013

lil bit of a filler, sorry

1002
Elvina had been different for weeks. Her curls were never out, always pulled into a tight knot at the top of her head. And Elijah noticed the dark rings around her eyes and and the way her hands shook when she would hear talk of sisters or family. She hadn't been the normally bubbly girl he once knew. She was quiet and always had her head in a grimoire.

She had gone through every spell book she could find and had finally found a spell that would do it. That would kill Klaus. It would require mass sacrifice of the witch responsible.  But somehow, that didn't matter to her. She had already lost everything loved so what was the point of living once she completed her task.

Of course, there was Elijah... But there was no way he would ever love her the way she loved him, she thought. That was a constant reminder of how chaotic her life had truly become. Besides, he wouldn't have to know until it was all over.

Alone she was not strong enough for the spell. But the spirits had noticed the on edge angry woman, and knew she could kill Klaus if they helped her. They put the power of a thousand witches into her body and told her that when Klaus was gone, she could die with the curse as intended- instead of living the rest of her days alone and sad.

Elijah watched his brother grow calm- too calm, and asked to speak with him. Trying to warn him of Elvina's doings. "Brother, I have come to warn you."

"For what reason do I have to worry?" Niklaus asked his older brother, putting aside the painting he was working on.

"Elvina."

"Brother she does not frighten me in the slightest. She is just grieving, she will not act on it." Nik turned back to the painting that was looking away from Elijah and picked up his brush once again.

"She has harnessed quite the power Niklaus, I fear she will stop at nothing to strike you dead." Klaus now stood up and paced slightly, the paintbrush in his hand cracking at the pressure.

"Well brother, we will stand against her, right?" Niklaus grasped his shoulder and smiled at his brother. "Always and forever,"

Elijah was torn. Help his brother. Or help his bestfriend and the woman he had come to love. Both choices only led to destruction and misery. Niklaus took no notice of Elijah's silence and went back to painting, so his older brother just walked away with a heavy burden on his heart.

Niklaus looked at the painting and admired his handiwork. He would hang it in the centuries to come. After all this drama was dealt with appropriately.

The full moon had come, and the stars shone bright. Elvina had walked into the night, wearing a pale blue dress, and her sister's necklace clutched in her hand. She channeled the spirits and stomped into the night, following her senses straight to Klaus.