Glowing In the Dark (Not Literally)

Sitting in front of my five brothers for three hours ticked me to no end.

"The red dress is too short," Mike fumed.

"It does reveal her curves," Fiel grinned.

Well, Mike was right. The dress rode mid-thigh. It was a simple, shimmering off-shoulder that I got from a cheap surplus shop for $2.75. I wore my black knee-length boots with an additional four-inch wedge that looked as if I tied the shoelaces surreptitiously, unless you saw the zipper on the sides. I left my wavy hair the way it was, lazy to tie the messy waves. My eyes were powdered with a Smokey pink-red color with a light amount of eyeliner. My lips were with a hint of light pink and my cheeks were well-powdered with a pink hint of blush.

In Fiel's words, it was a 'fuck me' outfit.

"Honestly, you guys are being too immature about this," Raph butted in. "We are practically doing this to get the vampire's attention. Riel is the perfect bait."

"No," Mike insisted angrily.

"She's a fucking angel, for crying out loud," Fiel fumed. "She can protect herself from danger. She's proven that during the previous cases we had when she killed a psychopathic werewolf with one stab and shit."

Mike stormed out of the office. You could hear him stumping and slamming doors, followed by a couple of things breaking.

My breathing came out shakily with every glass that shattered upstairs.

"It's alright," Jibrel rubbed my back soothingly. "He's just having a hard time with accepting the fact that you're growing up. He loves you too much.

"Anyway," Jibrel said on a lighter note, "here." A pouch with some straps were given to me. Looking at my remaining brothers, Fiel explained, "That's a phone strap. You're supposed to put it underneath your thighs. There's also one for weapons."

I checked the black pouch and nodded, seeing what he was talking about. I rushed for the back part of Mike's table, attaching the straps and came out feeling happy that it his my cellphone properly.

"Carrie said she's up ahead," Uriel spoke blandly.

Since when were they chummy with first names?

The other three seemed busy with something else as Fiel threw his key with a warning. "Scratch my baby and you'll see why I'm called the Prince of Hell."

I laughed while Uriel rolled his eyes.

The drive was a bit slow. Though Uriel loved the speed Fiel usually drove in, some officers were patrolling the paths. It tool us thirty minutes to arrive at the said club.

The crowd instantly parted for us due to Uriel's powerful aura and towering height. After a few talks here and there, the bouncer let us in, until I used compulsion to cobince him that I was not underaged.

If the outside looked fantastic, the inside looked even more amazing. Walls were lined with beautiful neon lights. There were different tables made of steel where some teens were already drinking the night away. There was a center stage where different colored lights reflected off from the disco ball hanging at the center. On top of that, bodies of people were dancing and grinding against each other. Some were vampires, others were humans or if other species.

A woman in a tight dress walked up to us. I nearly burned with envy until I realized that it was none other than Carrie, dressed in a one shouldered sparkling outfit with deadly, strapped Gibi stilettos of charcoal grey.

"I thought your back out," she smirked.

For some reason, I felt an unnerving sexual tension between the two.

"Carrie," he smiled, gulping. "This is my sister."

Noticing me, I flashed her an evil grin, which she returned with a frown of disdain.

"Hello, Car-star."

"Zuuki," she sighed.

I hugged her tightly. When she didn't respond, I demanded, "Hug me back."

She let out another sigh, following my orders.

"Now, can we do our jobs?" She asked, irate.

I pulled away, still with a grin on my face.

"Okay, captains," I chirped. "I'll leave you two love birds. I'll go look around."

I didn't wait for a response. Instead, I went for the bar, where a brunette bartender stood, her movements a bit shaky.

Commanding my water, I willed the liquid in her body to wash away her fatigue. Her shaking instantly fell, making her eyes dart around nervously. Spotting me, I waved at her. She walked towards me with a small smile.

"It was you, wasn't it?" She placed a drink in front of me. I looked at her in confusion before she said, "It's plain watermelon-strawberry drink. It's on the house as a thank you."

I smiled back at her. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but my brothers always told me to never refuse free food." I took a sip and liked the sweet tang of the juice.

For a while, I drank the juice until it was empty. I actually frowned at not realizing how it was gone before I could completely enjoy it.

I raised my hand for the bartender to approach, and she already slid a glass towards me. I raised my eyebrows, in which she replied with raised hands in surrender, "It was not me, but that hot guy over there." She pointed at her right, and I nearly stilled if it weren't for my feet walking towards the guy unconsciously. It was too late for me to realize it when I was already in front of him, my drink still in hand.

"Hello, Mizuki," Adrean smiled, his British drawl all over me in an instant. He was wearing a Polo the way my brothers did. His was in black with a silk necktie, decorated with a skull on the bottom.

I sipped my beverage and replied, "Adrean. Why are you here?"

Mike's warning of not accepting anything from strangers flew away at the savory flavor.

He smiled secretively. "Take a guess."

I laughed. "Have mercy on me. I suck at those kinds of games."

"Then you have to find out yourself." He took the glass from my hand, placing it on the counter. Without delay, he slid me to the dance floor.

"What are you -"

He went away for a bit. He was back pretty quickly with a huge smile on his face.

The beat changed into something, and he pulled me close to his body.

The lyrics, I recognized. It was one of my favorite songs by Ryan McArtan and Dove Cameron in their band, The Girl and the Dreamcatcher called Glowing in the Dark.

What was more surprising was when Adrean started singing the lyrics in my ear in a soft tone that was carried over the noise, his voice surprisingly good.

"You know how I get when the sun goes down
How it feels when no one's around..."

When the song ended, I was sweating. My hair was damp while my skin felt sticky, but it was the good type of sticky.

"You were incredible," he smiled at me.

He pulled me back into the bar, ordering me one of those juices.

"Where did you learn how to dance like that?" He asked.

I smiled. "I always asked my brothers to buy me movies of dancing films. Step-Up was one of them, but, I learned most by watching music videos."

"What are your favorite bands?" He asked.

I smiled even more. "Halestorm is among the few to Breaking Benjamin and 嵐."

He frowned. "A-ra what?"

"A-ra-shi," I said. "A Japanese boy band."

We went talking for a bit until his phone rang. He smiled at me apologetically, taking the call and then leaving me yo my own devices.