Sariel

My feet never landed into that memory. Instead, I was whipped out of it forcefully.

I was thrown off the chair I was sitting on, my back hitting against the wall. Pain instantly registered. In response, my body hunched over as I let out a yell of pain.

I couldn't really register anything that was happening. White spots were dancing around my eyes while my breathe heaved. Up, down, up, down...

Arms encircled me in a gentle embrace, lifting me slowly from the ground.

"She's not yours to claim!!!" Mike's voice rang out through my haze.

"She was always mine, even before you turned her against me! And you! After everything, you decided to side with them!"

Luci's voice rang out cautiously, "Sariel, you cannot harm her. She's still in her mortal shell. She's fucking fragile, for Hell's sakes!!!"

Okay. I was slowly regaining my footing here.

Sariel? That name sounded familiar...

I blinked twice to clear my head. Now fully awake, I felt someone draw me close against something solid. Warm, yet solid. Turning around, I instantly was repelled at the sight of the person before me.

Darkness...he was so dark. His eyes were of deep crimson with cat-like irises. His hair was swept back from his face with few traces of bangs covering a huge scar near his right eyebrow. Two horns protruded from his head, with one broken off at his left. His skin was of ash grey as his eyes darted to me with familiarity.

I quivered in fear.

The creature chuckled and draped a strand of hair behind my ear. "Anariel..."

"No!" I yelled, pushing him away. I just didn't expect my hand to have done some damage, though. In that instant, a light if neon blue glowed in my palms, and the scent of burnt flesh waffed into my nose.

"Mizuki, get behind us!"

Mike's voice pulled me out of stupor. Quickly, my legs dashed towards them.

"Stop her!" Sariel yelled.

Lucifer pulled me close to him, relenting, "Na-ah!" and held his hands out, showing a black light.

I spun around and was graced with the sight of demonic bodies being savagely hacked by the dark light Fiel emitted.

Raph went to me instantly the moment I was in the clear. With his hand, he placed it on me, and the pain that was inflicted on me slowly disappeared.

"You cool, baby girl?" He asked.

I nodded.

"How did you find us?" Uriel gritted beside, his usual facade of indifference gone.

Sariel smirked. "It wasn't easy, that's for sure. Yet, tracking heavenly light took me years before I managed to locate you. If you didn't let her see the memories, your existence would have still been obsolete.

"You see, I always get what I want."

"Dick," I muttered while Mike sushed me with a scalding look.

Sariel just smirked at them. Turning to me, he said, "By hook or by crook, I will have you back."

"Hell to the N-O, ugly buddy," I said. "I'd rather be watching some rom-com than spend time with you."

Anger bubbled in his expression. He thinned his lips, sneering, "We shall see."

Dark flames enveloped him. The fire rose slowly from the ground, and the last sight of him I saw was his eyes staring at me longingly.

I stared at the broken tables and chairs. Everything was in shambles. The paintings were askew and some of the paint were tearing up.

Silence followed. It was Fiel's voice that broke the quiet by saying, "Wards! Uriel, we need you to create them using the most powerful thing you can conjure," he pointed at a grave looking Uriel, then turned to Raph, "Check on Anariel and make sure she's completely healed."

"Got it," Raph said.

Painstakingly, I prepared the prodding and pinching. Fiel continued to bark orders, looking at Mike.

"Can you contact your son?" Fiel asked.

I jumped from Raph's poke and asked in a squeaky voice, "You have a son?"

Mike looked away with embarrassment and mumbled something while walking away towards the stairs. Turning my attention to Fiel, I ran to him, earning a, "Hey!" from Raph. I tugged at his shirt. Fiel tipped his head down to acknowledge me.

"Something wrong, Riel?"

"Son?" I asked.

Uriel chuckled, surprising me. Looking at Raph, he said, "You tell her."

"Hell, no," he replied while Jibrel chuckled and started cleaning the debris.

Fiel replied thoughtfully. "You remember St. Joan de Arc?"

I nodded eagerly. "I read about her in Book of Saints! She's my favorite next to St. Cecilia."

"Well," Fiel said slowly, "Michael was, in fact, in love with her. With that love, a pure one at that, they gave birth to one of the most powerful Nephelim to roam the world."

Nephilim was the term for beings born of half demon/angel and another species.

A crash followed by Mike's yell echoed upstairs. Looking at everyone, I watched as Uriel finished a few runes before dramatically dusting his hands and looking at the rest of us with a shrug.

"That's gotta be Dmitri," Uriel said.

We all went for the rooms. Climbing the narrow stairs, we went for the second room with a red door.

"Well," Fiel said nervously, "you open it."

Jibrel shook his head. "Make Raphael do it."

"Nopers. Uriel?" Raph turned to Uriel, who shook his head.

I rolled my eyes. "For goodness' sakes, I'll do it." I held the golden knob of the door and turned the sphere.

"-IRRESPONSIBILITY OF USING YOUR POWERS! YOU KNOW THE RULES SO YOU CANNOT JUST OPEN YOUR WINGS AND FLY THROUGH THE WINDOW, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT?!!!"

My mouth was agape at the sight before me. I recognized Mike, but I also didn't. There was just something about him that was really scary right now.

"Okay, Jeez, dad-"

"DO NOT USE THE PRINCE'S NAME IN VAIN!!!"

Jibrel pushed my chin up to close my mouth as I spied upon the poor unfortunate soul who was on the receiving
end of Mike's anger.

He looked around his twenties with reddish brown hair and guarded eyes. He technically was a replica of Mike if it weren't for a couple of differences. When Mike's jaws were squared, this guy had a more feminine streak to it. He was lounging casually on one of Mike's red bean bag with his metallic grey wings spread casually, his legs spread wide.

"You really shouldn't piss off Mr. Ange, Dimka," a female voice said. "Honestly, you should set an example for the younger generations."

The girl looked around in her late teens. Her hair was of light blonde waves. Her eyes were innocent blue, her heart shaped face revealing her pale, perfect skin. She was sitting on a stool in an upright position, as if she was of royalty. Honestly, everything about her screamed princess.

"Mike?" I began, their heads snapping to my direction with surprise, not realizing the audience that came along with me. I continued on, "What's going on?"