He was gone

3 hours before

The atmosphere was filled with strange vibes. Little did I know my life was a roller coaster, giving me Goosebumps in every turn. I had called for Dect. Pentasia. Michal had found out where my phone was and luckily it survived. The nurse was here again, applying the gel once again.

Dect. Pentasia had arrived. I could see the concerned look in her face, for her soul was much purer than most of us. We had a little talk, and we came to conclusion that as we don't have any substantial proof that Richard was the one who tried to kill me, we would give him another chance.

Soon Michal had called Richard and informed him about my state, and the accident. But life has its own way, doesn't it? The nurse gave me the wrong medicine, I had taken considerable amount of alcohol, which made me high. And under alcohol I felt strangely good, it made me forget everything. So he entered the room soon, and all the happiness seemed to disappear making me cold and sarcastic.

Present

I slowly moved to see Richard, the devil who killed me. Wondering whether he was really dead?

He was hurt, his chest was bleeding heavily, but he can survive. I tried sitting properly in my bed again as Pentasia and Michal walked towards me.

"It was way to close, he could have harmed her." Said Michal in a very concern yet rude tone.

"I know, but this won't happen again. I have recorded everything and it is enough to put him in jail for a couple of years. How are you feeling now, Amira?" said Pentasia.

"Worse, yet better." I said.

I was tired, no matter what I did and did not do, I always feel tired. Though not doing any physical activity I am tired. Tired of all the emotional and mental challenges I need to face daily. Tired of all the twist and changes in my life. For my life has not been normal once. And I still have a long journey, a long path, in discovering the truth. I still had million questions unanswered. But I knew I could not give up.

I slowly closed my eyes as I drowned in these thoughts. I slowly feel asleep.

I was soon woken up by the voice of Michal. He sat near me and he held my hands. Though I did not the like the idea of him being close to me, I liked his presence. Like I felt earlier it seemed god had sent a comforter, a saviour in his form.

"Hey" he said in the sweetest tone possible.

Me: "Hi"

Michal: "I didn't want to wake you up, but you really need to know this."

Me: "What is it?"

Michal: "Pentasia had called me a few minutes ago, she found out that besides killing you, he had to erase some proof, some information which was stored in a form of a book. That's the reason he set the house on fire as it would kill you and destroy the book. Does it ring a bell?"

My mind registered each and every word slowly but steadily. But yes it did ring a bell.

Me: "Michal call Pentasia and tell her I want to meet her soon."

Michal without uttering a word moved outside and called Pentasia immediately. But things changed again when Pentasia arrived for she did not arrive alone.

Pentasia brought that strange old book with her, which we found the other day. She seemed different to me, as she had a satisfactory yet doubtful expression.

"Amira, he is more than what we thought. He did not kill you only because he was being paid, he had his own personal motive which he wanted to hide. And the strange part is that it turns out to be this strange book which he wanted to destroy.

During my investigation, when I showed him this book, his behaviour drastically changed. He was very angry that this book is still there. Its good I took it with me."

"What is it that book?" Michal asked.

"Michal it is really nice of you to take care of me and stuff but it would be better of you stayed out of this. You may leave. Am sorry I don't trust anyone, anymore." I said looking at the book.

He stood up and said, "I understand, you don't need to say sorry." And left.

"The book is about a science experiment. But the catchiest thing about it is its name. Its name is Zaxi." She spoke.

It felt like I skipped a heartbeat. I sat there still. Could it be possible they are related?

"Pentasia, before anything else you need to go and bring my dog from my house. Cause I think it is related."

"Okay." She said and left.

I picked up the book which was there in the side table, indeed in the front page, ZAXI was written in cursive and below it something in Arabic.

I could walk now with support. I got up slowly and walked towards the door. As I walked outside the room, I found Michal sitting in the café. I slowly walked there.

I sat near him, his head rested on top of the table and his eyes were closed. I didn't know who he was? What is he to me? An angel? Saviour? Do such things exist?

I looked at him, and slowly patted his head. He suddenly woke up, and my eyes met his brown ones. He put his glasses on, and gave me a warm smile.

"Thank you, Michal. Thank you for everything...." But before I could complete his hand had covered my mouth.

"Amira we are friends, aren't we?" he said.

"Yes, I think so."

"Then don't be so formal with me, don't say thanks it makes me feel like a stranger." He said.

I smiled, for I didn't know what else to do.

"How are you feeling now?" he said.

"Better."

"Good"

"It good you have started to move, but don't over stress yourself. And am sorry, I should have respected your privacy and not intervene in your matters." He said.

"It's okay. My life is already complicated I don't want to make things more difficult for myself." I said.

And then we talked some more, after a while he helped me back to my room. And soon the doctor visited me, he said I could leave tomorrow.

Michal sat on the chair and soon fell asleep, I felt really bad for him, and offered him some space in my bed.

"No, I want you to sleep comfortably. I don't want to trouble you."

"If you could take care of me day and night, without complaining, it's the least I could do." I said.

I held his warm hand and pulled him closer to me. I made some space and made him sleep next to me, and soon he again fell asleep.

I knew he was tired because of me, and I can't repay him for the help he done. Soon I feel asleep too. In hope of a new day, new possibility, maybe new clues.

I woke up to the sound of people talking, and it took some time for my eyes to adjust. I was alone in the bed. But before I could do anything else, the door opened wide.

Pentasia walked in, and before it closed I saw Michal standing outside.

"Bad news, the dog is gone." She said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------