Alternate Ending

A/N: So, you guys have been so loyal to me, even through countless plot twists and cliff hangers among many other things... So, I decided to write this for you guys. Disregard what Charles said at the end of Days of Future Past and enjoy! 

"All... is revealed..." Apocalypse said quietly before we all strengthened our attacks even more, if that was even possible. I grimaced as his skin began tearing away in flakes, as did his flesh on the inside, before he was nothing and we all stopped our attacks.

Erik dropped down to the ground slowly and I smiled at him, receiving one back. I looked over to    Jean who stood in the air, she was looking at me as she gave a sigh of relief and smiled. 

I pressed my hand to my stomach where that woman's sword had ripped through, confused when I no longer felt the wound and there was no blood seeping through my suit. "Huh." I said with a smirk. "Weird, but I'll take it." I breathed out, Hank putting a hand on my shoulder with a laugh. 

--Time Skip--

"I think I'm starting to like this new look you have. Sophisticated yet sexy." I said while walking up to him.

Charles chuckled, a large smile forming while he did so. "Well, thank you, Beth." 

I smiled in return, putting my hands in the back pockets of my jeans. "Oh, I forgot to tell you-" I stopped myself from speaking when I noticed Erik. "I'll tell you later, actually." I paused and looked to the metal manipulating man in front of me, a frown appearing on my face. "I know that look. You're not staying.." I looked to Charles, seeing a sad look in his eyes. "And I've missed an important conversation." The men chuckled, Erik's more of a sad one. "You're not going to come back evil and try to kill us again, are you? Because honestly you're a broken record, Erik." I joked while giving him a nudge. 

He shook his head, a small yet sad smile on his face. "Do you mind talking to me privately for a moment?" 

I looked to Charles, seeing him nod in approval, I followed Erik a little ways down the hall, my arms falling to my sides. "Everything alright?" 

"I just wanted to apologize to you for everything that's happened." Erik explained, his back against the wall. 

"Erik, this is so out of character for you. Having a family has really changed you... I'm so sorry.. For everything that's happened to you. Everything that was taken from you-" He cut me off with a gentle hug, his chin resting on my head while I hooked my arms around his waist. "Do you have to leave?" I mumbled into his chest, muffling my words. 

His arms tightened around me slightly while sighed. "I have to." Erik said, releasing me and seeing my tear filled eyes. "Have you told her yet?" 

I shook my head, wiping my eyes with the heel of my hand. "Not yet, I will though... I hope." I sighed and offered him a small smile. "You looked a little surprised to see me alive after we got rid of Apocalypse." 

He chuckled, his eyes meeting mine. "Well, you're you, Beth." 

"Come on, you have to admit! I'm awesome." I grinned widely while tears slipped down my cheeks. It faded and my lips found themselves back into a frown. "Seriously though, don't come back evil again, yeah?" 

"I won't." He smiled, giving my shoulder a light squeeze before he walked away and towards the door. 

"Goodbye, old friend." Charles said to him. 

I looked to the floor, my hands wiping away the remaining tears as I composed myself. "Good luck, Professor." I heard Erik say before the sound of the door shutting echoed. 

I sighed and made my way over to Charles, my arms wrapping around his neck when I sat on his lap to watch the kids. I turned my head towards him, our eyes meeting each other. "We did good." I said quietly. "But apparently not good enough to get the god damn ice cream." 

Charles chuckled and placed his lips on mine for a moment. "Maybe tomorrow." 

I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder, my eyes looking into the training room as I watched Raven explain things to them. "Yeah... Maybe tomorrow." 

"Forget everything you think you know. Whatever lessons you learned in school. Whatever your parents taught you. None. Of that. Matters. You're not kids anymore. You're not students." Raven paused as everyone focused on her. "You're X-Men." She finished, looking over to Hank so he would turn on the simulation. The doors began to close as Sentinels emerged and a smile came to my lips. 

"Groovy." I whispered in reference to one of my first outings with Charles. 

"Very." He responded. 

And in that very moment, I knew that I had a family again. No matter who we were. We were all a family. We were the X-Men.