It was him

Chapter IX

"I love you, Bun bun"

"Rum, I love you too."

It was raining and we both were completely wet.

He was there, it was him, I could say that but physical details was not clear. He held me tight and then a loud unpleasant noise woke me up.

I was dreaming, it was strange he never came in my dreams all these days.

My phone was ringing and it was a number which was not saved. I moved towards it and attend the call.

"Good day ma'am, can I know who I am speaking to?" said the strange unfamiliar voice.

"This is Amira."

"Ma'am you would have to come to the police station today at 4, for inquiry about the bomb blast in the district school, previous week."

"I would be there."

And I cut the line. I was back in the bed.

As I lay I thought of him.

His name was Richard, he was a fan of my book.

I used to write books about a year ago, but left it due to lack of time to study. He was a major fan of my books. And then we started talking online, slowly we liked each other. We never met, we were supposed to.

We were supposed to meet on 9 July, I left home that day dressed well, very excited to meet him. I went to the place where we had decided to meet, I was there well on time. I waited and waited but he did not show up and I left.

After that I lost all contacts with him. He was my Rum and I was his bun bun.

I got up from bed and as I kept my foot on the floor, my foot was greeted with something extremely soft. It was Zaxi's body, he was fast asleep, so I moved me foot away from him and walked slowly towards the kitchen trying not to wake him up.

The kitchen was bright as sun was shining bright, I grabbed a bottle of water and moved towards the living room. Martin was gone, he left a note though.

"It was a great night Amira, didn't expect this from you."

He was a great friend, and he tried his best to bring a smile to my face. And today he did.

I cleaned up the kitchen and went back to room only to find out that Zaxi was still asleep. I sensed something was wrong, and so I moved towards him only to find out that he was boiling hot.

I carried him to the car, and drove fast to the vet. When I was half the way, the thought flashed to me, where would the vet be located? I have never been to a vet. I quickly asked Siri who then guided me. {Note. Siri is the artificial intelligence of apple.}

As soon as I was inside the clinic and I shouted.

"Emergency, Doctor"

I shouted it until a nurse who came and took Zaxi from me. I went behind her but she prevented me and told me to wait outside.

"What the hell just happened here?" I told myself.

I quietly then sat in the waiting room, wondering from when did I become so sweet and caring especially towards a dog. A DOG.

"He is not a dog, he has a name, Zaxi." Said an inner voice, my soul.

"Yeah, fine. But tell me Amira from when did you start to care for this dog so much?" said my mind.

"Caring, it was a thing you always did but you never realised it. And now this dog is your responsibility." Said my soul.

"I am, Miss. Iknoweverything." Said my brain.

And I shouted shut up both of you. I was sitting in a clinic and having an internal battle. Wow guys unbelievable.

The doctor appeared out of nowhere and said "he is okay now, he seems to be weak, once his drips are over you can take him home. I have prescribed some medicines, give him for a week."

"Okay, thank you doc." I finished.

After an hour we drove back home. He was lying in the backseat, and seemed better to me. It was almost four clock, I had to be there for inquiry so I drove to the police station instead of home.

As I drove back home I noticed him, he was sleeping and his temperature was down. His small stomach slowly going up and down as he was breathing and his eyes were closed, his face was happy, he felt better something inside me said it.

The station was about 15mins from where I was. I was driving fast as I was late. As I was by the traffic light turned from green to red. But I was half way through.

Suddenly a person came in front of me and I had no choice so I turned the car opposite direction and applied breaks.

The car stopped but collided with another vehicle. But neither of the cars were damaged and no one was hurt.

I got out of the car and walked to the person who I almost killed, "What the f***. Can't see where you are....."

I could not complete as I knew who was in front of me.

It was him.