Unveiled Truth

Raph was nervously looking out of the window as I waited for their verdict. Lucifer busied himself by placing a sign in front of our office that called off today's job. Jibrel busied himself by trying to rub my back. Among all my brothers, he was the most approachable one in a none sexual way, so, I was quite okay with that. Mike had a weird, out of this realm expression on his face, which Jibrel told me to ignore and just stay quiet for the time being. Uriel though, remained the stagnant impassive guy he was.

All in all, among all of my brothers, Uriel's position seemed to be of pure nonchalance.

Also, things couldn't get any worse.

"Anything?" Jibrel's gentle voice inquired.

"No," Mike deadpanned, making me realize that he snapped from the trance he was under in. "He is not answering. This could mean that something is blocking our communication with Father."

"Pfft," Fiel scoffed. "He's the All-Power Ever-Knowing God. He will answer when he un-lazies Himself."

There was bitterness in his voice that made my heart clench for him.

"Now, now," Jibrel reasoned wisely. "Now's not the time to bicker like children. We have other important matters to discuss." He placed his eyes on me, making me squirm a bit in my chair.

Mike huffed, raking his already messy waves of red curls in frustration. "But," he added uncertainly, looking at Jibrel imploringly with tired eyes, "I want you to tell her. You were there, though a bystander as the wars between...us happened. She need not hear any biases from me."

And Lucifer, was the unsounded bitterness.

There and then, it was as if both Fiel and Mike aged over a millenium, theit eyes cold and untrusting.

Jibrel let out a sigh. Turning his warm eyes to me, he asked, "Anariel, sweetie...what do you know of the Heavenly War?"

"Only from what I read in the texts you gave me," I replied in a near whisper with a quiver in my voice. "Raph never ellaborates, always saying that it was never his story to tell."

"He is right," Jibrel amended, "And right now, you will hear what really happened. I want you to listen closely, for you play a huge part in this."

My spine tingled at his words.

Jibrel took my hand, and I was thrusted into the past which beguiled me from the moment I knew of my true heritage.

†.†.†

The transition to the memory was smooth. It was as if the wind carried itself to me, making me fly into the air. The moment our feet touched the ground, I surveyed the surroundings.

One word eclipsed my mind: beautiful.

The ground was filled with the darkest soil and greenest grass you could see. They were filled with different flowers of different colors and scents. The trees were tall with flowers and fruits themselves. The wind was fresh, carrying the scents of the plants and the sky was purely crystal blue with white clouds.

"Where are we?" I asked.

He replied wistfully, "Heaven, our home."

He led me through the fields quickly, heightening my curiosity even more. I saw people with immaculate beauty, but, no one could match up to Lucifiel, that's for sure.

Then, we came upon a plain with thousands of what I could gather were high ranking angels. They were surrounding seven angels, of which of the five I recognized.

"That's you," he pointed.

I gasped at my heavenly appearance. I was wearing my hair loosely, with a few strands tied together to halt my bangs from covering my face. It was deep black with neon blue highlights. My lips were of deep blue and my eyes were of the same color as I now had. My dress was made of satin with a few beads that served as my sleeves. These beads, when you look closer, were made of fine shells.

My brothers wore their respective armor. Luci's were of golden color as bright as the sun; Mike's was of crimson; Jibrel's was a darker blue compared to mine; Uriel's was of deep purple.

"Is it sad for me to say that you all look hot in ancient armor?" I asked.

Jibrel laughed and replied, "You used to run around in them, and Mike and Azariel would have scolded you."

"Who?"

"Your twin," he pointed towards the angel beside my past who resembled every physical aspect of me except for the gender and height. He was towering, around Uriel's 6'1 and wore a brooding expression.

What caught my attention, though, was the angel standing beside Mike. Crimson eyes caught my attention. His hair was jet black, swept neatly to one side like a very modern pompodour, somewhat spiked, and his jaw was manly squared and well-formed. His skin was pale, and he towered over me, closely to Fiel's height.

"Who's he?" I pointed at the said angel.

"Watch," was all he said.

We walked closer until we started hearing the heated conversation between parties.

"Luce," my past begged in frustration, saying it as Lu-che, "You can't possibly do this!!!"

Fiel's eyes glared daggers at her. They were cold and angry, something I never saw in him before in my current lifetime.

"YOU BETRAY ME, ANA? ME, THE ONE WHO ADORED YOU ABOVE ALL THE WEAKLINGS YOUR KIND IS?!!!"

My past cowered behind her twin, who was already protecting her from his wrath.

"Lucifer," the mystery angel spoke.

Luci turned to face him. Both shared a look as he approached my past self.

"Don't you dare!!!" Azariel bellowed.

"Ana," mystery angel cooed. "Please understand. Father betrayed us by siding with Jesus," he sneered the name. "We have no choice but to rebel at this act of treason."

I watched my past interact with this guy. Tears slowly formed at the brim of her eyes as she said, "I don't believe this. Mikhail was right."

"Mikhail?" I looked at Jibrel, lost.

Jibrel chuckled. "You always had the knack of giving nicknames."

Satisfied with the answer, I turned back to the scene unfolding in front of me, curiosity winning me over.

Mike's past turned to my past and draped her in a gentle hug.

In the mean time, mystery angel was fuming with anger. His eyes were ablazed, and his expression was condemning.

"Michael this, Michael that," he spat. "Always the Warrior."

"I am her older brother, after all," he said smugly.

Before mystery guy could say or do anything, Luci's voice boomed out. "Enough! Sariel, let us depart." He turned his gaze towards the crowd and went on, "For those of you who felt the injustice, you may follow us. We are the superior race. Human sympathy is blasphemy."

Almost half of the crowd followed. Some murmured along the way; others looked torn and uncertain.

"What. A. D-"

Jibrel covered my mouth, stopping the word from spilling out. Making sure that I was no longer fuming, he waited until my shoulders were relaxed. In letting my mouth go, though, I just stated, "I knew that there was something wonky about Fiel."

Jibrel shook his head. "Come on." He waved a hand in the air, and the scenery instantly shifted. "We now move to the memory after the war."