Detective Kickass

X-THREE could be described in one word: snub.

You could feel the heavy tension between teens, trying to enter the unrealistically ostentatious club. From my vantage point, I could see girls dressed in skimpy outfits and guys looking too obnoxious in overly styled, rooster-like hair and eat studs with gigantic bling a dings.

Now, if I were one of those girls, Mike would have sent me to a convent a long time ago...not that he didn't try.

Moving on from that, we went between the said night club and a building that seemed to scream business in capital letters. There, we found the NYPD. They're officially the police for most crime scenes, but, ever since the world of supernaturals sans Angels and Demons were revealed, our agency had been included when it came to solving crimes. Heck, business always boomed because of that.

Actually, other people tried making the same company as us prior to our establishment, but, they didn't have the angelic charisma. Wink, wink.

History of our business aside, Fiel's car parked a few feet away from the police cars. We followed suit and converged.

"Who would want to drain a vampire?" Raph asked with suspicion.

I replied, "Valentine Morgenstern."

All five of my brothers looked at me.

Well, Lucifer the Morningstar could be translated to Morgenstern, but, I'm talking about a fictional bad guy with sexy silver hair and jet black eyes whose probably older than me in my mortal years.

I gave them a look of nonchalance, walking towards the scene of the crime.

There were those yellow with black striped plastic tape that warned the people of an investigation. Surreptitiously, I knelt and swayed into the war zone, avoiding the paparazzis with flashy cameras.

The first thing that whipped me was the aura. An angel had been here, and it felt as if this angel suddenly disintegrated.

Wait, how did I know that?

A robotic voice of a female spoke in my head. "New ability unlocked."

Ignoring my self-talk, I watched and observed the crime scene. A beautifully pale vampire was lying on the ground, his blonde hair askew. His clothes were ragged, and he did look drained. There was  no pool of blood, but I could tell that this was no ordinary death. You see, when a vampire is killed through staking, the typical bursting into flames occured. This guy just looked as if Casper had it in for him. With his blood.

I walked closer to the body. I felt saddened by his death, and I somehow knew that I could have been friends with him. He was pretty good looking.

In close up, I could see the details of his clothing. He wore an ordinary checked polo shirt of blue and green with dark sleeved undershirt that seemed to be in the color of navy blue. His pants were khaki brown and wore ordinary running shoes, meaning, he was of low blood. A noble or high born would have gone for Armani or whatnot.

Rich bastards.

I checked through the collar, kneeling down on the ground for abcloser view. There were no indications that he was bitten, so, being killed by his own kind was out of the question.

"He looked as if he struggled," Raph spoke behind me. He proceeded to kneel where I was and went on, "I could sense a bruise somewhere around..." he felt for the arm and nodded. "He was roughed up."

"A case of bullying?" Jibrel pondered.

"He was drained," I said. "It can't be just that."

"Who could have done such a thing?" I asked out loud, not liking the situation at all.

"We probably need someone to look into this further," I heard Fiel muse, knowing what he meant.

Jibrel instantly replied, "On it," when someone shadowed me, asking in a cold voice, "Do you have a permit?"

I looked up in awe at the girl in front of me. She was probably in her early twenties with sandy blonde hair and strong hazel brown eyes. She looked like from a Victorian movie, with a beautiful European jaw. Her upper lip was slim while her lower lip was somehow full. She was dressed in a dark brown blazer with matching pants and an inner pink tank top. Her shoes were black ballet flats that formed firmly around her feet. She was probably around Mike's height.

I heard someone whistle, followed by Fiel saying, "Hello, beautiful."

She ignored Fiel and asked again, "Do you have a permit?"

"Permit to be charmed by you?" Raph asked in his sultry voice that made me want to vomit.

Luckily, Jibrel stepped in. "Pardon me, miss, but, we are from Ange."

"I know," she smiled tightly. "What I'm asking is whether you have a permit to investigate on this site. Whether you're Ange members or not, it is protocol to have a permit to search through venues and evidences that are clearly lacking right now."

Why was this stuck-up attitude so familiar all of a sudden...?

"Look here, babe," Fiel began, "I actually don't care about your job, but we're doing ours." He placed a left hand on her right shoulder, continuing snobbishly, "So, why don't you hightail -"

I watched in amazement as she grabbed his hand and twisted it. Using his own weight against him, the girl twisted the arm even more until Fiel was lying on the ground on his stomach, his arm still behind him.

Though other officers witnessed waht she did, none dared to interfere. The older cops looked more amused than anything else.

"That's Private Investigator Carrie Almeswith to you," she jibed. Turning to one of my brothers, she pointed her finger at him, "You, the tall and brooding one."

We all turned to Uriel, whose eyes were wide. He was visibly surprised, to say the least. He was visibly shaking. Though a mere human, she had the vibe that practically warnd people to never mess with her.

Pointing to himself, the girl asked, "Who else in this location could be as tall as you, dumb shit?"

"Hey -," Jibrel tried to calm her down, but was completely shot out out of the picture with a look from PI Carrie.

"From what I could see," she carried on, her jaw and eyes tight, "you looked more mature than the rest of this world combined. Control these monkeys and stay out of my way." She walked away, her graceful movements left our jaws slack.

"I...like her," I stated. "...a lot."

"She insulted me," Fiel whined. "Please, let me skillet her into American barbeque."

"Samael Lucifer the Morningstar," Mike warned.

Then I remembered.

"Oh!!!" I exclaimed.

Everyone panicked, asking me about my exclamation.

I said calmly, "I remember now. She was an assitant junior deputy in the police force two years ago."

"And you know this because...?" Mike asked skeptically.

"I was nearly sent to juvie for drunk driving and cracking NYPD and FBI jokes," I said with a blank expression.

Mike rubbed his head while Fiel and Raph snickered, saying, "Alright. That's it. No more alone time with Lucifer."

Jibrel tried to hold back his laughter, only to reveal a soft chuckle.

"You're one tough woman, Riel," Jibrel laughed.