06

The painstakingly long ride to New Orleans was close to the worst thing Elvina had ever experienced

The painstakingly long ride to New Orleans was close to the worst thing Elvina had ever experienced. The Audi A7 she had acquired sped down the road, well over the speed limit. Not like she cared, though. She tapped her fingers on the steering wheel, the sudden realization of what was about to happen kicking in.

The Family she hadn't seen in a thousand years, less than an hour away. There was no turning back,no hiding from this. If the spirits had wanted her to save this child, she would. Regardless of it's family, regardless of their betrayals. Just because she had to deal with them doesn't mean she has to like them.

She glanced in her rear view mirror, her own coffee brown eyes betraying what she was thinking.

The wind gushed through her hair as she rolled the window down, taking a deep breath of fresh air. It reminded her of when she used to ride horses in the poppy field with Ariana. She smiled lightly and stuck her hand out of the window, the air squeezing through her fingers.

The song on the radio she had learned to use a few hours back filled her car with the sounds of guitar, and the soothing voice of a man. She hummed lightly to the music as she sped past a blue sign that made her stomach clench slightly. Welcome to New Orleans.

Pulling into the busy streets of New Orleans, Elvina quickly found a place to park her car. She sat in the car for a few minuets, breathing in and out slowly. "I can do this," She huffed out in frustration and put her hand on the door handle, when a familiar bunch of blonde hair walked pass in a rush towards a small Voodoo shop. Elvina watched, her heart pounding, as the girl hung up the phone and stopped in front of the store. The blonde's back was still facing the witch as another woman walked up, this time a woman with black hair. She quickly enchanted the locket around her neck so that her power wouldn't be sensed by anyone, and squinted her brown eyes at the blonde, trying to get a better look.

When the blonde had turned around to open the door, the other witch walking in first, Elvina got a glimpse of her face. "Rebekah..." She clenched her hands around the steering wheel before putting her sunglasses on, to avoid standing out. Her first step into the air of New Orleans was like getting hit with a wall of Magic.

She could sense someone strong was here, and not too far from where she was. She turned around, trying to find the source, her eyes traveling down the road where a church stood. Elvina debated on what she should do, follow the Mikaelson girl or the strange amount of power. She decided that she could always find the power later, but Rebekah had a habit of disappearing often.

Elvina walked quickly to the shop window, her heeled boots clicking on the concrete. She squinted in the window, looking past all the herbs and trinkets for witches. Then she saw Rebekah, with her stiletto heel on a witches neck. She wanted to rush in there and help the witch obviously in fear for her life, but she held back. The Mikaelsons can not know she is alive, much less in New Orleans yet.

When Rebekah took her heel off of the witches neck, she had the feeling she was being watched and she quickly turned around. Only to find an empty shop window and a newspaper blowing in the wind. She smirked at the witch, still cowering on the ground and walked out, the feeling of being watched still not leaving her.

Elvina walked out of the alley way once Rebekah was well down the road, and made her way to the Voodoo shop doors. She pulled on the glass handle, a rush of cool air blowing her curls back and the instant feeling of magic around her. She walked around the shop, her heels clicking on the black and white marble floor. When she noticed some sage leaves in a bottle, she raised her eyebrow and clutched it in her hand, walking to find the owner of the shop.

When a lady with delicate feature and wild curly hair came from the back room, a cellphone in one hand and her other rubbing her throat Elvina's interest spiked. "I wouldn't call anyone, love" Her soft accent startled the young girl and she slowly shut her phone off, backing away from the woman in a leather jacket. Elvina walked passed the girl with equally curly hair towards a empty burning bowl, and gathered the sage leaves in her hand, crumpling them between her fingers.

The shop owner seemed to realize that privacy was needed and grabbed some matches from her back pocket, until Elvina snapped her fingers and the leaves caught fire. The younger witch sat in an old woven chair and swallowed the lump in her throat. "Who are you? You're obviously a witch, but I've never seen you around here."

Elvina smirked at her, waving the burning sage slightly with her fingertips. "My name is Elvina, and you're Katie, correct?" Katie slowly nodded unsure if she could trust her own voice at the moment and sat nervously. "Relax, love. I'm not here to hurt you, I just need to ask some questions."

"Well what do you wanna know?" Katie leaned back in the chair, trying to seem relaxed when her heart was pounding in her chest.

"The visitor you just had, the one with the killer stilettos, I assume you know who and what she is. Correct?"Elvina walked to another shelf in the room and picked up a candle, that had fake cobwebs on it to draw attention from tourists.

"Yes.." She nervously looked around, "Rebekah Mikaelson. Why?"

"Well that's my business, but what I do want to know is where she is staying." She set the candle back down and raised her eyebrow at the witch as if daring her to lie.

"I-I don't know." Elvina let out a frustrated sigh and the sage burned a little faster in her anger. "I swear. I- I have a phone you can borrow that has a list of hotels and numbers of people who might know..."

Elvina nodded her head in thanks and poured the remaining sage back into the jar. "Thank you, your help is much appreciated." Katie walked quickly to the back and returned with an iphone. Elvina sighed and rolled her eyes, "Love, I don't know how to use this."

"Oh, well-" Elvina cut Katie off and grabbed her hand, all the information about the white device flooding into her head at a rapid pace.

Katie looked dazed and Elvina sighed in pity. She couldn't let the younger witch remember anything, it would be putting her life in danger. Elvina touched her head lightly and whispered "Forget I was here, you never saw me, you don't know me."

Comment? Like? Tell me what you think dolls❤️ More votes & comments= faster updates