Chapter Five

A/N: I am not looking forward to writing this at all...Can the X-Men never be happy?

"Beth Everette." I said while awkwardly holding my hand out for Moira to shake. This was too weird for me after I almost tried to kill her all those years ago. "I'm Charles's wife. It's nice to meet you."

Moira smiled and shook my hand. "Moira MacTaggert, it's nice to meet you too." She looked over my face for a moment and made a small 'huh' noise. "I-It's funny. You look so familiar."

I faked a smile. "I get that a lot." I lied, directing her into Cerebro after the doors opened. I looked over to Raven, deciding to pull her behind with me while we followed the rest of the group down the long catwalk. "This doesn't feel right..." I whispered.

Raven put a hand on my back, rubbing it softly before wrapping an arm around my shoulders. "You'll be fine. She doesn't remember a thing."

"Moira, I'm going to have to ask you to keep this a secret." Charles said, wheeling up in front of the console.

"I don't even know what this.... is." She said confused, looking around the greyish blue room.

"It's Cerebro." I said, putting a hand on Charles's shoulder.

"A new model." Raven said, looking over to Hank.

I saw a tint of pink rise on his cheeks, causing me to smirk. "I based the color on-" He froze, looking back to Raven to see her looking at him with a smile. "-doesn't matter."

I took my hand off of Charles's shoulder when he put Cerebro on his head, turning the machine on. The room suddenly filled with voices and blue lights. I smiled at the sight, looking around in awe.

"What are those?" Moira asked, astonished at the millions of silhouettes.

"All the humans of the world." I said, turning around to give her a soft smile.

Red lights appeared through the blue, illuminating the room with the color. "And these are all the Mutants. I'm connected to all of their minds." Charles said gently.

"The CIA would kill for this." Moira breathed out, looking around the room once more.

I frowned and scrunched my eyebrows together. "We know they would..." I said quietly, my eyes darting around the room in search of the metal manipulator. "Where are you, Mr. Lehnsherr..."

There were a few moments of silence before Charles began to speak, meaning he had in fact found Erik. "Hello, old friend." Raven and I looked down to Charles, our faces turning serious. "I am sorry, I am so sorry." He breathed out. "I feel your pain." Charles paused for a moment. "And your loss." I closed my eyes for a moment before looking back to the red silhouettes that surrounded us. "What happened to them... It was terribly wrong." He said sadly. A tear rolled down his cheek, causing me to put my hand on his shoulder once more and give it a small squeeze. "But come back to us, I can help you. Beth and I both can help you."

I sighed, deciding to tune out of their conversation. I had no desire to anger Erik further. The sudden silence caused me to snap back and listen, but the words I heard were not what was wanted.

"Hank..." Charles said nervously. "He's not alone..." The charts on the console began going rapid, causing me to worry.

"Charles! Charles get out!" Hank shouted after the entire room around us turned to blue. "Charles!"

My eyes widened at the sight of Charles's eyes going completely black. "I've never felt power like this before." He said with a pained voice.

I knelt down in front of him, taking his hands in my own. "Charles you have to get out, you have to get out now!"