02

New Orleans

A man in a sharp suit walked around a large house, ripping the white sheets off of the furniture and decorations throughout. His neatly trimmed black hair flowing slightly from the wind of the sheets. He stopped doing what he was doing when a small sound of something hitting the ground met his ears.

When he looked down, he furrowed his eyes a bit at a square piece of paper. He bent his knees and stooped down to grab it, a feeling of recognition hitting him. When he turned the paper over in his finger, there was a drawing of a woman.

She had been smiling, her slight dimples caught perfectly on the small sheet of parchment

She had been smiling, her slight dimples caught perfectly on the small sheet of parchment. Her unruly curly hair framed her delicate face and her eyes had a hint of mischief- not an uncommon thing for this woman.

The man holding the picture stood up slightly, rubbing his finger lightly against the lead of the drawing.

1001
"Come Elijah! You are moving far to slow for my taste!" The girl, Elvina, yelled to her close friend as she ran up a hill to catch the sunset.

The man, Elijah, chuckled slightly and ran at an inhuman pace to stop in front of her. Elvina's smile dropped as she looked in shock at his speed.

Slowly, the corner of her mouth twitched up and Elijah was slightly startled then. He was about to say something witty when a strong force made him fly back into a tall oak tree.

"You're a cheater!" Elijah exclaimed in mock anger with amusement clear in his eyes

She rolled her eyes and released him from the magic holding him to the tree. "You wanker, I'm a witch, I do what I please."

Heavy footsteps behind him caused him to turn around,taking him out of his memories. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and smiled at the man before him. "Brother,"