11. Oh No.

AN:
I revised a few chapters, so be sure to re-read them!
____________________________________________________________________

Krystina.

"So what are you going to do now? Do you even believe her?" Savannah asks me while walking towards the fridge.

I dropped Bryan off at a sleepover after we got back from my mom's house yesterday afternoon. Since I was kid free for the evening, I had decided to plan a surprise girl's night for Sav and I. However, the surprise was on me, seeing as how Savannah and Kyle didn't come home until late last night. She's just now hearing all the details about my very informative weekend away.

She pulls out a new carton of chocolate ice cream, grabs a spoon from the utensil drawer, and starts stuffing her face.

"You're doing it again." I tell her, narrowing my eyes.

"Doing what?" She question with a mouthful of chocolate.

"Eating shit you swear you don't like. Just out of curiosity, have you taken a pregnancy test yet, or are you going to wait until you start showing to consider the possibility that there may be a fetus growing inside of you?" She stares at me, eyes wide with shock.

Her expression quickly morphs from shock to sadness, and tears fill her eyes.

I hop off the counter and grip her arms to pull her into a hug."I don't know!" She cries into my shoulder.

"You don't know what?"

"I don't know why I won't take that stupid pregnancy test." She wipes her runny nose with her sleeve. "I mean, I already know that I'm......with child. My period is almost three months late, I'm eating weird things, and my high waisted jeans don't fit like they used to." She sniffles.

"Is it Kyle you're worried about?" I ask as she continues to cry and eat.

"No. Of course not. We both want kids, and we haven't been using protection. I just don't know if I'm ready. We'd have to find a bigger place, our own place. I'd have to stop working. So much would change, and it's terrifying." She says, shoveling more and more ice cream into her mouth.

She has really lost it.

"Look, before you do anything else, you need to tell Kyle. You and I both know that he needs to know about this now. Then you need to go to a doctor. If you're almost three months along, it's time for you to start seeing your OBGYN on a regular basis. Okay?" I tell her.

"Okay. I'll tell him tonight, I guess." She mutters right as the doorbell rings.

I look at the time displayed on the microwave. "Bryan's not supposed to be here for another few minutes. Are you expecting anyone?" I walk over to the door hearing her faint "no".

Looking out of the peep hole on the front door, I am surprised to see Fernando standing on the other side.

"Hey. What are doing here?" I open the door and step outside, ushering us both to the swing that sits on the front porch.

"Sorry to pop up on you like this, but I was in the neighborhood. My girlfriend lives just down the street." He says scratching the back of his head.

I nod slowly.

"Um, I also wanted to apologize for what happened a few weeks ago. I'm tired of the awkward and tense conversations we've been having lately because of it. I never meant for things to escalate the way they did, Krys. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret getting you two to finally talk, because God knows it was about time. But I do regret the way it turned out." He says solemnly.

"It's just," he continues, "being around you both, and hearing the way you spoke about each other, I knew that something was wrong. That something wasn't adding up. And as a friend, it was my job to get to the bottom of it. I just really want us all to be okay again. That's all."

I stay quiet for a moment, letting his words sink in.

Taking a deep breath, I finally speak. "I'm not mad at you Fernando. I'm a little irked that you went about it the way you did, but I'm not mad. You were right. Things didn't add up. They still don't, honestly. I've been harbouring so much anger and hatred towards Stephen over the years. It's only because of you that I know the truth now, or at least some of it. We wasted so much time. Five years of hating him, for something that he never even did." I say sadly.

Fernando opens his mouth to speak, but is cut off by the loud honk that comes from the car at the end of the driveway.

Oh no.

Bryan, dressed in his Superman one-piece, exits the car with a wave and starts running towards the porch. Mrs Madden, his friends mom, waves at me as she pulls out of the driveway and onto to the street.

I'm too stunned to vocalize my thanks for her dropping him off, so I quietly wave back.

Bryan comes to halt right in front of Fernando, looking him up and down.

Nando's face is frozen with disbelief as he looks at Bryan. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. His light skin, light eyes, curly dark hair, and size, are a dead giveaway to who his father is.

"Krys?" He breathes shocked, finally looking over at me.

"Mommy?" Bryan asks confused and worried at the sight of my expression and Fernando.

"Baby, can you go in the house for a second? Auntie Sav is in the kitchen. Go on." I tell him, gently urging him towards the door. "I'll be in there in a few minutes, then you can tell me about how much fun you had, okay?" I tell him.

He eyes me warily before finally agreeing, and walking slowly into the house.

"Krys?" Fernando prods again.

I let out a shaky breath when the door shuts. "I know this looks bad." I start.

"Did you know?" He asks, ashen.

"What?"

"When you left New York? Did you know you were pregnant?"

I nod my head. "This is what I meant. We've wasted so much time. Stephen's missed out on so much. First steps, first words, first day of school. And Bryan, my son, he's missed out on so much too. This is the second year that Savannah's fiance, Uncle Kyle, has taken him to the father and son fun day event at the park. The second year that he's had no one come to "Bring your daddy to school" day for him." I cry. "I thought he'd betrayed me. I thought he cheated, and I kept Bryan a secret. And now I feel like shit cause it was all a lie, and Bryan has had to suffer for it."

"You have to tell him, Krys." He says after a long while. "He needs to know."

"I will, Nando. There's just so much going on right now." I wipe my eyes, sniffling.

"No Krys." He shakes his head as he gets up from the swing. "You said it before: you've wasted enough time. He deserves to know now. I'll keep your precious secret, but only for a fortnight. Steph has been like a brother to me. I can't lie to him, and keeping something like this from him would be doing just that."

"Fernando, please. Just give me some time to figure this all out."

"I am. A fortnight. Two weeks. If you don't tell him by then, I will." He turns his back towards me.

"See you later, Krys." He walks down the stairs, gets in his car, and takes off down the street.

See you later.

__________________________________________

AN:

The tea has finally been spilled.

Nando knows.

Is shit about to hit the fan, or nah?

Do you think these characters are flat/dull, or nah? ( Serious question. Pls answer it)

Don't forget to comment and vote!

As always, thank you for your support!