Talk with Family

Becky's father Scott answered the phone "Hello?" Becky replied "Dad it's Becky." He replied "Hey Reba what's going on?" "IS mom there?" "Yeah." "Can you get her and put the phone on speaker I need to tell you both something." Her father did as she asked and her mother Jane asked her "Becky what's going on?" The defender teared up replying "I have cancer." Her parents started crying on the other end and her mom then asked "how do you even know you have it." Becky replied "I got sick and collapsed at practice yesterday and they took me to the hospital and they did tests and they told me I have Leukemia." They both replied "oh Becky." Her father asked "Are you coming home?" Becky replied "after camp I get to stay and watch the game but I'll be in a wheelchair and on oxygen my body is struggling already I start chemo probably when I get home and I'm releasing a statement tonight during a press conference about this but I'm calling you guys and Zola along with the guys before it all." They both sighed and Becky told them she had to go and they told her they loved her and she loved them back so she hung up and wiped her tears off. She called her brothers next.

Grant was first...
She found his number in her contact list and clicked it and waited for him to pickup he did...Grant said "Hey little sis what's up?" Becky replied "I need to tell you something." Grant could be heard on the other end moving around and sitting better before he said "what's going on sis?" She took a deep breathe before saying "I have cancer." She gave the same sayings to her older brother as she did her parents and soon hung up.

Adam was next.....
Adam picked up on the first ring and said "hey sis." She cut him to the chase telling him everything and could hear him crying just like her brother and parents. She hung up soon with him.

HAO could tell Becky was getting upset so she hugged her and held her to her chest as Becky sobbed. Soon she was calm enough to call her boyfriend Zola Short.

Zola was last

She called him and waited and during that HAO has gotten some water and a washcloth and wipes Becky's face off. When he finally picked up seeing it was Becky's contact. He sounded very happy "Hey baby!" Becky replied sweetly "hi sweetheart I need to tell you something." His usual calm voice changed to a serious and worried tone. He asked "Becky what's going on are you injured or sick?!" She wiped her tears before saying "Zola all of the above I have cancer." Zola gasped and started crying on the other end and soon the duo were crying and HAO rubbed her back soon they said they loved each other and Becky hung up and sobbed into Hao's chest. The coaches helped calm down the defender and get her breathing steady. Becky coughed harshly and HAO rubbed her back and soon Becky was okay and they helped her drink some water and keep her oxygen on. 

Becky was soon ready for the press conference.

End of chapter