Oh please you are not so innocent

I was back home. A very different vibe was filled inside me. It did not make me happy but it also did not make me sad. It somehow gave a reason to live for, to fight for.

I would be brave and not let my Jacob down.

As I walked towards my room a bag fell from the side table. I walked towards it to find the letters and the pen drive, which I had collected from ma'am's house. I had completely forgotten about it.

How could I?

I carried the bag and kept it on top of my bed. And also brought my laptop. I sat there and started to open each letter. The first few letters were regarding her job or bills. But there was one letter which was strange. Actually three letters.

The first was from National Army Dog Association, it was from one of their trainers. He inquired about Zaxi and how was the mission going on.

"Mission, what mission was a mathematics teacher involved in?" I asked myself. The letter had mentioned Zaxi as a highly trained military dog, I quickly opened my laptop and connected my pen drive as it had those files I found in ma'am's laptop. The video had development of Zaxi, and also about the training Zaxi had gone through. The picture of Ma'am, Zaxi and other Military personals was also present.

But the question still remains unanswered, what was the mission and why did a teacher possess a highly trained military dog?

The second letter was from a person named Samuel. The letter had information about wedding halls and wedding dress, and everything related to wedding. I think he must have been the wedding planner who was supposed to plan Ma'am wedding. We knew she was supposed to tie of the knot late this year, but who she was going to married was a suspense and is still a mystery to me.

The third letter was the strangest. It stated that your gun which was sent for repair would not work any further. The secretary has approve for a new gun, which would reach you in three days.

This letter did make things a bit clear. She worked for some organization who provided her with a military dog. But what was her mission?

Many different thought passed my mind, she was on the good side or the bad side?

Was she a spy or a secret agent types?

Did she belong to the IMF?

Is IMF even real?

So being a teacher was just to cover her real identity.

What could have been her mission? I had no clue. The clock stroke Twelve, I came back to my senses. I concluded that she was not a teacher, though she was an awesome one. She worked for a secret organization like IMF. She had a gun and a military trained dog. What was her mission, I had no idea. I read the letters again and again. As I went through the second letter I found contact information about the planner. He would have information about ma'am fiancé. And her fiancé would have known something. He could either tell me my assumptions was right or it was just my imagination.

Though having a clue now, I was more confused. Should I tell Detective Pentasia or not? Was she an actual bitch? She called me to meet her in the café. Only was to find out was to meet her.

Suddenly I heard a sound. It was a sound of glass breaking and it was coming from my kitchen. I got up and walked towards it, only to find Zaxi on top of the table present in the kitchen. He got down as soon as he saw me there. Poor boy, he was hungry. I then gave him bread and chicken.

I had forgotten to eat, I did not feel hunger, or maybe I just ignored it. I sat on the floor next to where Zaxi was eating. I looked at him and suddenly he brought a piece of bread to me. And kept it on my hands. I looked at him and he glared right back into my eyes.

"What do you want me to do with this bread?" I asked him.

He went near his bowl and acted like he was eating, basically telling me to eat.

"I won't eat, do whatever you can." I told him.

He moved far from his bowl and sat near it, his back facing towards me. He looked at me and again turned his head towards the other side.

"Zaxi, eat that. You were hungry right. Stop acting and eat that."

He turned his head towards me and saw me then the bread in my hand and again he turned his head the other side.

"Fine, I am eating see." I said, acting like I am chewing the bread and hid the bread behind my back.

He looked at me and got up, but instead of eating he came straight to me, looked at my hands and found the bread which I hid. He started and sat right in front of me. I took the bread and ate it. He still did not move.

The second I finished the bread, he moved towards his bowl and completed his food. Once he was done he came straight to me. And glared at me again.

"What do you want now?" I asked him with my expression. He came a lifted my hands. I got up and stood still. He then pushed me towards the bed room. I walked towards the bed and sat on top of the bed. He then came running and jumped on top of the bed which resulted all the letters and everything in the bed on the ground.

"Why did you jump? See what you have done." I basically just yelled.

He made a poor pity face.

"Oh please you are not so innocent" I said.

He jumped again and fell on the bed and closed his eyes.

"Hey, I told you not to jump." I said. But he made no movement.

"Zaxi, am talking to you." He opened his eyes saw me and closed it again. I crawled in the bed took a pillow and hit Zaxi with it. He did not make a move, I hit him again and it made no change in his position. I then hit him in his butt, he got up making a sound as if he was hurt. Am sorry I said. And moved towards him. I rubbed the spot and found out that it had a mark. It was stiches mark. Maybe that's why it must have caused pain. I then moved out of the bed and collected all the letters and kept it in the same bag, switched off the lights and lied down.

Would I get sleep today? I asked myself.

In the dark, Zaxi came near me and slept right next to me. As I closed my eyes today, nothing came to my mind. I hugged Zaxi and fell asleep.

Someone was crying, who was it?

I got up to see Zaxi deep in sleep, but he was rolling his eyeballs and made very sad noises, like he was crying or afraid. His legs were moving front and back, but he was not walking, his nose was went and so was his face.

Was he sweating? But it was Late October time for winter. It was definitely not the weather which made him sweat. I got up slowly and switched on the lights, but Zaxi made no move. He was still dreaming. I slowly went near him and patted him slowly, keeping distance cause dogs can bite you when they are dreaming.

"Zaxi. Zaxi Get up." I said as I patted his back.

His eyes met mine, and gave me an assurance that he was having a nightmare.

"It's okay. You are okay now. You are with me." I told him as I sat near him. He crawled towards me and placed his head in my lap gently. "It's okay, now. I am here, sleep now." I told him.

A few minutes passed and Zaxi was asleep again, I gently moved and switched off the lights, and went back to Zaxi. He was one of the most beautiful dogs I had ever seen, of the dogs I had noticed. I kept brushing his hair with my hands until I eventually fell asleep.

It was Morning, today I had to meet Pentasia. I was worried and curious at the same time. I was curious to know what she wanted me to know, but I was worried that she tells me something I don't exactly want to hear and weather I should tell her about ma'am Gaurie and Zaxi. During the investigation, I did not tell her anything about both of them. Was it safe to tell her?

Was I doing the right thing by not telling her?

But what if she could answer my questions?

I had no idea, but leaving my thoughts, worries and questions behind I woke up and walked straight towards the kitchen. I opened my refrigerator to find some milk for Zaxi. And I was not surprised to find nothing. Zaxi was sitting next to me.

I looked at him and said, we are going forshopping.