Chapter Four

"You go with Alex, I'll stay here with Hank and Scott." I said, wrapping my arm around Charles's neck and over his shoulder from my spot on his lap. "No offense, but I don't really want to see her after what I did..." Charles made a small 'hm' noise while I rested my head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart.

"I wiped her memory. Everything of you is gone. Everything about Cuba is gone. We never existed to her." He explained, resting a hand on my lower back. "She won't remember what you did to her on the beach." 

I sighed and leaned away from his chest, staring into his blue eyes. "As amazing as that news is," I paused and moved hair away from his face. "I wanna spend some time with Scott while he's adjusting to his Mutation. I remember being in his shoes... How tough it was." 

Charles sent me a small smile and put a hand behind my neck, pulling my face closer to his own. "You'd be a good mother, you know that?" My heart skipped a beat at his words, my body becoming numb. He immediately noticed and shook his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that... You didn't have a choice I'm sorr-"

I cut him off by placing my lips to his softly. "Don't worry about it. I have a feeling we'll get her back soon." I said, smiling, before connecting our lips again. 

--Time Skip--

"Scott!" I shouted, jogging over to him. "Come with me, Hank has something to show you."

"Poor choice of words, Beth." He muttered, grabbing my hand and trailing behind my speeding footsteps. "Where are we going?"

"Outside." I said, rounding a corner and excusing myself from running into a few students. Once we got outside, my eyes searched around for Hank, seeing him standing by students playing Frisbee. I dragged him along again, this time running. 

"Beth! Slow down!" Scott said, struggling to stay close. I came to a stop, Scott bumping into my back which caused me to stumble and bump into Hank. Scott mumbled an ow while I let go of his hand and apologized to Hank. 

"These them?" I asked, looking at the glasses in his hands.

"Them what?" Scott asked curiously as he couldn't see past the bandaging over his eyes. 

"Hank's made you special glasses, you'll be able to open your eyes without destroying Charles's favorite childhood tree." I explained, handing him the glasses and smiling. Scott took them into his shaking hands, turning his head towards me. 

"You're sure about this?" He asked, felling the glasses in his hands. 

"We'll know when you put them on." Hank said, putting a hand on Scott's shoulder. 

"Now, close your eyes while I take this off for you." Scott nodded, signaling that it was okay. I reached behind his head, undoing the bandaging around his head. When I pulled the white material away, I saw that he had his eyes shut tightly. "Now put the glasses on." He obeyed and his jaw clenched. "Scott, it's okay... You don't have to be afraid." As I was talking, Hank redirected him towards the empty space in the field. 

Scott nodded before starting to breath in astonishment. "They work..." He turned towards me and smiled. "You look so different..." He said before hugging me tightly and thanking Hank. When we pulled away from each other, Scott's mouth hung open slightly. "Who's that?" 

I turned around to follow Scott's line of sight, seeing Jean sitting against a tree reading. I looked back to him, a look of sadness on my face. "That's Jean Grey." 

"That's her? I ran into her on the way in here." Scott explained, beginning to walk towards her. 

"Bye to you too?" I said, waving lazily. 

Hank put a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it slightly. "You okay? You've been kinda off lately."

I put my hand over his, patting it. "Peachy. Wanna go back inside?" I asked, turning towards him. He nodded so I linked our arms, leaning my head on his shoulder while we walked. "How's your plane going?" 

I felt him shrug underneath my head. "I'm at a standstill." 

I sighed, listening to the birds chirping around us. "We don't talk enough anymore like this, McCoy."

He chuckled and opened the door for me once we arrived back to the mansion. "Always busy." 

I smiled at him before walking into the house, only to stop short at the sight of the blond in front of me. "Rae?" 

She turned and a smile formed on her lips. "Your hair got longer. A lot longer, actually." 

I pulled her into a hug, holding her tightly before pulling back. "W-what are you doing here?" I breathed out in disbelief. 

Her smile faded, her face turning serious. "I came here about Erik." 

My smile fell, my arms dropping back to my sides. I backed away slightly while my mind raced. "Why would you be here about him?" I asked, absentmindedly placing my hand on the metal hip replacement I had to get after the fiasco in Washington. 

Raven's eye scanned over me towards Hank. "He killed again... People came to arrest him and-"

"Killed his family..." I finished, having seen it in her mind seconds beforehand. "How do you know this?" 

She looked to the floor before her eyes quickly darted back to me. "I know people." 

--Time Skip--

I let Hank and Raven walk off together to catch up, knowing that they for sure have feelings for each other, and decided to clean up the classroom I teach in since I didn't have time to earlier. My hands ran over the pile of papers on my desk while I stared at the wall in thought about what Raven said. 

The sound of someone in the door way caught me off guard, causing me to knock the glass of water off my desk, breaking it.

"We're back." Alex said, hand scratching his neck awkwardly. 

"I see that..." I said while cleaning the broken glass off the floor. 

"We're going to Cerebro. Coming?" He asked, walking towards me and helping with the cleanup. 

"Moira's gonna be there, right?" 

Alex nodded "Yeah." 

"I'll pass." I muttered, putting the trashcan under his hands so he could dump the shards in. 

"You can't feel guilty forever." He said, grabbing my shoulders.

"I can try." I said rolling my eyes while setting the trashcan back near the door where it started. I sighed when I felt his eyes staring at me. "Fine. But not right away. I'll be down in a bit." Alex gave me a small side hug before heading down towards Cerebro without me as I wished. 

My eyes followed him while he walked, further sparking my curiosity to why they went down there. And then I realized. I jogged out the door, following Alex before he got to far and jumping on his back. 

"Thought you didn't wanna go." He said startled by the sudden impact. 

"You're going to find Erik?" I asked, looking at him by leaning over his shoulder. 

"Yeah, why?" 

"Then I'm going." I whispered in his ear, wrapping my arms around his neck as he carried me down to Cerebro.