22. She Went There.

AN: First of all, I cannot believe y'all prefer the old cover over the newer ones I made. Like, how?
Anyway, true to my word, I kept the original design. I did, however, make a few changes as well. Hope you all like it. 😂😂
😐
😂
😐
Krystina.

"How did things go last night?" Kyle asks me, as he and Savannah set the table for breakfast the next morning. "Do I need to beat anyone up?" He adds, shooting me a mischievous grin.

"Everything went fine, Kyle. You do not need to physically assault anyone on my behalf. At least not today." I joke back.

"So everything really went according to plan?' Sav asks.

She places a plate partially covered in scrambled eggs in front of me.

"Yeah. He came over, we all ate dinner together, they played a few games, and then we told him."

"Just like that?" she furrows her eyebrows and, stops for a moment.

"I mean, it wasn't that fast. Originally I was going to stretch the whole ordeal out for a few days. But it was hard to miss just how smitten Bryan was with Stephen. They clicked really well, especially after dinner. There wouldn't have been a point to drag it out unnecessarily. They're both "goo-goo-eyed" over each other. All is well." I tell her, digging into the food on my plate.

Kyle leaves out of the room to retrieve his newspapers from the mailbox, as Savannah starts to divvy out the pancakes she made.

I wait until I no longer hear his retreating footsteps before I speak.
"Did you do it?" I ask her in hushed whisper.

She checks to make sure Kyle is gone, looking around the corner, before responding. "The deed is done." She says, placing a nervous hand on her stomach.

Today is THE day.

At least for Sav.

She's finally going to tell Kyle that she is pregnant. I for one, am not sure how he's gone this long without noticing.

Yes, she's still in the early stages, but there have been some very obvious changes. Her boobs, for one, have grown a whole cup size. There's also, if she's not wearing loose fitted clothes, a very noticeable pudge in her abdominal area. You'd think that someone sliding into her every other night, would notice some changes in her body. Hmm.

But in Kyle's defense, he's a very nice guy. Such a nice guy, that he probably thought Sav's weight gain was due to her eating habits, and didn't want to say anything to hurt his wife's feelings.

No doubt the latter is true.

"Which ones did you get?" I ask her excitedly, turning around so I can see her better.

"Dad Magazine, Dads Adventure, Parent's, Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad, and The Expectant Dads Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know." She replies, still tittering nervously.

Savannah, like other first time expectant moms, wants to surprise Kyle with the news. So, she bought a few books for expectant dads, and got him a few subscriptions to dad/parent magazines, where they await him in the mailbox.

Very clever if you ask me.

Kyle checks the mailbox every morning, and he reads through almost everything in the pile, even if his name isn't on it.

So, right at this very moment, he's most likely looking at the magazines in confusion, and trying to figure out why his name is on that package from amazon.