Chapter 15

A/N: Please comment and vote at the end of the chapter!! Thanks soooo much to everyone who's still reading, voting and commenting! Hopefully everyone will be feeling this chapter as well!

Enjoy!!!!!

*

Rain down girl
Rain down girl
Tonight I got time to make it all better
Tonight I got time to make it all wetter
Rain down girl, baby won't you let it flow
Rain down girl, rain down baby~
KIRKO BANGZ

Standing up from the couch I walked into Nicholas's room instructing Aunt Lo to follow me.
Rio and Roland were too involved in the sports that displayed on the television to see us leave.
"What's wrong?" Aunt Lo asked as she walked into the room folding her arms under her chest.
Taking in a deep breath and preparing myself for our conversation I rubbed my sweaty palms together.
"Aunt Lo, I want to thank you for everythin' you been doin' wit Nicholas." I said looking at her facial expression.
She held a tight smirk across her face.
"But you want to take him with you?" She asked finishing the question.
Hesitantly I nodded my head in agreement.
"I want him to get to know his real mother--no offense to you." I said directing my attention to the floor.
"Honey--." Aunt Lo started to say until Rio walked into the room interrupting us.
"Y'all good?" He asked as he made his way over to Nicholas's bed.
"Well, we were talkin'." Aunt Lo frowned.
Rio held his hands up in a surrendering position.
"My fault." He smiled showing his perfect set of teeth causing Aunt Lo to let down her guard.
"I guess we'll finish this conversation later." She assured me raising her eyebrow.
Nodding my head in agreement she walked out of the room but not before smacking Rio on his back.
He laughed out loud as she mumbled something to him.
Rio motion me to come towards him taking me into his arms.
His hands rested on my lower back as I laid my head in the crook of his neck inhaling his cologne.
"You okay?" He asked.
Exhaling a deep breath I shook my head no.
"I was going to ask Aunt Lo about taking Nicholas." I said breaking away from his hold to see his facial expression.
His eyebrows raised as he looked at me.
"Really?"
Nodding my head he took a look at a sleeping Nicholas before returning his attention back towards me.
"Ight."
Smiling I gently grabbed his face while bringing my lips to his.
Excitement filled me hearing that he was all for it.
Pulling away before the kiss went any further Rio lightly grabbed my hand trying to pull me back towards him.
"No." I laughed.
I could see the lust in his eyes.
"Why not?" He asked licking his lips.
"My son is in here and my Aunt is in the next room."
"What that mean?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
Pulling away from him I walked out of Nicholas's room joining Roland and Aunt Lo in the living room.
"I think you taking Nicholas would be a good idea." Roland said with confidence as I took a seat on the couch.
Glancing at Aunt Lo I noticed her eyes held tears.
"I'm not ready for him to leave." She managed to choke out.
Roland directed his attention towards her.
"Lolita, it's time he go with his mother. Let Lauren be the good parent we know she will be to her son."
Rio walked into the room taking a seat on the couch next to me.
"True." He said agreeing with Roland while wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
Aunt Lo wiped away the tears that were now streaming down her cheeks.
"Give me until Friday." She begged.
Roland let out an annoyed sigh.
"Lo--."
"No, it's fine." I said cutting him off. "I'll give you until Friday."
Aunt Lo smiled as she stood to her feet hugging me.
"I know you'll be a good mother." She whispered before pulling out of the hug. "I'll have all his things packed by then." She assured me.
Friday was three days away and I already couldn't wait.
Part of me felt she was going to be flaky.
Glancing at Rio I could sense he was becoming restless.
"We're gonna go." I said hugging Aunt Lo once more and then Roland.
Pulling away from the hug Roland turned towards Rio dapping him.
"Thanks for comin' by. It was good seeing you."
"Make sure you stop by the shop." Rio said seriously to him.
"If my schedule allow me to, I will."
Rio nodded and made his way towards the front door.
Aunt Lo followed stopping on the front porch.
Turning back around I waved at her one last time before pulling the keys from my purse.
"You want me to drive?" Rio offered holding his hand out for the keys.
Not in the mood for driving I passed him the keys while making my way to the passenger's side.
Slipping into the car my body immediately sunk into the cushioned seats.
Starting the car he connected his iPhone to the music dock.
Jagged Edge's "Promise" softly played through the speakers setting the mood.
Pulling out of the parking spot Rio rested his hand on my thigh gently squeezing it to get my attention.
"You ight?" He asked glancing from the road at me.
Sighing I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I don't think she's gonna give me Nicholas."
I could feel a lump forming in the back of my throat.
The thought made me emotional.
"What you mean?" He asked.
"You saw how she was actin when I asked her." I said glancing out the window. "She's not ready for him to leave yet--give her til Friday."
I wiped the tears from my eyes as they fell.
"Why did you tell her okay?" He frowned.
"What else was I going to say?"
He took in a deep breath before slowly exhaling.
"Don't think like that." He said wiping away my tears. "Everythin gon work out." He assured me.
Hearing him say that gave me confidence.
I just hoped he was right.
Pulling into the driveway and parking we got out of the truck making our way inside the house.
Dropping the house keys on the table in the foyer Rio walked into the living room.
It felt good to be home. I could hear the bed calling my name.
Walking upstairs towards the bedroom I slipped out of my clothes climbing into the bed pulling the covers over my head.
Rio walked into the room turning the light off before joining me.
Straddling over me he took the covers off of my head before wrapping my legs around his waist.
"You sleep?" He asked as he kissed my chest.
"No." I smiled.
Bringing his lips to mine his hands roamed my body.
I could feel my juices flowing at his touch.
"Good." He smirked while kissing down my body.
Enjoying every moment he slipped my panties off of me before diving in.
I loved the wonders he worked with his tongue.
Biting down on my bottom lip I let him have his way with me.

***

In the morning I woke up to an empty bed.
Remembering the nights events I smiled to myself as I stood from the bed walking into the bathroom to shower.
Taking a long shower I cut the water off stepping out of the tub.
Without having a chance to dry off completely the doorbell rung causing me to toss on anything.
Slipping into a pair of yoga pants and a fitted shirt I went downstairs.
Opening the door my eyes landed on Black.
"Hey?" I questioned more than stated.
"What's up." He said making his way inside the house closing the door behind him. "Rio told me to wait for him here." He assured me making his way into the living room.
"For what?" I asked as I followed.
"He needed to talk." He said shrugging his shoulders.
Taking a seat on the couch he pulled his phone from his pocket scrolling through the screen.
"You look nice." He said briefly glancing at me.
Looking down at my clothes I frowned at the yellow shirt I paired with the grey yoga pants.
He couldn't be serious.
"Did he tell you where he was at?" I asked disregarding his comment.
He uh--." Black rubbed his hands over his waves. "He had to make a business run."
Shaking my head I sat down on the couch next to him.
"You straight?" He asked noticing my frustration.
"I'm good."
"You sure?" He questioned. "You know you can talk to me about anythin'."
Letting out an annoyed sigh I directed my attention towards him.
"He don't get it--those streets gon be the death of him." I snapped.
Sitting back on the couch Black made himself comfortable.
"You sound like his OG." He laughed.
"I'm serious."
He chuckled again before getting his laughter under control.
"Rio gon do what he wanna do Ma--I commend you for stickin' by him cause any other girl would've been left him."
"Why don't he see it that way?" I asked.
Black's facial expression became serious.
"Why YOU don't see it that way? Why stick around for somebody that don't have any intentions in changing."
Knowing where this conversation was going I stood to my feet and Black gently grabbed my wrist.
"Where you goin?"
"This not right." I said pulling away from him.
"All I'm sayin is Rio don't know what he got and if you were mine you wouldn't be feeling like this."
Not wanting this conversation to go any further I distanced myself from him.
"You need to leave." I said walking towards the stairs.
Black shook his head as he began walking towards the foyer.
My eyes widened as Rio walked through the door.
"B, what up." He said dapping Black. "You was bout to go?"
"Yea."
"Nigga, I told you I was on my way back." Rio said signaling Black back into the living room.
Carrying a duffle he dropped it on the floor.
Part of me knew Black had a point about Rio changing but coming onto his best friend's girlfriend was out of line.
Contemplating on if I should tell him about Black I walked into the bedroom taking a seat on the bed.
"You good?" Rio asked as he walked into the room interrupting my thoughts.
"Yeah." I said softly.
An unsure look came across his face as he looked at me.
"You sure?" He asked again not buying my answer.
Putting on a forced smile I looked at him.
"I'm fine." I said more believable this time.
He walked towards the closet removing a duffle identical to the duffle that sat downstairs.
"I thought we were done wit this." I stated referring to "the game"
Sighing he looked at me.
"It's not that easy shorty--especially bein this high up in the game. I'm tryna make sure we're straight for life." He said walking over towards me planting a kiss on my forehead.
Not buying his reasoning I decided to drop the subject.
Leaving out of the room he walked back downstairs.
The Black situation ate at me as I tried to make a decision of telling Rio or not.

***

Pulling a pair of jeans over my hips that didn't quite fit the same way it did when I first bought it I walked over towards the body length mirror.
"Mario!" I yelled.
Turning to the side I examined how I looked in them before bending over to tie my shoes.
Walking into the room he snapped his watch onto his wrist while walking over towards me.
"Sup?" He asked grabbing a handful of the butt cheek.
Standing up to face him I frowned.
"I'm gettin fat." I complained and he laughed.
"You trippin' shorty." He said walking off. "You better not be cramming my baby into those clothes." He joked. "How long it's gon be til you ready?"
Rolling my eyes I finger combed my hair while grabbing my purse from the dresser.
"I'm ready." I said sighing.
Rio wanted to go to Chillis for dinner because he had a taste for ribs.
I was the one pregnant and I swear he was getting all of the cravings.
Walking out to the car he opened the passenger's door as I slipped into the front seat.
After making sure I was in safely he closed the door before walking around towards the driver's side getting in.
The entire ride to the Resturant I couldn't stop thinking about how Black acted earlier.
Debating with myself I came to the conclusion of telling Rio about today's events over dinner.
Pulling into the parking lot he found a park and we stepped from the car.
Making our way into the Resturant we were immediately seated.
Shortly after our waiter walked over towards us with the menus.
My eyes scanned the Resturant seeing it was fairly empty.
"Welcome to Chillis, I'll be your waiter Andrew." He said placing the menus in front of us. "What can I start you off with beautiful?"
Rio narrowed his eyes at him.
Flipping through the menu I glanced at the appetizers.
"Um--I'm not sure." I said scanning the menu. "Baby, you know what you wanna get?" I asked looking at Rio.
"Get what you want."
"Take your time sexy. I got all night." Andrew flirted.
"Yo, my dude--you don't see me sittin' here." Rio snapped.
I couldn't believe this waiter was flirting with me while Rio was sitting here.
"Excuse me?" He asked turning towards to Rio. "Did you say you were ready to order?"
Rio chuckled.
"You real funny but it won't be a joke when I kick yo fuckin' teeth down yo throat."
"Baby." I said trying to get Rio to calm down.
The look on Andrew's face turned from smirking to frightened.
"I'll just order the mini burger bites."
"Onions, ranc--."
"Everything." I said cutting him off.
Cautiously he turned towards Rio.
"What about you?" He asked with attitude while raising his eyebrow.
Rio slightly shook his head before he stood up grabbing him around the collar.
"Dawg, I was only bullshittin." Andrew pleaded.
"You must haven't heard about me." Rio spoke through gritted teeth.
Managers and other workers ran over towards us.
"I'm sorry sir." Andrew begged.
Rio's light brown eyes turned red with rage.
His vein bulged through the side of his neck.
"I'm sorry." Andrew said again before Rio released his hold on him.
"Is everything okay?" The manager asked as she walked up.
"We good Tamara." Andrew said dismissing her but not taking his eyes off of Rio.
His chest heaved up and down as the look of terror never left his face.
Smoothing out the wrinkles in his shirt Rio took a seat back in the booth.
"I'm switching your table." The manager said to Andrew before walking off.
He didn't waste anytime following her.
"My fault shorty." Rio finally spoke.
Turning back to face him before I could speak my eyes landed on Tania as she walked over to us.
Rolling her eyes she stopped at our table before pulling the notepad from her apron.
Today just wasn't a good day. I thought to myself.
"You can't be serious." Rio mumbled.
Shaking my head we both stood up from the booth.
"Lauren wait." Tania said stopping me.
"I'll be in the car." Rio assured me before walking off.
Stopping in my tracks I looked at her.
"What?"
"I'm so sorry." She apologized. "I let somethin' so childish come between us."
"I'm not accepting that--your fuckin family drugged me." I snapped.
"I swear I didn't have anything to do with that."
"Why should I believe you?" I frowned.
She held her head down and I turned to leave.
"You were my only friend and now Megan is missin'--." Tears formed in her eyes. "I just want us to go back to how we were."
Dismissing the conversation I walked out of the Resturant not looking back.
I was going to need time to think about if it was really worth calling her a friend again.
Opening the truck door the sounds of Omarion's "Say Don't Go" played as I got in closing the door behind me.
Rio's head rested on the headrest with his eyes closed.
"Are you okay?"
Slowly lifting his head he turned to face me.
"What did she say to you?"
"She apologized."
Rio chuckled as he shook his head.
"I guess--my fault for makin' a scene back there but I would kill a nigga over you." He said resting his hand on my thigh.
Suddenly telling him about Black felt like a horrible idea.
Placing my hand on top of his I gave him a reassuring smile.
Starting the car he pulled from the parking lot.
Settling for McDonalds we went home spending the rest of the night together.

***

Waking up it was finally Friday and my heart pounded against my chest at the thought of Nicholas coming home with me.
Rio walked into the room fully dressed walking towards the mirror brushing down his hair.
"I gotta make a run to the shop." He said looking at me through the mirror.
"You know today is Friday." I informed him while climbing out of the bed. "We're suppose to get Nicholas."
"That's right now?" He asked raising his eyebrow.
Rolling my eyes I crossed my arms over my chest.
"Ight, get dressed and we'll go now."
Smirking I walked into the bathroom starting my daily routines.
Finishing up I walked out of the bathroom dressed and ready.
"That's the fastest you ever got ready." He joked while grabbing his keys and leaving out of the room.
Moments later we pulled up to Aunt Lo's house.
A bad feeling came over me the closer we got to the house.
"You okay?" Rio asked sensing my nervousness.
"Somethin' don't feel right."
He looked at me and smirked.
"Don't start over reacting." He laughed as he rung the doorbell.
I could feel the sweat as it dripped down my hands.
My heartbeat was so fast I could hear it pounding against my chest.
The wind blew and I still felt hot and it was a nice day outside.
Opening the door my fears became reality when my eyes met my father's.
"I heard you was gonna be here today." He said smirking.

________________________________________

Comment & let me know what your thinking about this chapter...What's your thoughts on Lauren's Aunt Lo? Should Lauren forgive Tania? What's up wit Black tho??? Could he be right about Rio?