby, I'm good. Hurry up though." He said before leaving the room.
I finished dressing admiring myself in the mirror.
"You ready now?" Rio asked walking back into the room.
"Why are you in such a hurry?" I asked grabbing my purse.
"I need Black to line me up and he not gone be at the shop all night shorty."
Taking another look at myself I sprayed myself with Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea fragrance.
"Come on Mario." I sighed while walking out of the room.
"You got yo keys cuz you drivin'." He smiled following after me.
*
Pulling up to the barbershop I thought I did good for my first time driving. Rio even complemented me.
Taking off my seatbelt I reached into my purse pulling out the rest of Rio's money I had from his safe.
"What's this?" He asked looking down at it.
"Your money."
"It's yours now." He said getting out of the car.
Opening the driver's door Rio helped me out.
"You gotta stop." I said closing the door behind me.
Placing his arm around my shoulder we walked across the street towards the shop.
"I just wanna give you everythin' you never had."
He was so cute I thought smiling to myself.
Nearing the barbershop rage filled me as I saw Tania leaving out of the laundromat.
"Ain't that yo girl?" Rio asked.
Ignoring his comment and taking my eyes off of Tania I spotted Black standing outside talking on his phone.
"Ain't y'all cute." He joked as we walked up dapping Rio.
Walking pass me Tania rolled her eyes.
"Ho." She said as she kept walking.
"What did she say?" Black asked turning towards me.
Rio frowned as I removed his arm from my shoulder following after Tania.
I wasn't going to let her get away this time with calling me out my name.
"What did you say?" I called after her.
"You heard me." She said without turning around.
She was never the type that looked for confrontation so I wanted to know who let her borrow their balls.
"Don't be a bitch. Say it to my face."
She stopped and dropped her laundry bag.
She hit me low with what she said about my son and now she was going to pay for it.
"Don't put on a show Lauren." She said crossing her arms.
"What show Tania?"
Rio walked up to me grabbing my hand.
"Don't entertain her shorty. Come on."
"You betta listen to him." She said rolling her eyes once again."Bitch."
I'd let her get away too many times. Pulling away from Rio I walked up to her giving her a powerful punch to the mouth knocking her off her feet. Blood instantly oozed from her mouth.
Not stopping there I climbed on top of her punching her a few more times.
Tania swung wildly scratching my face.
A laughing Rio pulled me off of her but I kept swinging accidentally hitting him.
Pulling me into the barbershop he sat me down in a barber's chair.
"Would you calm down?"
Breathing heavily I stood up from the chair and made my way towards a mirror to examine my face.
"Oooo, kill em." Black joked as he walked into the shop.
Rio laughed at him while taking a seat in Black's chair.
"She feisty bro." Black continued as he pulled out his clippers.
Tania left a big scratch on my cheek. I wanted to beat her up all over again for leaving such mark on my face.
"Don't be doin all that crazy shit Black jus line me--."
"Rio why we always gotta go through this?" Black asked cutting him off and turning on the clippers.
Returning back to my seat I couldn't stop thinking about Tania.
She was acting this way all because she was secretly in love with Rio.
"Lauren--." Rio called out to me.
Shaking the thoughts from my mind I directed my attention towards him.
"I called you about three times." He said letting me know I was spacing. "You okay?"
"Yeah."
"You beat shorty ass though." Black joked as he continued cutting Rio's hair.
A couple customers walked into the shop taking seats.
It wasn't long before Black was finished cutting Rio's hair.
Standing from the chair he dusted himself off while examining his fresh cut in the mirror.
"It's Ight." He said dapping Black. "I'm still the best."
Black laughed and Rio and I walked towards the door while a client walked to Black's chair.
Placing his arm around me we walked back to the car.
"Let's get somethin' to eat."
"Good because I'm hungry." I said hopping into the driver's seat.
Closing the door behind me Rio walked around to the passenger's side getting into the car.
"Where you wanna go?" I asked while pulling out of the parking spot.
"You the one drivin'." He said scrolling through his phone.
I decided on IHOP because I loved their pancakes.
I was getting a hang of driving and I knew I was doing well because Rio was no longer paying attention and was into his phone.
"I thought we were spending time together." I said frowning.
He glanced at me and smirked.
"You right boo." He said turning his phone off and putting it in the glove compartment.
"I know I'm right."
He chuckled. "Look whose bein' demandin now. I'm rubbin' off on you."
Pulling into the Resturant parking lot I immediately found a park.
Killing the engine and stepping out of the car Rio held my hand as we walked towards the door.
Walking inside we seated ourselves waiting for the waitress to bring the menus.
"Welcome to IHOP. I'll be your waitress." She said smiling and setting the menus in front of us. "What can I get you?"
Rio motioned towards me to order first.
"A short stack of pancakes." I said handing her the menu.
"You?"
"The same." He said giving her his menu as well.
She tucked her notepad back in her apron and walked off.
Reaching across the table Rio gently grabbed my chin turning my head.
"Damn, you gon have to put somethin' on that." He said referring to the scar.
Shying away I directed my attention back to him. "I'm so pissed she did this to my face."
"You still cute." He smiled.
Rolling my eyes I couldn't help but laugh at him.
His smiled faded once he saw a guy walk into the Resturant.
The guy was more so on the husky side and looked to be about five foot seven.
"That's my nigga." He said.
The guy walked over to our table and Rio stood up to dap him.
"Baby, this my dude Doughboy."
Doughboy nodded his head towards me and smiled.
"Baby?" He asked looking back to Rio raising an eyebrow. "Let me find out." He joked.
Rio laughed sitting back down.
I frowned.
"You was in such a hurry the last time I saw you I ain't get a chance to tell you about my engagement party."
Rio eyes widened.
"What?"
Doughboy laughed.
"It's about that time to settle down." He said rubbing his hands over his head.
"Who is it?" Rio asked.
"Um--."
"Uh oh." Rio said shaking his head. "If a nigga gotta say "um" about his fiancé it's neva good."
Doughboy chuckled.
"You'll meet her at the party. It's tonight so it's a good thing I saw you." He said. "Y'all gon come?"
Rio looked at me and then back to Doughboy.
"Yeah. We'll be there."
"That's what's up." Doughboy said smiling. "It's gon be at my house and I'll just hit yo line with the rest of the information."
Rio nodded his head in agreement and the waitress walked over with the food.
"I'll see y'all tonight." He added before walking off.
"Is there anything else I can get you?" The waitress asked placing the food in front of us.
Examining the food I picked up my silverware ready to dig in.
"Nah, we good for now." Rio said to her.
"Enjoy." She said walking off.
Slicing the pancakes in four sections I poured syrup on top.
"You don't mind goin' to the party do you?" Rio asked while digging into his food.
"As long as none of yo groupies are there."
"I'm sure it's just gon be his family and close friends." He assured me.
Bringing a forkful of pancakes to my mouth I stared at him.
"That's all that betta be there--one groupie and we're leavin'." I said seriously.
"Okay."
We finished eating in no time.
Leaving out of the Resturant Rio stayed behind to pay the bill. I unlocked the car doors and slipped into the driver's seat.
I was stuffed and getting restless.
Resting my head on the head rest I heard his phone vibrating in the glove compartment. Glancing back at the Resturant I saw through the window he was talking to our waitress.
She was smiling mighty hard at him.
I felt myself getting jealous.
His phone continued vibrating.
Reaching into the glove compartment I pulled out the phone looking at the screen.
A picture message showed of a naked woman but I couldn't make out her face because her phone covered half of it.
Looking back at the Resturant I noticed he was making his way towards the exit.
Tossing his phone back I closed the compartment door and rested my head back on the head rest.
The driver's door opened and I sat up looking at him.
"You want me to drive?"
I scooted over to the passenger's seat allowing him to get into the driver's seat.
Closing the door behind him he started the car and pulled off.
"You'll pass me my phone?" He asked glancing at me. "You probably looked through it while I was gone anyway."
Rolling my eyes I went into the glove compartment and handed him the phone.
He glanced at the screen and shook his head.
"Who is she?" I asked crossing my arms.
Rio frowned. "You went through my phone?"
I sighed.
"It's Megan." He said annoyed. "She keep sendin me pictures of herself."
It suddenly started feeling like the heat was on in the car.
"When was the last time you had sex wit her?" I asked out of curiosity while letting down the window to get a feel of fresh air.
"A while ago. You don't have to worry about that. Your my main focus." He said while intertwining our fingers.
"You to need to check her."
"I'll handle it." He said bringing the back of my hand to his lips kissing it sending chills down my spine. "I have a few things I gotta check up on."
His phone began vibrating and once again he become occupied with it by answering it.
The wind whipped around my face as he approached the expressway in the direction of the house.
"I'm on my way." He said ending the call.
Turning towards him I frowned.
"I know." He said not giving me a chance to speak."Some unexpected shit just came up."
So much for spending the day together I thought to myself.
Pulling into the driveway he handed me the keys to my car before walking over to his Camaro and climbing into the driver's seat.
"I'll be back." He assured me.
Rolling my eyes I walked into the house closing the door behind me.
As soon as I saw the bed I climbed into it and drifted off to sleep.

*
Sleeping half the day away, I was awaken by Rio walking into the room.
Sitting his keys on the dresser he walked towards the bathroom closing the door behind him.
Glancing at the clock it was five in the evening.
Where had he been all this time?
Hearing the shower start I laid down waiting for him to come out of the bathroom.
He stayed in the bathroom for almost thirty minutes.
Walking out he wore just basketball shorts.
Climbing into the bed he kissed my cheek.
"Whats up?"
Looking at him I rolled my eyes.
"You been gone half the day."
"I know." He sighed.
"So where were you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.
"I told you some shit came up and I had to handle it. It took longer than I expected."
Shaking my head I exhaled a deep breath.
Straddling across me he gently pinned my arms over my head.
Looking into my eyes he licked his lips before bending down kissing mine.
"Don't be mad at me." He said pecking my lips.
His body rubbing against mine immediately turned me on.
Kissing down my jaw line he moved down to my collar bone.
I could feel my juices start to flow.
Releasing his hold on my arms he rolled off of me.
What the fuck?
"The engagement party starts at seven." He smirked.
I don't give a damn about that party. I thought to myself.
Rio knew what he was doing getting me worked up.
Standing up from the bed pissed off I walked into the bathroom to shower.

As I let the water hit my body I imagined what sex would be like with Rio.
Sexual thoughts filled my mind.
My hormones were raging and I wanted him bad.
Taking a ten minute shower I cut the water off walking out of the bathroom.
Rio dressed in a white button down with gray stripes and gray slacks to match. His entire outfit looked tailored.
I had the perfect dress to wear.
Pulling it from the closet and taking it out of the plastic I began to admire its color.
I'd bought it the day before and when I seen it I instantly fell in love. Laying it across the bed I put lotion on before slipping into it.
The dress hugged my hips in all the right places. It's draped detail at the bottom gave the dress more flare.
Walking over to the body length mirror I checked myself out turning sideways to see that my ass set out just right in it.
Rio walked into the room palming my ass before walking into the bathroom spraying on his cologne.
"I need help putting on my shoes." I said as I sat down on the bed slipping them on.
He walked out of the bathroom fidgeting with his shirt collar.
"Damn." He said biting down on his bottom lip.
Bending down he fastened the straps around my ankles before helping me up from the bed. I stood almost as tall as him.
Pulling me into his arms he softly kissed my neck.
"We gon be late." I said pulling out of his hold while making my way to the bathroom to finish getting dressed.
Running the flat iron through my hair I decided to wear it bone straight and satisfied with my look.
I applied makeup to the scratch on my face to cover it before leaving out of the bathroom.
"I'm ready." I said while grabbing my clutch.
Rio sat at the edge of the bed talking on his phone as he tied his shoe strings.
"Yeah, I'm on my way." He said into the phone.
Standing up from the bed he looked down at his shoes then at me. "You ready?" He mouthed.
"I been ready."
"Bro we leavin' out now I'll see you when I get there." He said before disconnecting the call.
Walking out to the driveway Rio helped me into the car before making his way towards the driver's side.
"You look nice." He said as he started the car and pulled from the driveway.
"So do you."
The ride was quiet to the house because Rio stayed on his phone majority of the time getting directions.
Pulling up to a modern home Rio killed the engine getting out.
Opening the passenger's door he helped me from the car.
"Can I offer you a glass of Dom Perignon Rosé?" A man dressed in a butler suit asked as we walked through the door.
Rio took two glasses off the platter handing one to me.
The foyer to the house was huge and beautiful.
Walking farther into the house I spotted a lot of people standing around socializing.
"You okay?" Rio asked grabbing my hand.
"Yeah."
Doughboy walked out of the dining room looking completely different from earlier.
He was no longer in street clothes and wore a tailored fitted suit.
"Sup." He said giving Rio a bro hug. "Hey." He pulled me into a hug. "Thanks for comin." He smiled.
"Where's yo fiancé?" Rio asked as his eyes scanned the room.
"She uh--." Doughboy glanced around spotting her walking down the hallway. "Here she comes."
Walking up Megan wrapped her arm around Doughboy's.
"Baby--." Stopping mid sentence her eyes landed on Rio.
"Rio this is my fiancé Megan. Megan this is my boy Rio and his girl."
Megan plastered on a fake smile and offered her hand.
Rio took a sip from his glass declining the handshake.
"Baby, your mother is looking for you." She said to Doughboy.
Glancing back and forward between the two Doughboy hesitated before walking off towards the dinning room.
"Rio, come wit me." He said stopping mid way.
Rio motioned me to follow him but I assured him I would be fine.
Walking towards Doughboy they disappeared into the room.
"Ya'll will not mess this up for me." Megan said through clenched teeth while keeping a smile on her face. "You have to make sure Rio doesn't open his mouth to Alex."
Was this bitch crazy?
Here she was sending naked pictures of herself to Rio and she wanted me to help her.
Laughing at her I had to take a sip from my glass.
"Megan, why are you sendin' Mario naked pictures if you have a fiancé?" I asked frowning.
A look of shock came across her face.
"I don't think that concerns you." She said rolling her eyes.
"Your right." I said sarcastically. "It should be Alex's concern."
Turning away from her I began walking in the direction of the dining room.
"Lauren wait." She called after me.
I stopped and faced her.
"What?"
"Please don't do this." She said practically begging.
Drinking more from my glass I frowned at her.
"I want you to stop texting Rio."
"Okay--jus, please don't tell Alex."
"Tell me what?" Doughboy asked appearing behind me overhearing the conversation.
Rio grabbed my hand and I directed my attention to him.
Kissing me on the forehead he led me into the dinning area where all the other guest were.
Black sat at the table with an older woman I hoped not to be his date.
Rio pulled a seat out for me before taking a seat himself.
"Rio, that's you?" A guy asked that sat across the table from us.
Rio nodded his head and lifted his glass.
"I think this nigga fallin in love." Black joked.
Everyone at the table laughed causing me to blush.
Placing his hand on my thigh under the table he squeezed it gently.
I'm sure he wasn't use to getting this attention from his boys.
"At least she's cute." Black's date chimed in.
"Can we talk about somethin else? Damn." Rio smiled.
"Oh now this nigga wanna talk about somethin' else." The guy across from us joked.
Luckily Doughboy, Megan and his mother walked in when they did taking the attention away from us.
Black turned towards Rio and gave him a wide eye.
Rio smirked while taking another sip from his glass.
"I know this nigga not marrying her." Black mumbled.
His date nudged him signaling him to be quiet.
"I'm sayin' she fucked half the crew and now this nigga tryna wife her?" He questioned more than stated.
Sitting down at the head of the table Doughboy stood to make an announcement.
Glancing around the table I noticed none of Megan's family was here.
"I wanna thank everyone for comin' out tonight to celebrate this special night with me and my lady."
Black loudly cleared his throat before taking a sip of water.
Doughboy and Megan stared at him.
"My fault. Continue."
His date gave him a side eye and Doughboy continued his speech.
Walking into the room with platters the butler's sat plates in front of everyone and by time Doughboy finished talking our plates were filled.
Rio's phone started ringing and looking at the display he stood up from the table.
"Excuse me." He said leaving the room.
My heart pounded because he was leaving me in a room full of strangers.
The only person I was comfortable around was Black.
"What is your name?" Black's date asked.
"Lauren." I said while wiping my mouth with a napkin.
"Did Mario have an emergency?" Doughboy's mother asked.
Placing the napkin onto the table I looked at her.
"I'm not sure."
"Water?" The butler asked as he held his pitcher over an empty cup.
"Sure."
Sitting the cup onto the table I stood up from my seat.
"Ima check on him." I said walking in the direction he left.
As I walked out the room he was putting his phone back into his pocket.
"Is everything okay?"
Sighing he shook his head.
"Somethin' happened wit CJ--."
"Is he okay?"
Doughboy walked into the hallway joining us.
"Everythin' cool my dude?" He asked.
"Nah man, I gotta leave. Some shit just happened wit CJ."
Doughboy's eyes widened.
"Is he cool?"
Rubbing his forehead he shrugged his shoulders.
"It's cool. Go handle that." He said dapping Rio. "Thanks for comin out. I hope all is well."
"Thanks bro."
Doughboy walked us to the door.

Driving to the hospital very little words were exchanged.
Rio looked in deep thought as he pulled into the Children's Hospital parking lot.
Exiting the car we walked into the waiting room. Rio spotted an older white lady and Alaina sitting down.
Making his way over to them the older woman pulled him into a hug.
"How's he doin?" He asked.
Alaina rolled her eyes at me as she stood to her feet.
I couldn't help but notice the way Rio looked her up and down.
"Why did you bring her?"
"Alaina--." The older lady spoke.
"That's what I be talkin bout. You worried bout the wrong shit. Our son in the hospital and you worried about why I brought another girl here wit me--if anythin' you need to be worried about when I see yo boyfriend Reese how ima put a bullet in his ass."
Alaina rolled her eyes.
"What's goin on wit my son?"
"He fell down the steel stairs in the back of the house and busted his head." The older lady spoke.
Turning towards Alaina you could see the rage filling his eyes.
"Y'all wasn't watchin' him?" He yelled. "What the fuck was he doin in the back of the house by his self?"
Alaina interjected.
"You need to calm down."
Rio looked pissed and if we weren't in a public setting I'm sure he would've laid hands on her.
"He needs a blood transfusion. The doctors have to get it from someone of his blood type."
Alaina turned to look at her mother.
"When did they tell you that?"
"I talked to the doctors while you were on the phone outside. " Her mother assured her.
Rio glanced back and forward between the two.
"I'll do it, I'm his daddy."
Taking a seat next to her mother Alaina rubbed her hands through her hair.
"We should let the doctors know." Her mother said as a smile came across her face.
Biting down on her nail Alaina bounced her leg up and down.
"Are you okay?" Her mother asked while placing her hand on her shoulder.
Taking in a deep breath and slowly exhaling she stood to her feet.
"Rio--your not CJ's biological father."
Her mother eyes widened as she looked at her daughter in shock.
"Oh my god Alaina." She said covering her mouth.
I shook my head in disappointment as Rio stared at her with hate in his eyes.
"What did you say?" He asked as he balled his hands into fists.
"I'm sorry Rio but he's not your son." She said halfway in tears.
Alaina's mother stood in front of Rio because she knew what was coming.
"Rio I'm sorry." Alaina apologized again.
Pissed, he shook his head as he walked towards the exit.
Deep down I knew this wasn't over.