Combustion

At my confusion, I didn't notice Fiel walking towards me. When he did, he placed a brotherly hand on my already messy bluish black hair. Raising my head, he threw a gentle smile at me, saying, "They'll be here, kitten. Just be patient."

Don't get me wrong. Luci is scary when he's going Lord of Hell on you, but, he's technically the big Teddy bear in the family. Goes to show that even the Devil himself has favoritism.

Right on cue, the door to the outside world burst open to reveal an annoyed looking Uriel, who kept his long hair tied loosely into a ponytail on the end, and a ruffled looking Raph.

I looked at Mike, who crossed his arms and said, "Do I even want to know?"

My jaw dropped at Raphael's nonchalance at Mike's already heated gaze. He just gave us a lazy smile and replied quite casually, "She was a chick. I couldn't refuse. Don't worry," he added hastily at Mike's in intensifying glare, "It was a harmless flirting."

"You do know that there's a chance you'll lose your wings for that, right?" Lucifer interjected with mischief in his eyes.

I looked at Mike to explain, who gladly said, "Yes, Mizuki. It is likely. God does give us free will, but, what we do with it..." he trailed off, looking at Luci.

Luci, on the other hand, examined his fingers, yawning loudly. That got Uriel to look at the eldest of us, his dark eyes of onyx looking seriously.

"It's no laughing matter, Brother," he said in his deep, rich voice that made him seem the oldest despite him being closer to me in terms of age. "You don't want to mess with His laws. You could get away with it, but, the consequences could be quite...severe."

And there goes his Dumbledore side. He was always the serious one.

There was an awkward silence that followed. Looking between the four men standing right in front of me, I smiled sheepishly, "I'll go look for Jibrel. Maybe he got lost again."

Jibrel was Gabriel's Hebrew name, and I thought it sounded more awesome than calling him Gabs or something when I researched his profile through the internet. For the Messenger Angel, his sense of direction sucks.

Mike instantly went to my desk and handed me a very old looking phone that didn't have a touch screen and grabbed my blue wallet, saying, "Take care and stay safe. Call us if there's an emergency, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. Do you guys need anything?"

He smiled at me and shook his head.

"Some hakao, if you must," Raph said.

I looked at him with puzzlement.

"Chinese food," Lucifer supplied.

....M'kay...

Nodding one last time, I walked out of the place and into the darkening grounds of New York City. Keeping tabs on my wallet, I opened it to find my I.D. with my name Mizuki Galvez written in thick black ink. There were also some bills, which I got from some of the jobs I was always doing. If I were to be honest, it feels really good to earn your cash.

As I passed by a few familiar streets, I stopped by China Town and bought Raph his Hakao, which were actually shrimp dumplings in little white rice flour wrapper or something. I followed it by walking around the park near the office. Since my brothers were mostly nature lovers sans Lucifer, they loved anything with nature.

"Please..." I suddenly heard a voice from somewhere. "Help me."

I ignored the voice, continuing on as it continued to repeat. The voice sounded weak, but, it held some sort of hold on me as I followed it. I was following the sound as if I was in a trance until I arrived near an alley behind the office.