07

New Orleans

Walking out of the Voodoo shop, Elvina, messed around with the phone she was given. "Oh what the bloody hell?" She grunted out in frustration and tapped the phone a few times. She was beginning to give up until she ran straight into someone. As soon as she collided with this person, an icy feeling crept up everyone of her veins. "My apologies," She looked at the man in front of her with an apologetic grin.

"No, it's my fault. I should have moved out of the way of the raging woman on her phone." He joked, his teeth gleaming at her. He had unruly curly hair, and slight scruff around his chin. "I'm Diego," He held out his hand, surprising Elvina a bit.

She slowly grasped his hand in her own, careful to not do anything witchy. "Elvina," She introduced herself, wondering what he was doing.

"You look new around here," He laughed a little bit, sticking his hands in his pockets. "I thought maybe I should introduce myself, tell you a bit about the events here."

She faked a smile and nodded understandingly, "Oh, thank you

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

She faked a smile and nodded understandingly, "Oh, thank you. I just moved here today, it's a gorgeous city."

"Yeah, it is." He smiled at her for a little while before a small buzz came from his phone, after looking at it he groaned slightly and put it back into his pocket. "Hey, I gotta go, work stuff. But my boss is having this charity masquerade ball tonight,you should really come." He smiled at her and offered her a flyer from the inside of his jacket. "Hope to see you there,"

He walked away from her and she glanced down at the flyer in her hands, and smirked. His boss? Head vampire? He has got to be connected to the Mikaelsons. She thought to herself with a small smirk. She hopped back into her car and headed down the road, the large crowds of people passing her by.

Closing her car door and stepping out,heels clicking down the side walk. Each step like a shot of tequila; increasing her confidence, making her head buzz. She stopped at a hotel and walked inside. The inside was a bright yellow, with marigolds in every corner. At the front desk, a older man sat reading a newspaper, his tired brown eyes never leaving the page.

"Love," He looked up at her, his eyes getting captivated in hers, she touched his hand slightly and chuckled at his love puppy look. "Give me a room the nicest you got," He nodded and grabbed a set of keys from the board behind him, handing them to her. "Oh, and retrieve my bag, will you?"

The key clicked in the door, as Elvina turned the knob. She had gotten the room on the top floor, a large white bed in the middle, and a balcony overseeing the city that never sleeps. She walked towards the balcony, swinging the doors open and stepping onto the white metal. The city pulsed with life, people dancing and singing. She smiled at first, then she grew sad. "This is what was taken from me... This, is what I missed out on."

A small knock on the door caused her to turn around, the older man, heaving her luggage onto he bed. He began to turn around before she called out to him."Wait," He turned and furrowed his grey eyebrows at her. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a wad of cash that she had stolen from Damon, setting it in his hands. "Here you go, love."