Ange

12 Years Later...

"You're kidding me, right?"

Eating my garlic chicken with my mouth agape, I was slowly losing my appetite as Lucifiel, the name I like to use on Lucifer, began to narrate his little outings in the Red Light district while Ke$ha's Tick Tock was blasting at full volume, and, I denounce that it's my music choice here.

Contrary to popular belief, Lucifer is lucid only when he needs to be. His choice in music will prove it for one. Sure, he's the golden-eyed Blondie that stops everyone in their tracks, but, that didn't stop frustration and bewilderment from hugging me whenever he talked.

"I'm just saying," he reasoned in a dramatically desperate tone, "my c -"

"Fiel," I interjected, using one of the nicknames I had out for him, "I'm eating here. And, as much as I love you, brother dear, hearing about your sex life is the last thing on my list."

"We're not really related related," he piped. "Besides, I need an ear to listen to my woes."

I rose up from the cheap wooden table situated in the middle of the office, making my stool scrape against the floor as I threw my food in the trash bin located near Uriel's desk. I did a U-turn towards the kitchen and called back, "Call a therapist, then."

Sometimes, being the reincarnation of Anariel, the water guardian, sucked balls.

Yep, you heard that right. Who knew that Hinduism had some truth, eh? Well, according to what my 'brothers' told me, I was her. The ability to conjure water, the glowing azure eyes when powers were  activated, the pale skin and the bluish black hair we're the few of the indicators they told me about. And, just like me, they had a purpose on earth.

The five of them were tasked to be my guardians as I grew to master my abilities. In every reincarnation, they looked for me, hoping that I would mature out of the loophole God found in His law book. Since I usually spiral haywire due to my inability to be calm at finding out about my abilities, Fiel said that they we're lucky to find me at the age of five to avoid the worst death anyone could possibly experience with loose powers: self-combustion.

Where was I right now? Well, I'm working at Lucifer's agency called Ange, an agency that solves supernatural crime, kinda like Devil May Cry and the anime Ghost Hunt if you ask me. We we're located in a two-storey building coated in pastel white on the outside walls. Coming inside, you'll see the walls were of cream white with imitations of famous works by famous artists like Van Gogh and Picasso. The ground floor, from where I'm standing at, was the main office. Five tables, excluding the dining/meeting ones, were spread in three corners. From the entrance, the left side held Michael's and Uriel's, which was near the culinary section, while on the right held Raphael's and mine's. The one between mine and Uriel's was Lucifer's, where a door was situated on his left side that led to a set of stairs. The stairs led to the second floor where our rooms were located, arranged and coordinated through age and favorite color.

Lucifer, or Fiel, as what I preferred to call him, served as the main head of operations. He planned and created our strategies while going Leroy Jenkins on us when he felt like it, which was always. Mike, or Michael, was our offense lead. He does things more kinesthetically and did practical investigations. Gabriel, in contrast with Mike, preferred reading and did the investigations through paperwork. Raph, or Raphael, loved being the medic while Uriel did the financing.

Me? I'm just the purifier or the excorcist. Apparently, that was one of my Godgiven gifts.

A loud stumping could be heard from above. When the door beside Fiel's desk opened, Mike came out, his grey shirt dipping over to his left due to it's size. He was practically the shortest male in the family, Fiel being 6'3 to his 5'6 and to my 5'2.

"Morning," was all he said. Walking to the kitchen, he did a double take at the trash bin, muttering, "What a waste of finite sources."

I grumbled and eyed him back mercilessly, "You wouldn't say that if Fiel decides to narrate his story about his you-know-what." I added remorsely, "Still, that was one good chicken."

Fiel decided to insert his green tongue here with a grin. "Hmmm, someone likes her cock."

During that time, Mike was drinking his bottle of spring water and choked out small disgusting droplets. It was followed by a blank expression as his eyes zeroed in towards Fiel. I slowly count down in my head.

3...

2...

1...

As expected, Mike threw a smack on Fiel's head.

"Hey!!!" Fiel began in his childish attitude. "Shown your elders some respect!!! That hurt." He rubbed his head in pain. As expected from the Soldier of God.

Mike, despite his height, exuded a frightening aura, which he threw at Fiel with a very dark expression. "For your information, age doesn't matter if one doesn't have what we call maturity. And stop trying to corrupt Mizuki's mind!!!"

Mizuki was my human name.

"I wasn't!!!" Fiel whined.

Mike turned his head to me, giving me his cover-your-ears expression. I followed suit as words came out of their mouth. Since I covered my ears, I could only make out words such as 'duck' and 'witch'. They were mostly from Fiel, as far as I'm concerned.

Well, this was just another day in my family.

While most people hate being babied, I enjoyed it a lot, especially with Mike. I loved how gentle he was with me, always trying to keep Fiel from handling me a platter of headache. That was why, if asked, I say Mike was my favorite older brother despite him only being the second eldest.

Team Mike for the win!!!

...Enough of that. For now, I had one big ginourmous question: Where the freak were the other two?

*OK, so, Luci might come across as the man child in the group, diverting from the usual Lucifer we see. And, he's part of the good side who has major sister complex. He'll get better. ♪v(⌒o⌒)v♪