15. The Big Bang

(Bryan's car ^^^^^)

Krystina.

It was finally here.

Friday was finally here.

"You're going to make yourself sick if you keep this up." Savannah warned from behind me. "All of this pacing, and over thinking can't be good for you. You're going to psyche yourself out before he even gets here."

I tried to listen to her. I did. But, how could I not over think? This isn't some normal everyday occurrence. This is, for lack of a better phrase, some Jerry Springer type shit. I have to tell my ex boyfriend of five years, that I knowingly moved states while carrying his child, and purposely didn't tell him anything about it.

No matter how succulent the steak is, or how crisp the vegetables are tonight, he's going to be pissed.

There's no doubt about it.

"Do you have everything you need to keep Bry for the night?", I shift the flow of conversation.

"Yup. We've got toys, movies, trail mix, and his favorite pj's. Don't stress, he'll be fine." She tries to reassure me.

It wasn't his well being I was worried about. Tonight's already gonna be a mess given the circumstances, but I had a sinking feeling that my revelation wouldn't be the only dramatic occurrence tonight.

"Hey, you've got a little over an hour until he gets here. The food's already done, the table is set. Why don't I go ahead and take Bry over to mine's, and you go have a quick soak before dinner. I really think you need a little alone time. Take a breather, yeah?" She pushes me towards the stairs.

I pause, momentarily thinking it over. "I might have time for a quick bath." I relent.

"You definitely do. You're so wound up, I'd pass you a blunt if I had one. Go upstairs and relax. Everything will be fine."

Five minutes later, Bryan and Sav are pulling what looks like a bag full of toys, out the door.

"Ok. I guess I'll see you guys in the morning." I kiss him goodbye, thinking on the fact that after tonight I'll have to share him with another person.

"Love you momma." He mumbles into my neck before I release him.

"Love you too, baby. Call me if you need anything."

"Will do." She closes the door.

And then there was one.

I immediately head for my bathroom upstairs, finally acknowledging the truth behind Savannah's words. I definitely need to calm down, and a twenty minute soak should do the trick.

After putting my hair in a bun, lighting a few candles, sprinkling in a some lavender bath salts, and dropping in some rose petals, I submerge myself into the water.