Chapter 19

A/N: Be sure to VOTEE!! VOTTEE VOTEE! PLEASE COMMENT AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER AND TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!!
(Make sure you read Chapter 18. I updated two chapters.)

*

Enjoy!!!!

Mario's POV

Lauren stirred in her sleep as I slowly took my arm off of her.
Sliding out of the bed I made sure not to wake her. I didn't expect last night to go the way it did but I was happy to have her back.
I was going to keep my promise and be all about her and our soon-to-be family but first I had to follow through with the plan Glenn put together.
Walking out of the bedroom I took a shower in the downstairs bathroom.
Staying in for about twenty minutes I got out and got dressed.
Going upstairs I walked into the room to find Lauren still asleep.
"Baby." I said slightly shaking her.
Not budging I softly nudged her again.
Slowly opening her eyes she looked at me.
"I gotta make a quick run."
She sat up wrapping the sheet around her breast giving her eyes a chance to focus on me.
"Where?" She frowned.
"Bae, it's gon be quick. I just gotta meet up wit Glenn and I'll be back. I promise."
Sighing she rolled her eyes.
"So we're back to this?"
"After today shorty I'm done--that's my word."
"You promise?" She asked crossing her arms over her chest.
Taking her hand I looked her in the eyes.
"It's my word."
Smiling she kissed my lips.
"I love you." She said resting her forehead on mine.
Standing up from the bed I grabbed my keys from the dresser.
"I love you too shorty--I'll see you later."
Taking a last look at her I left the room leaving the house.
Getting inside the Camaro I pulled from the driveway.
Arriving at the trap I parked the car before going inside the house.
"Yo!" I yelled stepping into the hallway.
One of my workers name Brian walked out into the hall.
"Rio, what up?" He said dapping me.
"Where's Petey?"
Petey was my connect. The guy that's been rockin' with me since I started the game.
"He in the living room." Brian assured me.
Walking into the living room Petey sat on the couch.
"Well if it ain't that nigga Rico Suave." He joked standing to his feet.
Laughing I made my way towards him dapping him.
"How's business?" He asked as he took a seat back onto the couch.
"It's good--I can't complain."
Petey nodded his head as he crossed his leg.
"You called me about a guy that's tryna get put on--is he legit?"
"From what I know he is."
"You ever done business with him?" Petey asked with his eyebrow raised.
Taking in a deep breath I took a seat on the couch across from him.
"He work at the barbershop--that's about it."
Petey sighed.
"I trust you Rio. You've never stirred me wrong so ima meet up with guy. I need him to sell about four kilos of coke."
My eyes widened at his numbers.
"That's a lot of work yo."
Petey laughed.
"That's why I'm hoping you got somebody that has potential because you know how I feel about my time--it is not to be wasted."
Shaking my head in agreement our conversation was interrupted when my phone vibrated with a text.
"Excuse me for a minute Petey."
Pulling my phone out I looked at the display screen to see it was a text from Glenn.
"Hey Rio, it's Serena. I didn't have your number so I'm texting you from Glenn's phone. Meet me at the Resturant we met at. If you need directions text me."
Storing her number into my phone I questioned myself as to why she wanted to meet with me.
"So is this everything?" I asked Petey as I put my phone back into my pocket.
"I guess so." He chuckled. "Tomorrow I'll meet wit yo guy and we can get things rolling."
Standing from the couch we shook hands confirming the deal.
Leaving the house I got back inside the car driving to Riva's Resturant.
"Sir, do you have reservations?" The hostess asked as I walked through the door.
"Nah, I'm meetin' somebody."
Spotting Serena sitting at the bar I walked over towards her.
"It's a little early to be drinkin' ain't it?" I asked taking a seat next to her.
She turned her hazel eyes towards me flashing her perfect teeth.
"I'm glad you came." She said tossing back a drink.
"What you wanted to talk about?"
The bartender walked towards me.
"Can I get you anything?"
"Water is fine." I said dismissing him.
Serena sucked her teeth before taking a sip of her drink.
"I can see your not much of a drinker." She joked.
"Not til after noon--Where's Glenn though?" I asked while taking my glass from the bartender.
"He's still at home asleep." She sighed as she turned her body towards me.
Serena was perfect in all of the right places. Glancing her up and down I returned my eyes back to hers.
Smiling she rested her hands on my legs leaning towards me.
"Rio, I can't let you go through that job with Glenn. He's workin' undercover and is trying to bring down your entire operation. You and Petey are the ones they're after." She whispered. "To put icing on the cake they know you killed Megan. They have an informative name Teddy--there using whatever they can to bring you down."
My eyes widened when she mentioned Teddy's name. I thought I'd killed him too.
"My advice to you is to get your family and get out of here. They're closing in on you." Finishing her drink she returned her empty glass back to the bar.
Standing up from the bar stool she leaned in and kissed my lips.
"Good bye Mario." Sashaying away she left the resturant.
Just when I thought I was getting back on track, shit had to hit the fan.