05

Mystic Falls

"Leaving? What do you mean you're leaving?" Bonnie threw her hands up in frustration as she followed Elvina around the a small boutique near the boarding house.

Elvina sighed and immediately regretted asking Bonnie to drive her to the store. "I mean, I had a vision last night about a child. A child connected to some people I'd rather not deal with-"

"Then why are you going? You just got here! I was hoping you could help me with magic and we could do great things." Bonnie sighed in defeat a stopped in the middle of the shop.

Elvina sighed and turned around to face Bonnie with a sad look. "Look, I don't wanna go, but I have to. I don't know why, I just have to. I have to protect someone, and I will."  Elvina stated with a tone of finality and turned around to the shirt rack, looking confused at the designs.

Bonnie sighed and moved passed the older witch, grabbing a few shirts that would look good on her. "You can't tell me more? Like who these people are?"

Elvina took a deep breath then pulled her face into a wincing look, and Bonnie's face paled a bit. "The Mikaelsons!" The younger girl whisper-yelled. "Why are you going to help them if you 'paid the price' for going against them?!"

Elvina grit her teeth and faced Bonnie again, "I made the mistake 1000 years ago of not listening to the people around me. I'm not making that same mistake again." Elvina grabbed the shirts out of Bonnie's hands and threw them into the shopping cart. "Can we, just stop talking about it?"

Bonnie sighed and gave her a small smile, "Yeah, I'm sorry. It's just even though I've know you for what- a day? I feel connected to you. Like we're meant to be friends."

Elvina smiled and put her hand on the younger girl's shoulder in a comforting manner. "It's because you're a witch. Your ancestors push you to be with your kind. People who protect you." She turned around and grabbed a pair of jeans, realizing they were far too small she put them back and looked for one that seemed to be her size.

"Anything I can help you ladies with? Like help you get out of those jeans?" The infamous older Salvatore entered the store, his sunglasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

"Ha," Elvina turned around and smiled at him. "Afraid not, but you can..." She shoved her bags into his hands and laughed lightly. "Carry these for me"

 Damon rolled his eyes but held the bags as they trudged to where Bonnie's car was

Damon rolled his eyes but held the bags as they trudged to where Bonnie's car was. When the truck was open Damon threw the bags in, not being careful at all. "Men are much more idiotic now. A man 1000 years ago would know I would kill them for such a thing." She smirked at the two people she had come to like.

"Yeah, yeah. Chivalry is dead." Damon rolled his eyes and walked past the two girls in the direction of the bar, waving his hand in the air as a goodbye.

When the girls got back to the Salvatore boarding house, Elvina made sure to quickly pack her belongings. "Where ya headed?"

Elvina turned around to see Stefan leaning on the door, with his arm on the frame. "New Orleans." She answered, grabbing a few candles Bonnie had given her and stuffing them in her bag along with some matches.

Stefan had a knowing look on his face and he sat down on the bed next to her. "Are you sure you wanna do that?" He questioned her, an eyebrow raised.

"Yes, Stefan." She sighed and began zipping her bag before it got stuck on a pant leg. She made a frustrated noise and rubbed her head angrily.

"Are you sure? You obviously know who's there. Are you ready to face them? To face him?" Stefan grabbed her hands to stop her from breaking the suitcase and he without effort closed it.

She let out a deep breath though her nose and sat down on the bed, the suitcase between her and Stefan. "You know the whole story.." She whispered looking at him, sadness plaguing her eyes.

"I know enough of it,"

"Then you know I have no choice. I won't ignore the signs around me any longer. When spirits tell me to do something now, I will do it." Elvina stood up once more, walking to the mirror and staring at the pendant resting on her chest.  "Even if it means risking my sanity."

"How will you get there?" He asked, trying to move the subject a little more.

"By car. I intend to acquire a car at the dealer two blocks down," Stefan raised his eyebrow at her as if saying 'oh really?' and she just shook her head with a smile. "Don't give me that face. I learned to drive the same time I learned all the other information about the modern world."

He put his hands up in mock surrender and stood up walking towards the bedroom door. "Take care of yourself," he smiled at her, a small amount of worry for the girl he just met.

"I will," she smiled, pulling the suitcase onto the ground next to her. "Take care of everybody, will you?" He chuckled lightly and she rolled her eyes. "I mean it. Especially Bonnie, she's lost right now. And I swear that if I can ever return here I will help her... But for now she just needs a friend. Like you and Elena."

Stefan nodded at her and sent her one last glance as he walked out of the room and through the front door.

Elvina sighed and hoped he would tell the rest why she had to leave so soon. She heaved her bag down the stairs and through the front door and hesitated before taking a step outside. "Bloody Hell," she sighed, sliding her new sunglasses that she stole from Damon down her face.